Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do both Drip and I bought a corning Percolator @ a flea Market for on top of the stove or the Coleman outside. Really like the perc better.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
So I get the fresh beans and grind, but what about the brew? We bought a Technivorm Moccamaster expecting perfection but really can't tell a difference when using the same beans and grind. We have also done the french press and "hobo coffee" while camping but still not much difference except for the mud. Is there perfection in coffee brewing? If so, what is the best method?

H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #45

In the Dutch Star I brought along my Delonghi espresso machine.

Now that we downsized to a class B, I got a Bialetti stove top mocha maker and a hand cranked burr grinder. I actually like the coffee from this better than the automatic machine.

DW doesn't drink coffee, I drink 2 cups (ok, sometimes 3) so we don't need to make a lot.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:56 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Have not tried the stove top mocha maker but I do handgrind with my Hario each morning while camping.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Over the years, I have been blessed to travel to a few places that the coffee would STUNN me with its flavor. Italy, Australia, and Panama, to name a few. It was like the coffee tasted exactly how it smelled.

One thing they all had in common is the coffee drinks always started as Espresso. It might be straight espresso, or coffee Americano, or even a milk drink like cappuccino.

These days, whether in my tear drop or the TT, the coffee bar will travel!
I've really enjoyed treating folks that happened by and wanted the pleasure. It's ALL about the bean and the grind.

you have that correct. Its all about the bean and grind. Goodbye Folgers.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a $19 Mr. Coffee from Walmart, works just fine. For those times I can't use the generator to brew, I have a Melitta drip cone and an ancient aluminum percolater. We buy coffee from Trader Joe's.
I don't get the whole Keurig thing, seems expensive, not really any faster than drip and the little cups are murder on the environment. Those plastic cups will be around for a long time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
I don't get the whole Keurig thing, seems expensive, not really any faster than drip and the little cups are murder on the environment. Those plastic cups will be around for a long time.
I agree. We spent last Christmas with our nephew and his GF. Seems like in the morning we spent a lot of time waiting to be next in line for a cup from their Keurig. Ended up with the trash half full of little plastic cups.

At the sticks & bricks house we have a Bunn coffee maker. It pumps out a pot full about as fast as one cup from a Keurig. It's a little too tall to take in the MH so we have a cheap B&D in there. Makes good coffee but compared to the Bunn it is painful waiting for it.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #50

Nothing better than a fresh brewed coffee from an old percolater. Brewed over a wood fire. And yes a cast iron skillet makes the best flapjacks that way as well.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #51

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyone View Post
Nothing better than a fresh brewed coffee from an old percolater. Brewed over a wood fire. And yes a cast iron skillet makes the best flapjacks that way as well.