Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
More NEGATIVES about the deceitful Camping World

https://rvtravel.com/class-action-la...camping-world/
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

I could be wrong but prior to 2006 when that idiot Marcus Lemonis bought Camping World, I rarely if ever heard a negative complaint about Camping World. He (Lemonis) thinks he knows this intricate business and unfortunately in my opinion he's made a mess of Camping World so much so, I no longer make purchases from them partly because of their business practices and Lemoinis' statement that he didn't want my money based on who I voted for.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #3

Amazon should buy him out. You can already get pretty much anything that CW sells via Amazon, cheaper and with 2 day shipping.
Be great if you could find your new rig on Amazon, order it, and have it delivered 2 days later!!!

Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #4

Say what you want about the Lemonis empire (I know you will [emoji8]). The Good Sam roadside assistance that I got with my recent 5th wheel purchase paid off big time when they sent two tow trucks to haul me out of a hole in a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. No complaints here.
Gone_Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_Feral View Post
Say what you want about the Lemonis empire (I know you will [emoji8]). The Good Sam roadside assistance that I got with my recent 5th wheel purchase paid off big time when they sent two tow trucks to haul me out of a hole in a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. No complaints here.

A broken clock is correct twice a day

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
A broken clock is correct twice a day

Right on!!!
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Amazon should buy him out. You can already get pretty much anything that CW sells via Amazon, cheaper and with 2 day shipping.
Be great if you could find your new rig on Amazon, order it, and have it delivered 2 days later!!!

Grumpy
I would not buy a glass of water from Amazon, even if I was stuck in the middle of the Sahara desert. Bezos is a despicable excuse for a human being.
Additionally, anything you can buy on Amazon, you can buy cheaper from other sources.
OldBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #8

Agree on Amazon. It seems all they want to do is sell me a Prime membership. Maybe Bezos golfs with Lemonis...
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBeaver View Post
I would not buy a glass of water from Amazon, even if I was stuck in the middle of the Sahara desert. Bezos is a despicable excuse for a human being.
Additionally, anything you can buy on Amazon, you can buy cheaper from other sources.
I'm not sure your statement is true at all most people love Amazon and their deals are the best
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:02 PM   #10

Amazon has saved us quite a few times. I don't care for Bezos but the idea of Amazon is genius. And I've heard all the complaints about putting small business out of business, when we are traveling, and need something, Amazon will get it to us no matter where we are. We hardly ever go to CW any more. If we need something, Amazon has it, usually cheaper.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
Amazon has saved us quite a few times. I don't care for Bezos but the idea of Amazon is genius. And I've heard all the complaints about putting small business out of business, when we are traveling, and need something, Amazon will get it to us no matter where we are. We hardly ever go to CW any more. If we need something, Amazon has it, usually cheaper.
My wife and I love Amazon, not only their prices and fast shipping but the free books and movies you get with Prime. I really like the local CW here in Cincinnati too. They have some of the nicest people working there but I only shop during the big sales events that they have throughout the year. I find it enjoyable to walk through the store and look at things there. I personally don't care who the owners are. Give me good prices, selection, and service then I'm happy.
BruceNeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't spend a dime in CW.The ones in Ms.are high as the proverbial cats back.We have bought on Amazon with good and fast results as well.Most things you can find online with a little searching and a lot with free shipping.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #13

I haven't been to CW since he made his comments.

I also try, which I admit is hard sometimes, to buy some other place than Amazon.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #14

Just picking up my 1991 Foretravel in Florida and on the 13th paid in full for the platinum Roadside service along with the membership. Called today 10/22 to ask why they debited my card on 10/16 and I never got a temporary card email. Of course they sent the email right away. Then I had put in a request for service (winterizing) my MH when I got back home in Wisconsin and was told by a Camping World near my home that they would not get me in until January and then said, "by the way, you are over 10 years old so we do not service MH's that old" My question is.... why would you advertise that you have discounts for parts and service, not mention that you have a age limit on the vehicle and when I signed up they asked me about the year/make/ model? I have 30 days to cancel so as soon as I get back I will need to find a new Roadside service. Any suggestions? I do have my RV insurance through progressive but did not add this service because I thought Good Sams had been highly rated... just a newbie so I am learning a lot
KtyTravel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world