Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
Another strategy I've tried with annoying, unwanted solicitations, is post a complaint on their Facebook page. I was getting 3-5 emails a day from companies claiming to be Equifax warning me my data was at risk and they could solve this problem. I asked Equifax to stop offering a 'bounty' for folks signing up for their service. I did the same thing to A.T.&T. for the same thing, 3rd party emails trying to sell me a phone plan. Both companies replied and the number of bogus emails selling their services have decreased. I suggest the OP do the same for Microsoft. Public exposure of these scams helps, even if public officials don't.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks and good idea.

Unfortunately the firm I worked for shared office space in a building that housed an answering service. They provide sales and support for items that are advertised on TV. Want to buy that easy glider or apple widget or need help with the product? You may be talking to some of these folks.

I got to meet and know some of them working there as we shared a common lunch area. Most of them were hard working people trying to feed their families or put themselves through school. I applaud them for the efforts they make.

That may not be much different than a person trying to sell you phone or computer service on behalf of another company. For the most part they are trying to make a living.

I like to have my fun with them with the XXX comment but I let them get back to trying to make a living. Nowadays there are less and less jobs for a growing population.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #17

I think in the last few years I have received maybe 3 unsolicited phone calls. No politicians, no charities, no scams. The timing coincides with me deleting my land line.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
I'm sure they're hard working people, but how do they sleep at night knowing they've been interrupting folks during their dinner, trying to sell a service they REALLY don't know you need. (defragmenting hard drive) These folks are making a living by deception and lying to people to try and get money. I can't feel pity or give them any applause when I know 'easy gliders' can be had at any Walgreens or Harbor Freight and you don't have to pay inflated shipping and handling charges.

Some thieves and other crooks are also hard working, but I don't excuse or applaud them. Think of the elderly, tech innocent, sometimes too trusting folks that get scammed.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
This is the funniest prank I have heard being played on a telemarketer...this is priceless...
Old 12-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Fred - that is a classic. I still laugh at the mention of it and I heard it the first time several years ago. Thanks for reminding me.