Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #15

We had a problem with our Mortgage company which is Citi. My husband paid the payment early and the company had this thing that if you pay more than 5 days early, the amount paid goes on the principal, not the payment. So they called us saying we had not made a payment for the month. We got all upset, said we paid on the lst. They finally told us since the payment was due on the 8th, it went to principal. So we owed a payment plus late fee. Oh No No. We fought that one. Now we don't pay early. The problem is, being retired it is hard to keep up with what day is which. So now, we may end up paying late. Real Stupid.

jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll see what the bank has to say tomorrow. I"m beginning to think that maybe the best thing to do is have the bank call them for the payoff and end this thing. As I first said, with what the balance is and the little money they are making from the interest still due they may feel I'm just a PITA to them. Well if that's the case why don't they just buck up and say that and ask I pay the loan off. See what happens tomorrow.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal
I'll see what the bank has to say tomorrow. I beginning to think that maybe the best thing to do is have the bank call them for the payoff and end this thing. As I first said, with what the balance is and the little money they are making from the interest still due they may feel I'm just a PITA to them. Well if that's the case why don't they just buck up and say that and ask I pay the loan off. See what happens tomorrow.
Put the ball in their court and enroll in automatic payment and be done with it. I can assure you they are not thinking about you as much as you are thinking of them - or giving them credit for. "They are talking about baseball at the water cooler, planning to go to lunch, out to lunch, making popcorn in the break room, planning their afternoon break, and thinking of a reason to go home early."
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #18

add some...

For fun add about $0.05 more than what is required.

It will go to principal, but may cause attention to be paid due to the amount not matching.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Put the ball in their court and enroll in automatic payment and be done with it. I can assure you they are not thinking about you as much as you are thinking of them - or giving them credit for. "They are talking about baseball at the water cooler, planning to go to lunch, out to lunch, making popcorn in the break room, planning their afternoon break, and thinking of a reason to go home early."
That is exactly what we did. First, they took money out of wrong account. Fortunately there was enough money in that account or we would have been late. Second, They won't accept the payment a few days early. Third, they applied money we sent marked principle, labeled it extra payment and said they wouldn't take any payments out of account until that was used up. DW was on phone for hours trying to find someone at the bank that had an I.Q. over 20 to straighten things out. Finally two weeks later and about 10 phone calls a day it got straightened out. I do appreciate your frustration. They hire some incredibly stupid people. Bottom line when we send in a principle payment we have to send it to a totally different address in another part of the state. Unbelievable. I am just assuming the people at the other location don't have the ability to read the word "principle payment" in a note and on a check.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
That is exactly what we did. First, they took money out of wrong account. Fortunately there was enough money in that account or we would have been late. Second, They won't accept the payment a few days early. Third, they applied money we sent marked principle, labeled it extra payment and said they wouldn't take any payments out of account until that was used up. DW was on phone for hours trying to find someone at the bank that had an I.Q. over 20 to straighten things out. Finally two weeks later and about 10 phone calls a day it got straightened out. I do appreciate your frustration. They hire some incredibly stupid people. Bottom line when we send in a principle payment we have to send it to a totally different address in another part of the state. Unbelievable. I am just assuming the people at the other location don't have the ability to read the word "principle payment" in a note and on a check.
I work at a bank and have been doing so for over 30 years and take major offense at that remark... most of us in the banking industry are college graduates, which doesn't mean a whole lot these days, but we try to be as professional and courteous as possible... even when customers get mean...

Could it be that the account you normally have the ACH payment come out of didn't have enough in it, so they pulled your payment from a linked account or a LOC that did have sufficient funds to cover the payment?

You said they won't accept the payment early? If this is a scheduled payment, and you web bank paid it, it comes out of your account the date it is due... if there is enough in there. If not they pull it from another account or try again.

And 10 calls a day for 2 weeks? Took your DW 120+/- calls to get an extra principle payment straightened out? Not likely...

Is this a real (brick and morter) bank you are dealing with... that you can actually drive to? If so, go there and speak with one of the representatives before you decide how to do something on your own the way you think it should be done. If you tell them what you want to do in advance, they will help you with how to do it, so that you are not making 120 calls to the wrong place and have payments misapplied...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Round two went to StevieG, 10 - 8. Great counterpunching....Almost like Mike Tyson.

Kerry

Sal: What's happening ??
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #22

Yes that is correct. My wife doesn't give them any slack. I didn't mention the name of bank. But it was the same bank we had to dump because of constant problems handlng our ranching account. The other 3 banks don't seem to have that problem. I would never have gone back to the bank except dealer said he couldn't take an out of state personal check & I could get a 4.25% loan from that bank. We took the loan & filled out loan papers on phone. ( we were 300 miles away at the time we started the purchase)This bank codes savings account numbers the same as checking account numbers. We just happened to still have a very small account open with them. The bank gives good loans they just don't have a clue what is going on. My wife is much more patient then I am with banks. Banks do make mistakes. I don't deal with them too well. I report them & ask for full audits.

I am sorry if I offended you being a bank employee. Your bank may not have these problems. 3 other banks we deal with don't seem to have these problems. There are some great banks out there. Unfortunately not the one handling our loan. However, that said my wife has the supervisor's name & number so things are looking up. She can call supervisor direct when there is a problem.
JMHO.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just an update. I went to my personal bank yesterday and gave them the new P.O. Box number for mailing. They found it interesting that my mortgage company didn't notify me of the change. At this point I just shrugged my shoulders and said I guess all we can do is see what happens when they get the next payment sent there from the bank. I'm just going to sit back and keep an eye on things and see how it goes. As long as I'm going to do that I'll make myself a bag of and try and relax. It will be about 24 days before the next payment goes out.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #24

Glad to see its going your way wait till your mortage co goes into bankruptcy and a large bank takes over last payment was paid but it in bankruptcy new bank said not paid I faxed the received check guess what it goes to the India branch which can barely speak english
Old 04-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #25

We solved that, and all similar problems 8 years ago - EVERYTHING we have is PAID FOR - so only issue is insurance and utilities...

We sleep VERY well...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
guess what it goes to the India branch which can barely speak english
That's when the real problems begin... When a large bank (or any company for that matter) moves their call center offshore... Usually to India... They have no idea how to solve a problem... Let alone speak English... Just saying...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
There's only one person you can count on, and that is you. Stick with this rather ugly situation to the end. The end is when the mortgage company sends you notice that everything is okay and late fees were deleted.

Who said retirement was easy ?

Kerry
The END is when you have a mortgage burning party. I'm lucky - that was 35 tears ago.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #28

We are still fighting with the bank on a monthly basis. We have auto pay from our savings account. 3 months now & they still can't get it right. DW has been calling them every month. You forgot to take the payment out again. They say "golly gee, wonder how that happened, we can do it manually but may take 2 days". My DW then goes over all the paper work with them to make sure everything is set up properly. Yep, all ok. I finally think I know what is confusing these idiots. DW has been sending in large principle payments. Marked principle. At least those get credited properly. Apparently their antiquated computer system can't handle people paying off loans quicker.