Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #1

McMahon RV fled Mesa Az

I drove by the RV property and it was vacant. Anyone have any information on their departure? Seems like the company fled overnight.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
They are based in CA, and not with that good of a reputation either.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #4

Was in Quartzite the other day,they have a big lot there full of rv's
Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #5

My friend bought a new Phaeton from them this past year from the Pomona RV Show in So Cal and he has had absolutely terrible service from them. The service Manager walked out on them after he was caught in a lie , he said reason for a big delay was they were waiting on parts from Tiffin when in fact they never ordered the parts. My friend called Tiffin himself about the issue had was told the parts were never ordered . His Coach has been in their hands for service over 18 weeks. After hearing how he has been treated from them over this whole ordeal sealed the deal for me that I will never buy from them.....ever
Old 12-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #6

Really. Bad service. That's too bad. We bought a new 2013 Eclipse toy hauler from McMahon's In Mesa a couple of months ago. It has been a great Rv so far The dealer was fair but took a little too long to pay off our trade they threw in 500 dollars in gas cards to make the deal go through. I hope I can get service in phx when the time comes.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #7

I just talked with my buddy today and his coach has been in 21 weeks so far. Has drove over there 6 different times and some of the issues have been wrote up all 6 visits . The Service Manager must be related somehow because some of the things he has done/said to my friend/customer at any other RV business he would been fired a long time ago.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #8

Oh great, we've been hearing that they are closing that location and transferring all of the service personnel to Palm Desert. We were hoping that move might improve service here. In the last 3 months, they have gone from 4 people in the office, to 1. We feel very badly for the one guy left here. Oh, well, we've come to realize that the RV business is not very reliable. We love staying in our RV. We don't love the industry standards of quality or service. Very frustrating.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
I just talked with my buddy today and his coach has been in 21 weeks so far. Has drove over there 6 different times and some of the issues have been wrote up all 6 visits . The Service Manager must be related somehow because some of the things he has done/said to my friend/customer at any other RV business he would been fired a long time ago.
We also have a Tiffin and we had Trouble with our Door Lock in Idaho last June. We put a call into Tiffin and they sent us a new Door Lock and we even had Bob Tiffin Call us to make sure we were happy with the Service. If i were your Friend i would put a call into Tiffin and Ask to Speak to Mr Tiffin. He wants his Customers to be happy. I have heard that they will find another Service Center to have the Work done and Authorize it. Tell your Friend to Give a Call to Mr. Tiffin.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #10

Before we bought our coach out of state we confirmed with the manufacturer and our reliable local rv service shop that they would work together on any warranty or other issues. This arrangement has worked out very well for us including replacement of all four hydraulic levelers. I would encourage anyone unhappy with their dealer to secure authorization to take their work to a trustworthy shop.
EZDZIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #11

I work in wholesale distribution, we frequently see this kind of thing. The customer calls us about availability of a part then says the dealer has told him we are the bad guys. Usually the dealer has A not ordered the part or B is on credit hold. I gave one dealer tech an ear full over this, told him to talk to his boss. The problem is at your end not ours, don't sick your unhappy customers on us.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
McMahon's puts on so called RV shows in Southern CA all the time. Went to one a couple years ago in Pomona. Wasn't impressed, looked like they bring the RV's they can't sell from all their dealer ship's and try to unload them.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor16 View Post
We also have a Tiffin and we had Trouble with our Door Lock in Idaho last June. We put a call into Tiffin and they sent us a new Door Lock and we even had Bob Tiffin Call us to make sure we were happy with the Service. If i were your Friend i would put a call into Tiffin and Ask to Speak to Mr Tiffin. He wants his Customers to be happy. I have heard that they will find another Service Center to have the Work done and Authorize it. Tell your Friend to Give a Call to Mr. Tiffin.
Thanks for the information. A representative from Tiffin has been there trying to see the work is getting done right . I don't know the whole story with him but it seems it's not helping much so this guy isn't reporting back what's going on. They did extend his warranty but then turned around and has had the coach over a month this time. My friend is going to talk to Mr Tiffin he said. My friend isn't asking for no more than to fix and make his coach like what he paid for. He loves the coach but is very frustrated over his dealings with getting service done at McMahons.