Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Masters of the Grill - Speak Out!

With Father's Day approaching thought (for once) I'd be prepared with the DW asks what I wanted for FD. Have prioritized my list and a portable grill is #1. Currently have one that cooks about four burgers. Looking for something larger, propane powered, that I can fit in my cargo slideout. Open to all suggestions. Thanks.

Richard and Mary Lou
2007 HR Scepter, 42PLQ
Supply Corps, USN Retired
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Picked up a Weber Baby Q this spring amd we love it!

2008 Newmar DSDP 4304

2000 Wrangler Sahara
ddz1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Try these forum links for lots-o-info:
Today's Big Purchase - Grill for RV Tailgating - Have You seen this out and about? - RV-Dreams Community Forum
What is the favorite BBQ grill for Fulltimers - RV-Dreams Community Forum
2007 and 7/8ths Newmar Essex 4502
RVDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Richard, We have a Coleman Roadtrip Propane, uses the smaller 1lb bottles or you can attach to a big cylinder. It came with two cast iron grates, we purchased the additional full griddle, does an excellant job, and folds for storage an optional cover is available. We really like it.
2008 Coachmen 288FKS-2000 F-250 4x4 V-10/
Fur Baby Lilbit and Diesel
Come grow old with me the best is yet to be TEXAS BOOMERS
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Richard, check out a Broil King Porta-Chef, legs pull off, has a bag that grill and legs go into. Has one of the largest grilling surfaces for a portable that I have found, warming rack also with a lot of BTU's. Used ours for a lot of years and am very happy with it. See link below:

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything"
2008 Newmar VTDP - 3330 - ISBXT 350 Spartan NVS
Toad - 2013 Mini Cooper S or 93 Nissan 4WD PU
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a second recommendation for the Weber Baby-Q. I've been using one for the past 1-1/2 years and think it's one of the best grills I've ever owned, large or small. I carry a 5lb external propane tank and a few spare 1lb'ers as backup.
2008 Tiffin AB 35TSB W24, 08 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Tow Bar & U.S. Gear Unified Tow Brake

Wayneey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
We Like The Weber 120, I found mine on Craig's List New in the box $110.00 We have a 5 lb bottle with the small back ups.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 8.3 40ft, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
IA summers, Parker Dam CA winters.
Lued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We love our baby Q. Got it on line with extension hose for larger bottle/tank, cover and stand. Stand is not the most user friendly to set up and take down but is sure does stow nicely and great to have when you don't have a picnic table.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham,WA'05 Winnebago Journey 36G. FL-XC, Cat 350, aero muffler, AFE filter, 4 FSD Koni's, ultra track bell, SafeT+, FMCA397030, WIT 129107
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a Coleman Road Trip X leg type.

However his year I"ve been cooking over a wood fire with a tripod more often than not
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
Tiffin Owners Club
Travel with a Coleman LXE. I like the fact I can convert to a griddle for breakfast outside.
I've owed several webers b4 and can't say anything bad about them.
John and Bea
2005 Allegro Bus 38TGP
2005 Honda CRV
nevred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We recently bought a Thermos Grill 2 Go Advantage with the stand. What is especially nice about it is the valves are separate from the regulator. That allowed me to get the fittings and hose extension to run it off the rig's cylinders and still have the option of using the disposable cylinders if we want to.

It does a great job cooking burgers and chicken. We used to have a Weber Go Anywhere portable grill but had a continuing problem with the burner going out in even a light breeze.
Dave & Jo Ann
'08 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB | '11 F350 Lariat 6.7PSD
Half Dimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #12

I got tired of getting out the grill, bricketts, and/or fuel and etc, so I got a Geroge Forman Electric grill. Big enough to cook 30 or so hambergers at once. Does steaks perfect everytime. Just plug in and its ready to go. If we are dry camping just turn on the genset and away we go. Easy clean-up and storage. Got it at Bed Bath and Beyond (got it in the beyond section) after senior discount and their usual 20% off, it cost les than $40 bucks. We liked it so much, got one for the stick house now also. s/Toby
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ
Click on SHIP to enlarge CGC Sagebrush
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I also favor the Weber Baby-Q. I have a collapsable wire stand from Camping World that we use for boondocking. Most of the time its on a picnic table connnected to a 5 gal bottle. Works great, no problems in over 2 years of ownership.

dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
I have a Perfect Flame portable grill from Lowes. I don't see it on their website but saw it in the store today. I have mine about a 1 1/2 yr and love it.

It is a rectangle shape w top shelf. Has solid legs maybe 6" that fold completlt flate under the grill for storage. There are 3 sizes now I noticed today in the store ranging from about $40 - 70. I've used mine extensively and it still looks like new. I have always run my grills off my coach's tank.

Happy Father's Day a little early!

2007 Winnebago Journey 36'
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote