Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Monday may 30

Monday May 30....... I sat on the bridge both Sunday and Monday with ''the Colors'' unfurled to the breeze in a salute to our fallen comrades that gave their lives so that we may be free.

I can not count the ''High Signs'', friendly waves, salutes and horn honks that i got concerning the flag. I loved the big rigs down on I-40 that would hold down the air horns in a 20 second salute and the drivers would wave out the window at me. You could say I kinda cheated this time because I fixed a plastic pipe on the railing to hold the flag when my arms would give out. I would sit and rest and get feeling back into my arms and then........ Stand and Wave the Colors again. Guess I aint as tough as I use to be but I still honor our fallen brothers.

The picture is copied from the Hickory Daily and the quality leaves a lot to be desired but at least we have that....

ps. This is the flag they draped over my dads coffin for his service in WWII

God bless our troops and all who serve......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEAJAYFLAG.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	10654  
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Another year and GOOD for You Seajay the sailor man.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Saw another proud American on an I-81 overpass yesterday in Virginia.

I gave him an air horn salute and he stood at attention and saluted us back.

God Bless America!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I wish we could start a '''trend'' of people showing the colors on Memorial Day and on Veterans day to show appreciation for the men and women of all services that have given us so much of their lives for seemingly so little appreciation for their services. Some will say ....''Well, they volunteered for the service, so we owe them nothing for their service to this country'' To these people I say

'' You sir are (^^&*) @#,,$%%& and your momma *%##& ((^#@& because you are a ^^$'' (this is Navy talk, and I edited it myself)

I say THANK GOD for these devoted people that served and are serving our country. We need to tell them THANK YOU every day......
I am getting on a ''rant'' here and I will censor myself and go ''tinkle'' and have another cup of coffee before I have to kick myself off the forum....

Nuff said for now....
God bless our troops of every color and stripe. Bring them home safe ...
Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #5

Thumbs up

To you sir!
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
While nobody has ever said anything to my face, I don't care what is said behind my back.

When a Viet Nam Veteran sees my license plate and holder, he will always identify where and when he was there. Then we get together with a cool one, mostly silent, but if someone wants to speak...we listen with respect. At the peak there were over 550,000 combatants in-country. There are a lot more than you would think, and for some reason we always identify with each other, sort of automatically drawn to each other.

It is true, nobody owes us anything....

Kerry

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
TO. Kerry...... and all veterans .....

The main thing everyone owes you my friend is RESPECT.
Respect in the fact that you did not run away and take the easy out.
Respect in the fact that you did as you were told.
Respect in the fact that you did your duty to yourself and your country.
Respect in the fact that you did not say this is right or wrong.
Respect in the fact that you did the best you could for your friends and your honor, as a man and as a soldier.
If I can give you nothing else, I give you my RESPECT for a job well done.

God bless our veterans of every stripe and color.....
Old 06-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Seajay, all I can say is well done
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote