Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #1

Marines and Navy, for Seajay and Wayne

Brothers this is a compelling account of The Battle For Cuzco Well (September 1998) | Leatherneck - Magazine of the Marines
and explains some of the background of the Marines and Navy during the Spanish American War. I hope you find it as interesting as I. Now I wish I wasn't such a slacker in high school history class.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is why I always thank our Veterans for their contribution to this great nation. None finer than our U.S. Marine Corp and their tenacity and their ''Never say die'' attitude. Like I have said so many times ..... It does me proud to have been a tiny part of something so great as our Armed Forces. Without a doubt I say ''HOORAHHH, U.S. MARINE CORP for your valor past and present and I repeat, ''Anyone that messes with our Marines is stupid, really stupid 'cause you are going to get your A$$ handed to you with sand in the crack.''
(hay Wayne, bet you thought you would never hear this from a squid I bet)

God bless our veterans past and present and keep them safe...

Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Seajay, you would hear it from me. Fleet Marine Force Corpsman for a little over 2 years. Loved every minute that I got to be with my Marines. I am 1 of 4 corpsman where we live that get to go to the Marine Corps birthday party every year.
Thank you for your service.
jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All "Docs" are welcome at my campsite.

Actually everyone is welcome at my campsite, but you'll have a special place.

Thanks for the link. If you follow USMC exploits you will see many stories similar in valor. Not boasting, just fact. There are also many exploits of other services and their endeavors.

Thank you to all veterans, past and future, and a many thanks to our active duty personnel now serving their country.

"Freedom is not free."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just wonder if the "Cav" had to bail them out??
Old 02-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #6

Nope, no horses on those ships. If I read the story right, the Navy helped. Did anyone notice, that is how the U.S. gained possession of Guantanamo bay.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ray my friend, this is a trait of the U.S. Navy. We seldom make a ''brag'' or seldom are we boisterous about our service. We don't have to do that. We never mention that the earth surface is covered most by water and the U.S. Navy covers that water. We cover under it with the greatest ''silent service'' fleet the world has ever seen with a combined force in our submarine fleet greater than all the power exerted in all the wars this country has ever fought in.

My Navy covers the surface of those same oceans with a surface fleet that is second to none in the world. My Navy has the most ships from buoy tenders to the mightiest aircraft carries ever imagined by man. I say Navy is the greatest but I am predigest of course.

My Navy has an air armada greater than anything ever imagined by man and we are ready to deploy as necessary at a moments notice almost anywhere in the world if necessary. Without exception, we have the greatest and most talented and best trained pilots in the world. Anyone that can drop a 15 ton aircraft on a postage stamp, in the dark, in rough weather and do it right every time has to be, shall we say ''special''......

And yes we have our own ability to put ''boots on the ground'' using the toughest, meanest, ugliest, most determined group of ''devil dogs'' the enemy has ever seen when we deploy our U.S. Marine Corp as a show of force as necessary. Urrrrah Marines.......

I will not mention our Seals and our thousand upon thousands of well trained technicians that service every aspect of My Navy in all its facets.

I call My Navy the ''Hammer of Justice'' in that we can re-build a city for you and give you food and water and all the sustenance needed after a flood or tidal wave or we can make life really miserable for you if necessary and do it in a fashion that you will not even see the ''coming'' of your destruction until you are already dead........ The ''Hammer'' can build or destroy ....... YOUR CHOICE...

I want it understood that I say these things with the greatest respect and admiration for all our armed service forces regardless of color, stripe, rank or rating but I am predigest because I am my fathers son and my father was Navy and so was I.

(i will stop now because i know i am going to get ''flack'' from all the other services)

May God bless ALL our service personnel and keep them safe and bring them home to us real soon ....