Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yesterday I had lunch with my Mexican national friend at work. He has not been back to Monterrey since Christmas and has moved his some to the US. He said that the border is not safe and it has spread. One small village near Monterrey has been abandoned by all of the residents and businesses. The place is shot up by the drug cartels and the remaining people just up and left....if is a ghost town now.

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My COMMON SENSE says it ain't worth it anymore.

Not "fear".

jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #17

Vegas couple quoted stories that only happened once. In Mexico these stories are happening daily. We tried to alert him from going, and if we read about his adventure later, we can say we knew him when----I bet most of us others will be live chickens on this side of the border until things clear up.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascouple View Post
Guess I must be from The Land of The Brave!
If you guys want to stay home go for it that is your choice, but don't think the rest of us are crazy because we don't live with your fear!

I hear rumors from the news that there's a recession going on in the USA. Another reason to spend your $$$ here. jodann
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #19

I enjoy vacationing in Mexico, and we've just returned from 3 weeks in the greater Cancun area. However, we flew there. We never had any concern about personal safety while there------we were probably safer than being in downtown Minneapolis at night. That included driving a rental car 240 miles south to Xcalak, spending time in Tulum, and then finally on Isla Mujeres.

However, I don't think I would be interested in driving my MH across the border unless it was in a convoy of MH's that planned on driving well inland before stopping. Nor would I be interested in overnighting in a parking lot on the waterfront in New Jersey either!!

2000 Itasca 35U
427435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #20

Smile

You know, there was a song that at one time we used to revere. It went something like this......

"God bless America,
land that I love,
stand beside her, and guide her,
thru the night, with a light from above,
from the mountains, to the prairies,
to the oceans, white with foam,
God bless America, my home sweet home."

Now, I've been to Mexico, been to Europe & other places, but nothing, & I do mean 'nothing', compares to the good ol US of A. Did a 10,000+ mile cross-country trip last year & am in the process of planning another trip of similar length with differing routes in an attempt to see this glorious country of ours. I have no further desire to spend my hard earned US dollars anywhere else but here.

I might even visit Minneapolis & a parking lot in New Jersey. jodann
Old 03-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #21

Do not go to Mexico and spend US $$$$.
Stay in the USA and spend $$$$ here. Our government needs the tax money to support the illegal Mexicans that are here.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodann View Post
You know, there was a song that at one time we used to revere. It went something like this......

"God bless America,
land that I love,
stand beside her, and guide her,
thru the night, with a light from above,
from the mountains, to the prairies,
to the oceans, white with foam,
God bless America, my home sweet home."