Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #15

Good post Seajay. By the way some of the best chow I ever eat was in Navy Mess

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rvhauler you must have been in the Army,,,,,,,, yep ARMY where the ''c rat'' cans had no names on them. You open a can and guess what it is. If it aint movin, its probably veggies or some kind of beans maybe or it could be parts for your M1, maybe, and if it is movin, ITS MEAT.

God bless our troops and bring them home real soon and real safe......
God bless our vets .... ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL AND EVERY FREDOM WE HAVE WAS EARNED BY A PERSON WITH A GUN...
Nuff said for now ......

Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #17

EVERY FREDOM WE HAVE WAS EARNED BY A PERSON WITH A GUN...

Amen Brother Seajay !!

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #18

I'm one of those that get alot more info from, than I provide to these forums. As you can see from the last post I do respond when I have something to say. I'll sit and read these posts for hours sometimes.

It's ok Woody we will get it all figured out.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
G'mornin WOODYDEL:

Ya know, I do agree that during the course of an on-line forum discussion, the Original Poster (OP) should occasionally interject a return posting letting other responders to the original post at least know that their interest and effort in responding was received and/or appreciated. (Note: "appreciated" does not necessarily have to mean "agreed with"). It's a polite thing to do, particularly when exchanging posts here on the internet.

If someone has an interest, or is concerned enough about something to make an effort to reach out for help, or to share something with others on their preferred forum, they may not generate ANY responses. That can hurt!! But....if others on that forum DO take the time and make an effort to respond, and the OP doesn't occasionally at least let em know he/she IS listening (ie. reading) it's kinda like blowing off those who did post a response.

I don't think we need a "rule" in forum Mission Statements (or the like) however. Natural (social) Selection has a way of ultimately culling out rude behavior. Don't ya think?

Steve & Lynette
Old 10-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
I'm one of those that get alot more info from, than I provide to these forums. As you can see from the last post I do respond when I have something to say. I'll sit and read these posts for hours sometimes.

It's ok Woody we will get it all figured out.
I agree on quite a few of these posts in this thread but like Camping Man here, I get a lot of info just browsing thru the different threads, and I have gotten some good advice/comments on things when I have posted. I have learned so much that the DH and son just look at me and smile when I am trying to tell them how to do something with the MH. I had some "downtime" last year with no choice but to just sit around and browse the forum on my laptop. Now that I am better, well, I make sure I check it out daily just so I don't miss anything..
Woody you're an A-OK person once I got to know you
take care !
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
It doesn't really bother me if the person asking or starting a new thread answers back. I do notice more often a person with that post being his first post (1) will not return.....Maybe he forgot where he posted and doesn't know how to navigate around IRV2 being new. I remember that post because I chimed in about the road condition to where the poster wanted to travel.....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #22

Ummm....What was the question again??
Old 11-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITFISH View Post
Ummm....What was the question again??
Rabbitfish,
In case you were reading this thread looking for the IRV2 mission statement, it is directly above all the posts.
It states "Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts"
Old 12-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #24

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
Sorry. Sometimes I don't respond. I sometimes lose the spot where I responded or losse the new thread that I started. Sometimes I just forget.
Hope to get better.

Anyway, thanks a million for all the help.

Fred from Pasco, Wa.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #25

This isn't my only forum as I do enjoy many "active" hobbies. One of them is my RV. Rarely would I get my panties in a wad over what some stranger on the internet said or didn't say. If it is an interesting thread read it, if it isn't then don't. If you want to post then post. Certainly the op started the thread for a reason and if it helped you or you offered help great. Whether or it helped the op or it helped someone else you really will never know. For all that matters your "help" could be completely wrong!!!
Heck the first Forum I went on I just lurked around and read stuff for months!
What I think is funny is people that get bent out of shape if the thread gets a bit off topic, heck whats wrong with that??? You never know what can help a person out and take them to the next level of knowledge... I think this Forum has a great Mission Statement.

Mission Statement
: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.