Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #15

[QUOTE=KtyTravel;4463301]Just picking up my 1991 Foretravel in Florida and on the 13th paid in full for the platinum Roadside service along with the membership. Called today 10/22 to ask why they I have 30 days to cancel so as soon as I get back I will need to find a new Roadside service. Any suggestions?

Coachnet is very good. Are you a FMCA member? They offer excellent discount on Coachnet.

I also have Progressive. Their roadside service has extreme limitations.
Gone_Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2018, 06:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
A broken clock is correct twice a day

It was correct exactly when I needed it.....LOL
Gone_Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_Feral View Post
Coachnet is very good. Are you a FMCA member? They offer excellent discount on Coachnet.
FMCA no longer offers CoachNet. They have a different provider since last January or thereabouts.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #18

Camping World

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtyTravel View Post
Just picking up my 1991 Foretravel in Florida and on the 13th paid in full for the platinum Roadside service along with the membership. Called today 10/22 to ask why they debited my card on 10/16 and I never got a temporary card email. Of course they sent the email right away. Then I had put in a request for service (winterizing) my MH when I got back home in Wisconsin and was told by a Camping World near my home that they would not get me in until January and then said, "by the way, you are over 10 years old so we do not service MH's that old" My question is.... why would you advertise that you have discounts for parts and service, not mention that you have a age limit on the vehicle and when I signed up they asked me about the year/make/ model? I have 30 days to cancel so as soon as I get back I will need to find a new Roadside service. Any suggestions? I do have my RV insurance through progressive but did not add this service because I thought Good Sams had been highly rated... just a newbie so I am learning a lot
I don't use CW for anything anymore unless I'm on the road and need supplies. CW is expensive and lazy when it comes to taking care of customers. I shop Amazon and have been able to get some good deals on RV supplies. As for Good Sam, just use my membership for camping and fuel, good prices w/membership. I too have my RV insurance with Progressive and AAA as an additional roadside service perk....... CW should have given you a heads up on the rules regarding vehicle age and service limits. Bad business practice..... Good luck on cancelling out, you know how stubborn they can be when losing money..... lol
Lincoln203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:04 AM   #19

We are a amazon prime member and my wife loves it. I have nothing bad to say about their sales, can’t blame them if you buy a bad one. If you choose to buy from their store to buy supplies no problem there. It’s their service departments I have a problem with on the other hand if RVs where built better maybe that wouldn’t be a problem either.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #20

[QUOTE=Gone_Feral;4463462]
Quote:
Just picking up my 1991 Foretravel in Florida and on the 13th paid in full for the platinum Roadside service along with the membership. Called today 10/22 to ask why they I have 30 days to cancel so as soon as I get back I will need to find a new Roadside service. Any suggestions?

I also have Progressive. Their roadside service has extreme limitations.
Well I'm in the review/research phase and Have been thinking of becoming a FMCA member.. I will check them out and Coachnet. I know I like the idea of their training too.. thank you for your advice
KtyTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #21

Quote:
I do have my RV insurance through progressive but did not add this service because I thought Good Sams had been highly rated... just a newbie so I am learning a lot

Don't get the Progressive Roadside, it's worthless for motorhomes. When I had a blowout I called and the person on the other end of the phone did not even know what a motorhome was...literally. I had to describe what it was. Then she kept trying to send me to RV Sales businesses vs a Semi-truck type service. After quite a while wasted on the phone with Progressive roadside, I just gave up and found service myself. They might be OK if you lock yourself out or need a few gallons of fuel, but if you need anything more serious, my experience was that they are incompetent to handle it.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I haven't been to CW since he made his comments.

I also try, which I admit is hard sometimes, to buy some other place than Amazon.
I don't know what his comments were, I am sure they weren't good though lol
after all the different type RVs I have had I never been to CW. looked online on different things and they just seem higher than other places.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #23

Not sure if you folks are aware, but Walmart online has a ton of RV accessories as well. I use Amazon as a baseline and then check other sites, including ebay. Amazon is typically the most cost effective about 40% of the time (I do use Prime - saves a ton on the shipping). I'm an old sourcing guy from my past life, so its my nature to try and find the best pricing .
BobinChina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #24

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Just picking up my 1991 Foretravel in Florida and on the 13th paid in full for the platinum Roadside service along with the membership. Then I had put in a request for service (winterizing) my MH when I got back home in Wisconsin
As a fellow Foretravel Owner....DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT let CRAPPY WORLD TOUCH YOUR COACH..EVER !!!!!!

$9,000.00 LESSON LEARNED!!!

