Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #15
laj

they already have that. once they get something thats not what they wanted it was something else. the old bait and switch game.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #16

Us Southerners are known for our manners.

But we retirees often sleep late and have to wear ball caps to do errands and haul around grandkids. We cannot always remove our caps if our hair's not done. Please bear with us.

And don't be offended if we're not clean shaven. I do shave on Wednesdays and Sundays, however.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
My poor hubby gets perplexed occasionally... there are few hat racks anymore, so he hangs his hat on whatever he can find... and the car I usually drive has no key hole on the passenger side, so if he drives it, he can't open the door for me... he must use the driver side to turn the key twice to unlock all 4 doors....( Thank you Kia?)
Oh, and he always carry's that little black comb to run through his hair after he removes his hat...
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bamaman, I am with you 100%. If my haircut is fairly recent, I don't wear a cap, but when the hair gets long it wants to stand out sideways and looks weird, ergo the cap. and shave when the mood strikes.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #19

Good manners are mostly out of fashion. Of course what you end up with is the chaos of today compared to the more orderly way of life in say 1947. In 1968 the mantra was, "do your own thing", the people coming of age in 1968 have been running things for a while and disorder seems to be preferred to order. Things like opening doors for ladies is considered either quaint or sexist. Same with proper business attire. People that fly on airplanes look like they are dressed to go to a dog fight or dig a trench. In 1975 people actually dressed up for air flights. When I wear a tie and jacket to church I might be the only one out of 150 men doing so. Flip flops and shorts are much more common in church than ties and coats.

I prefer order and gentility to chaos and rudeness.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I will take this one step further about lack of manners. It amazes or more like disgusts me to see people spitting on the sidewalks or streets or wherever they are walking. I was also ridiculed by some younger co workers for carrying a handkerchief. You know what they were doing. My parents would have beat me for that ignorance.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:17 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
B Bob, For a generation or longer we have had the "Flower Children" running the country and teaching our schools. We can only expect society to continue on the downward spiral. I have remarked many times that I am glad I am not of the younger generations.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm actually glad to be the age I am and as a Boomer and I guess flower child I somehow have managed to hold on to the manners and values I was raised with. One in particular is "Don't say anything if you don't have something good to say."
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #23

iRV2 No Limits Club
Why take off your hat in a restaurant when you don't during the national anthem?

For those that may have never been taught: During the playing of the national anthem you should: 1. Remove your hat. 2. Right hand over your heart,.(Veterans may salute instead) 3.STOP talking!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
For those that may have never been taught: During the playing of the national anthem you should: 1. Remove your hat. 2. Right hand over your heart,.(Veterans may salute instead) 3.STOP talking!
Are women required to remove their hats?
Old 12-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #25

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Are women required to remove their hats?
No, unless the hat is a unisex baseball type hat. For more info check this:

Hats Off! The Who-What-When-Where of the Hat
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #26

I believe in common courtesies and am old school in many ways...probably my Midwest upbringing and all my years in the military. I'll be honest though, dressing up to fly on a plane is something I don't do. That said, I also don't dress like I'm on my way to Home Depot to pick up more sheets of drywall. As far as removing my ball cap when eating at Cracker Barrel et al...something else I don't concern myself with too much. I DO remove my hat (and place it over my heart) for the National Anthem and when I enter or eat at friend's/family's homes.

I am far from a "rebel" but I also don't worry too much about some of the things other people seem to believe are cast in stone...I'm not so rigid in my beliefs though that it keeps me from respecting the traditions of others.

Ex-Navy/retired Coast Guard CWO w/ 34 Years Total Service. Goal: 2016 - Sell our house and begin full-timing. January 2019 - Retire for good from my job and hit the road.
LJSteinmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I once held the door open for a "lady" at work - she proceeded to ream me out with such invective that I was shocked! She insisted that I was a sexist pig because I had the audacity to suggest that she wasn't capable of opening her own door!

But that wasn't enough to get me to stop holding doors for people!

An observation: there is a group of people (of the non-occidental persuasion) who pretty much universally act alike: how wide they open a door is inversely proportional to how close behind them someone else is walking. If there is nobody within 100 feet of them they'll open the door as wide as it will go; if someone is within 3 or 4 feet of them they'll open the door just enough so they can squeeze through, and then let it go.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I will take this one step further about lack of manners. It amazes or more like disgusts me to see people spitting on the sidewalks or streets or wherever they are walking. I was also ridiculed by some younger co workers for carrying a handkerchief. You know what they were doing. My parents would have beat me for that ignorance.

Dennis... before your folks were grown... spitting used to be ok...in fact... there used to be spittoons in buildings for that purpose, then TB became a serious threat and spitting in public on streets and such became taboo.

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote