Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2016, 09:08 AM   #29

I do it outside on the coleman with a old perk. used to do it without the guts in the perk but DW hates that so put the guts back in. (guts ie the thing that holds the coffee and ) so really I just boil the coffee

Thornhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #30

One "long" shot of espresso every morning from a Nespresso machine. Takes 7 seconds and the only coffee I have for the day.
Start my day like that every single day.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #31

We roast our own coffee beans and then prepare them with either a Chemex drip brewer or Breville espresso machine. We learned to make drip while motorhoming with no hookups. Discovered we like it better than other ways excepting homemade Latte. We take most all the gear if we are going for more than a week. Otherwise we roast coffee in advance and go with the Chemex only. We are going for a couple of months this winter and the discussion is under way if there is room to take the espresso machine with us.

We just started roasting coffee this winter and there is no going back. It is really fun to try coffee from different countries around the world. Then there is the whole world of roast levels. It takes coffee enjoyment to a whole new level. You can start roasting with a Whirly Pop corn popper and see what you think.

I wonder if the percolator users have ever considered a Moka Pot?

avid
2015 Bay Star 3103, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #32
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
To the OP… If I were to be out with my son & grandson someday we would do as you do. Nothing like side boiled coffee with an egg in it on a crisp fall morning waiting for the flames to come down some so you can cook on cast iron. Never had any fancy hanging things.

But I travel to see things now days and spend the kid’s inheritance for the most part. So I do the KISS thing now with instant coffee and morning stuff cooked on the LP stove.

Memories remind me of cooking a steak literally on the coals of an oak fire. I like good food and that was great food.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRR View Post
To the OP… If I were to be out with my son & grandson someday we would do as you do. Nothing like side boiled coffee with an egg in it on a crisp fall morning waiting for the flames to come down some so you can cook on cast iron. Never had any fancy hanging things.

But I travel to see things now days and spend the kid’s inheritance for the most part. So I do the KISS thing now with instant coffee and morning stuff cooked on the LP stove.

Memories remind me of cooking a steak literally on the coals of an oak fire. I like good food and that was great food.

The smell of the fire and coffee bring back some great memories. Not to say the new ways are not good. Just not my preference.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:16 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Each evening before going to bed we (actually my DW) fills our cheap $29 Mr Coffee drip machine with 10 cups of water and puts a scoop of whole beans in a small hand held coffee grinder. Then, in the morning when I get up, I turn on our inverter, grind the coffee and dump it in the drip coffee maker. A quick press of the "brew" button and I can sit back and smell the wonderful aroma of the fresh ground beans.

After owning and operated a specialty coffee shop and cybercafe for several years I enjoy the opportunity to try a variety of different coffees blend so we switch it up with each bag of whole beans. Good coffee does not have to be expensive or complicated but it does have to be available as quickly as possible each morning.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 AM   #35

I saw this one on Facebook today.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWJK55 View Post
I saw this one on Facebook today.
We actually saw that in a CG in the Florida Keys. Couldn't decide if it was cool or creepy.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
But, does it make coffee in the morning?

Glenn
Old 07-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #38

I drive to starbucks every morning
Old 07-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #39

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13239324_1016749408374127_7342703651939566295_n.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	131853  
Old 07-03-2016, 06:59 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
But, does it make coffee in the morning?

Glenn
Was kind of off topic. Not sure I want any coffee from it if it does make it.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #41

Just love the smell of coffee in the morning. I set up my coleman on the picnic table and brew away. Same with the hickory bacon. Outside is a must. Loving it. And with bad weather conditions its Mr Keurig, no more drip from mr coffee anymore. You've been replaced Mr Coffee.

I still get up early in the mornings while camping and take a short walk and just enjoy the smell as the coffee aroma flows thru the area. For me it really brings back lovely childhood memories.

Funny how they said coffee was bad for you but now its reported good for you. I give up.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:05 PM   #42

Over the years, I have been blessed to travel to a few places that the coffee would STUNN me with its flavor. Italy, Australia, and Panama, to name a few. It was like the coffee tasted exactly how it smelled.

One thing they all had in common is the coffee drinks always started as Espresso. It might be straight espresso, or coffee Americano, or even a milk drink like cappuccino.

These days, whether in my tear drop or the TT, the coffee bar will travel!
I've really enjoyed treating folks that happened by and wanted the pleasure. It's ALL about the bean and the grind.