PM ME for details..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Just picking up my 1991 Foretravel in Florida and on the 13th paid in full for the platinum Roadside service along with the membership. Called today 10/22 to ask why they debited my card on 10/16 and I never got a temporary card email. Of course they sent the email right away. Then I had put in a request for service (winterizing) my MH when I got back home in Wisconsin and was told by a Camping World near my home that they would not get me in until January and then said, "by the way, you are over 10 years old so we do not service MH's that old" My question is.... why would you advertise that you have discounts for parts and service, not mention that you have a age limit on the vehicle and when I signed up they asked me about the year/make/ model? I have 30 days to cancel so as soon as I get back I will need to find a new Roadside service. Any suggestions? I do have my RV insurance through progressive but did not add this service because I thought Good Sams had been highly rated... just a newbie so I am learning a lot
If you are new to RVing one thing to keep in mind is the wait time to get in anywhere regardless. Concerning to have to wait that long but in the spring and fall RV repair places are often backed up months.

I am not a CW hater. Like cadaver flies they have a place in the ecosystem. I need to save money and if they happen to be part of the process then I will do it there. They don't feel the hurt from anyone not shopping there. Why would I put myself out by not taking advantage of them to save money or get an emergency part.

I think they are expensive and will only shop there if I can get a deal. Example, when I needed to replace my CO detector I was able to pick up one from CW way cheaper than anywhere else by making them match their own website. FWIW they do price match. I got my toilet for the same price as anywhere online and I didn't have to worry about UPS destroying it during shipment...whos got time for that. They had emergency parts I needed in stock. They also had the grommets for the grate on the stove for way cheaper than anywhere online.

As for CW as was mentioned before do not let CW touch anything in your Foretravel. Honestly after seeing their work on rigs in general as I was looking for a used rig from private sellers in several states I wouldn't have them do anything.

FWIW winterizing is a very simple project. It requires no figuring out what is wrong or broken. Its simply maintenance and most rigs are set up to do it easily. Just make a list and check it twice so you don't miss a spot. Ive read a lot of posts where the service center missed something and the damage was a PITA to repair. So there is no guarantee they won't miss something. Some have to go back to the repair center to de winterize for them to cover any damage. I can only imagine them trying to get out of covering the repair.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:12 AM   #26

Thanks great to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
Don't get the Progressive Roadside, it's worthless for motorhomes. When I had a blowout I called and the person on the other end of the phone did not even know what a motorhome was...literally. I had to describe what it was. Then she kept trying to send me to RV Sales businesses vs a Semi-truck type service. After quite a while wasted on the phone with Progressive roadside, I just gave up and found service myself. They might be OK if you lock yourself out or need a few gallons of fuel, but if you need anything more serious, my experience was that they are incompetent to handle it.
I use to work for American Family and when it came to Road side assistance, they used a third party to answer the phone. The strange part of it, was told these third parties are not equipped for towing large trailers let along a large MH. That is the reason when Progressive offered it I turned it down and wanted to go with a business that has been doing this type of towing for awhile. Perhaps Road side assistance through the dreaded CW might not be bad since they definitely use 3rd parties. If I am stuck somewhere, they would not tow me to a CW.... would they?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:25 AM   #27

Thank you.. good thing I got the shaft then .. will never let them touch my MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
If you are new to RVing one thing to keep in mind is the wait time to get in anywhere regardless. Concerning to have to wait that long but in the spring and fall RV repair places are often backed up months.

I am not a CW hater. Like cadaver flies they have a place in the ecosystem. I need to save money and if they happen to be part of the process then I will do it there. They don't feel the hurt from anyone not shopping there. Why would I put myself out by not taking advantage of them to save money or get an emergency part.

I think they are expensive and will only shop there if I can get a deal. Example, when I needed to replace my CO detector I was able to pick up one from CW way cheaper than anywhere else by making them match their own website. FWIW they do price match. I got my toilet for the same price as anywhere online and I didn't have to worry about UPS destroying it during shipment...whos got time for that. They had emergency parts I needed in stock. They also had the grommets for the grate on the stove for way cheaper than anywhere online.

As for CW as was mentioned before do not let CW touch anything in your Foretravel. Honestly after seeing their work on rigs in general as I was looking for a used rig from private sellers in several states I wouldn't have them do anything.

FWIW winterizing is a very simple project. It requires no figuring out what is wrong or broken. Its simply maintenance and most rigs are set up to do it easily. Just make a list and check it twice so you don't miss a spot. Ive read a lot of posts where the service center missed something and the damage was a PITA to repair. So there is no guarantee they won't miss something. Some have to go back to the repair center to de winterize for them to cover any damage. I can only imagine them trying to get out of covering the repair.
Well since I was still here at the purchase place and they had my rig putting on the new part that just came in, I asked them to do the winterizing. They did blow the lines out and I will do the Anti-freeze. What by pass kit(for the water heater) would I use since this 1991 doesn't seem to have one? Or would just emptying the water heater and tanks with the lines blow out be okay? I've watched a lot of youtube videos and all the setups were definitely different. If any of you that own the foretravel in an older model want to become a youtube star and post one I would certainly like to watch how it's done with the Foretravel.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #28

American Coach Owners Club
I price shop. One item I have found CW has cheaper than Amazon is 303 Protectant. CW store is fun to browse as they have many specialty items. But most of their stock is overpriced. I used them once for service. Never again!
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world