Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's seems like a lack of courtesy on your part Huffy. Get over it. Turn off your cruise control in traffic. Pay attention to others. You're lucky all you got was a one finger salute. Life is for living. Enjoy it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #100

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
The sign clearly showed that the right most lane was NOT a through lane for the Interstate. There was no Interstate symbol or arrow over his lane. It might not have said exit only, but the signage was clear.
I think I'm suppose to read my signs not his. I'm in a lane to continue on 210.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #101

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffypuff View Post
You're supposed to be aware of your surroundings. That includes what's going on in the adjacent lanes. You keep digging your hole deeper.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #102

Newmar Owners Club
Watched it many many times, and like Flyingdiver said, when the truck got just in front of you, the second full width sign over the interstate went by telling the truck driver that the interstate is the 3 left lanes, that is about the time the rear of the truck is visible to see the trucks turn signal signaling , wanting to merge left..... you had a clear view of both full width over head signs showing/telling you his lane was ending. Your dash cam shows this................"May our path's never cross"
Safe travels to you...........seat belts a must!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #103

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffypuff View Post
You're supposed to be aware of your surroundings.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #104

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
HuffyPuffy, you're missing the point, forget about the speed, forget about the lane, forget about who is right or wrong. All you needed to do was back off and let him in, even if he was wrong to start with. Don't forget if you live through the accident, when they are taking the accident report there will be many witnesses who will have seen this event differently than you did, as you are seeing by the responses you are getting. And if it was left up to your dash cam I wouldn't want to use that in your defense in this situation either. This could have been a huge liability for you.

At this point either you are very stubborn, hence why this occurred in the first place or you are simply messing with all who are posting and trying to keep you safe, as well as others around you in future road trips.
Well said!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperxray View Post
It's seems like a lack of courtesy on your part Huffy. Get over it. Turn off your cruise control in traffic. Pay attention to others. You're lucky all you got was a one finger salute. Life is for living. Enjoy it.
You say I have a lack of courtesy but the out the other side of your mouth say it's ok for the one finger salute.

Let see he is not wrong for cutting me off, he is not wrong for being in the wrong lane, he not wrong for speeding. I see where you are coming from. LOL
Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #106

HUFFYPUFF...........Please read post #93, over and over until you fall asleep.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
huffypuff,

Being right is not going to make any of this right if you had been hit or hit another vehicle or vehicles. Someone could have gotten hurt including you or your wife. Will being right make that easier to take? What about damage to your rig? Looks like a nice rig and I am sure you won't want an accident with it.

Lynne
Old 03-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #108

Mad Truck Driver, What do you think?

IMO your comment of "I don't know why he did that" kind of says it all. Sorry to say but in my opinion an aware, observant, safe driver would have known exactly why he did that. He even told you he was going to do it.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
HUFFYPUFF...........Please read post #93, over and over until you fall asleep.
Once is enough! Thank you!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #110

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Mad Truck Driver, What do you think?

Huffy you can't be convinced, I see that.Yes The driver will get a talking to about how he could've avoided the situation and about his use of the finger.but I'm afraid they'll also use it as an example of how the motoring public can be dangerous to work around. You don't see it I know. I am a truck driver who drives doubles and triples for a big similar company every day. Yes when he realized he couldn't go around you and you weren't going to give ( as common courtesy you should have no matter what his reason was ! )he should've slowed down and made preparations for someone else to let him in.
His mistake caused you to make many more mistakes ,slowing down to 45 !! then speeding up to try to chase him down to get his number causing the finger incident all of it could've been avoided but as many have said and you have refused to see. sadly i'm worried not much will change. Drive with the traffic speed ( sometimes NOT the speed limit .. driving slower you are a big hazard .. More so than speeders and if you can't or refuse to ( you were ok with speeding up / changing lanes to get the truck number ) then ok at least put on the aware and courteous hat . try not to be dead right. The video does remind me to not trust the public .. Part of my basic training years ago
Old 03-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
IMO your comment of "I don't know why he did that" kind of says it all. Sorry to say but in my opinion an aware, observant, safe driver would have known exactly why he did that. He even told you he was king to do it.
Again you believe it was the right thing for him to do. So sad for you to think he should be crown king.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #112

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Huffy you can't be convinced, I see that.Yes The driver will get a talking to about how he could've avoided the situation and about his use of the finger.but I'm afraid they'll also use it as an example of how the motoring public can be dangerous to work around. You don't see it I know. I am a truck driver who drives doubles and triples for a big similar company every day. Yes when he realized he couldn't go around you and you weren't going to give ( as common courtesy you should have)he should've slowed down and made preparations for someone else to let him in.
His mistake caused you to make many more mistakes ,slowing down to 45 !! then speeding up to try to chase him down to get his number causing the finger incident all of it could've been avoided but as many have said and you have refused to see. sadly i'm worried not much will change. Drive with the traffic speed ( sometimes NOT the speed limit .. driving slower you are a big hazard .. More so than speeders and if you can't or refuse to ( you were ok with speeding up / changing lanes to get the truck number ) then ok at least put on the aware and courteous hat . try not to be dead right. The video does remind me to not trust the public .. Part of my basic training years ago ��
I'll be more aware tonight at work.
Closed Thread

Tags
driver