Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #1

Money Talks But Mine Only Learnt To Wave Good Bye.

Once again, as I prepare to pour concrete for my RV's parking pad I'm also preparing to have a new, bigger and wider gate fabricated and installed.

I try not to do anything half way so I search through google and found some designer gates.

I like this one but didn't want to have the same exact design......

So I modified it in Photo Shop and took the center piece off of this gate and PSed it onto what I was trying to create.

I then finished it off with the swans I liked on this set of gates.

After I finished my final design I asked for an estimate and the fellow laughed and said "boy oh boy, you sure have very expensive taste!"

I said well how much are we talking for something as simple as this:

He took his calculator out and starting punching number like crazy, I was like...... ...... few minutes later he goes, that would be $6800 but if you want us to install it that would be another $800. My eyes about pop out its sockets...

.... now does that price include the Vaseline or do I have to bring my own, I asked. " Nope, you have to provide you own", he replied.

Well how much for this one then:

"Minus the swans, take off $1800 of the price I gave you." Still that is $5800 with installation I replied.

OK how much for something like this:

"Minus $2500 off of $5800, that would be $3300 including installation." But still no Vaseline right, I added. "Nope." he retorted.

I shopped with 3 other rod iron fencing and gate companies and all came way higher than Mr. 小寶 / 小宝 (Chungwanlow).

So I placed the order for the $3300 one.

OGTerror's Off Road Videos
OGTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
OGTerror,

Not a bad design and funny too.
Sounds like KY Ointment is in order to prevent hemorrhoids and I'll throw in some free contaminated Vaseline plus shipping, of course.
Usually the iron gates last a lifetime so enjoy the fruits of your design and labor and welcome to iRV2.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #3

Yep, that stuff's expensive. We just paid $6k to have an 11' RV gate made and installed. (still being fabricated, not yet installed) Consider doing wood planks on the back side to provide a bit of a screen, at least partially. Plus on my mission style house, it's architecturally compatible.