Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #169

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboatguy View Post
You drive like a rolling road block cause traffic issues and then call the company, WOW! I hope karma catches you soon!
Rolling road block??? I'm driving a motorhome in the right lane I'm supposed to be in and you are wishing me ill for it by karma.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #170
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Final warning. Personal attacks are not allowed here. This thread will be closed if we can't abide by our Community Rules.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 03-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
I watched the video this morning with my 1st cup of coffee. I was going to stop viewing when I seen how often you failed to maintain your travel lane. I watched all of it anyway and had the same thoughts as the majority of the responders.

I hope the truck driver has no grief from his employer.

You asked for an opinion.
My wife thinks I drive great. I'm not perfect but the dash camera makes the road looks scary. YouTube also have a playback problem. I know I wiggle a little when I wanted to hand my wife my sunglasses and she said to hang on my shirt.

The truck driver deserve grief from his employer. Just because he may believe I may be doing him wrong don't make it right to do me wrong.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #172

Does it matter who was right or who was wrong? Both could have and should have been more attentive. It only takes a second and everyone at one time or another has had a stupid moment. Put it behind you and move on, hopefully you'll react differently next time someone makes a poor decision. There's such a thing as being dead right.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #173

Fleetwood Owners Club
I read the YouTube comment, and went back and listened to the audio. The OP does comment when the truck passes him and you can see the signal on that he knows the truck wants over, yet does not slow, or even try to move over, and this was at least a 1/2 mile before the lane ended. I would have killed the cruise control and as I glided a bit and slowed let the trucker by. Knowing he wants over a full 30 seconds before and commenting you don't know why he wants over, is a good reason to let him over. The reason is you can't see what he does, and maybe, just maybe, there is a bigger hazard there than a lane ending in a 1/2 mile the next time. As the old bumper stickers use to say, arrive alive.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #174

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Gordon,

In my accident, Driver A had the right away since she was on the road driving with neither stop light or stop sign. I was sitting at a STOP sign yielding to driver A who had the right of way. Vehicle C was at the STOP sign opposite to me and decided she could beat Vehicle A. She didn't.

There were two of us in the right but in the end it didn't matter. My neck and head have been at a level 4/10 for the last three days. I don't care who was right, I still hurt. I'm lucky, the surgeon said I came within 1/8 an inch of being a quad. 1/8 of an inch. 60 seconds, think about it. 60 seconds.

Pease go back and read that post because it puts this in the perspective from someone who will pay the rest of their life for someone else being in a hurry.

Keep it safe, Lynne
I understand Lynne. I know how hard it can be to live with the results of other peoples bad decisions.

Part of my job was to inspect and review fatal accident scenes from the highways perspective. It was a task I simply hated. I would attend the scene after most of the carnage and blood had been cleaned up. All that was left was the paint lines showing paths of the vehicles and small bits of debris. Worst was once and a while there would be a small toy or stuffed animal missed in the cleanup. Generally I would have several sleepless nights after each review. Thank goodness I never became used to the scene.

I agree with the thread and that the OP should have given way to a stupid driver who took a chance.

I do not understand the vitriolous comments made by many of the posters regarding the OP. If one were to apply the same standard to your accident as some are applying to the OP then Driver A should be taken to task for not seeing Driver C start to move and stopped before the accident occurred. This equates roughly to Driver A being the OP and Driver C being the trucker. This is very simplistic and does not address all of the contributing factors of which I am sure there are many.

Thank goodness the accident was averted in this thread. I believe the OP will react differently in the future.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #175

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffypuff View Post
Rolling road block??? I'm driving a motorhome in the right lane I'm supposed to be in and you are wishing me ill for it by karma.
I agree with you.

Some should check their drivers instruction manual to review what the big signs mean when they have arrows pointing down at the lanes.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #176

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf111 View Post
Does it matter who was right or who was wrong? Both could have and should have been more attentive. It only takes a second and everyone at one time or another has had a stupid moment. Put it behind you and move on, hopefully you'll react differently next time someone makes a poor decision. There's such a thing as being dead right.
Best post of the thread.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #177

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
This thread should be sent to the trucking company . Let them see how the op is enjoying his 15 minutes of irv fame.
I expect the trucking company will be speaking with the driver about taking a risk with the truck and cargo. He was racing a MH to a point where the highway lane ended. Yes the OP should have been courteous and dropped back to give him room to merge.

If the accident would have happend the company could have lost the truck and driver both of whom are revenue threads.

They will likely speak to him about risking their property.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I understand Lynne. I know how hard it can be to live with the results of other peoples bad decisions.

Part of my job was to inspect and review fatal accident scenes from the highways perspective. It was a task I simply hated. I would attend the scene after all was cleaned up. Most of the carnage and blood had been cleaned up. All that was left was the paint lines showing paths of the vehicles and small bits of debris. Generally I would have several sleepless nights after each review.

I agree with the thread and that the OP should have given way to a stupid driver who took a chance.

I do not understand the vitriolous comments made by many of the posters regarding the OP. If one were to apply the same standard to your accident as some are applying to the OP then Driver A should be taken to task for not seeing Driver C start to move and stopped before the accident occurred. This is very simplistic and does not address all of the contributing factors of which I am sure there are many.

This equates roughly to Driver A being the OP and Driver C being the trucker.

Thank goodness the accident was averted in this thread. I believe the OP will react differently in the future.
Finally someone come up with a good answer and an expert at that. Thank you! You are right I will react different if same in the future if face with same again.

I really didn't know that trucker was going to make that move so close until he did. I did have my eye on him and reacted to it by hitting the brakes and changing lanes after the car on my left passed. I'm glad I avoided too and wouldn't want the job you were doing.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #179
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many thanks to all who have posted...but after 2 Aministrator Warning posts the personal attacks did not stop (but were removed)...

...so, Thread Closed.

Be well, and safe travels to all

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Closed Thread

Tags
driver