Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 07:36 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Motorhome Magazine's 2015 Readers' Choice Awards: Motorhomes

It seems like I just received the December issue of Motorhome magazine in the mail when, in the mailbox yesterday, the January issue arrived.

I was thumbing through it when I went to bed last night when an article caught my attention. It was the Motorhome 2015 Readers' Choice Awards.

There are many categories in the Readers' Choice Awards but the first category was what interested, and pleased, me.

In the category of motorhomes, it is divided three ways: Class A Motorhomes, Class B Motorhomes and Class C Motorhomes. The awards are like the Olympics, there's Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. In some categories, there are some ties.

For Class A Motorhomes, Tiffin Motorhomes won the Gold, Winnebago Industries won the Silver and Newmar Corp. won the Bronze.

For Class B Motorhomes, Winnebago Industries won the Gold, Pleasure-Way Industries won the Silver and Leisure Travel Vans/Triple E Recreational Vehicles won the Bronze.

For Class C Motorhomes, the one that pleases me the most since I bought a Class C this year, Winnebago Industries won the Gold (with a special emphasis on their Minnie Winnie line of motorhomes, which is what I bought), Jayco Inc. won the Silver and Forest River won the Bronze.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2015, 09:39 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our first rv was a winnie class c single only problem we had with it,too small for us,our fault,we should have bought our last rv first,If we had bought a bigger c , like yours,we would still have it,and some extra cash in our pocket!!
WE had 0 problems with it in the year we owned it,11 trips.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
It seems like I just received the December issue of Motorhome magazine in the mail when, in the mailbox yesterday, the January issue arrived.

I was thumbing through it when I went to bed last night when an article caught my attention. It was the Motorhome 2015 Readers' Choice Awards.

There are many categories in the Readers' Choice Awards but the first category was what interested, and pleased, me.

In the category of motorhomes, it is divided three ways: Class A Motorhomes, Class B Motorhomes and Class C Motorhomes. The awards are like the Olympics, there's Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. In some categories, there are some ties.

For Class A Motorhomes, Tiffin Motorhomes won the Gold, Winnebago Industries won the Silver and Newmar Corp. won the Bronze.
Interesting that only the mass producers won, none of the high end custom makers. Do they get considered in the evaluation? Hard to believe that the sub-quarter million group is better than the million plus group, although I've never had the pleasure of trying out one of those Ritz Carlton MHs.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:06 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Interesting that only the mass producers won, none of the high end custom makers. Do they get considered in the evaluation? Hard to believe that the sub-quarter million group is better than the million plus group, although I've never had the pleasure of trying out one of those Ritz Carlton MHs.
No idea. According to Motorhome, it is done by a poll of their readers.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
MY guess is that Foretravel, Newell, and those levels of companys puts out their own travel magazine or something similar that caters to their buyers. Since those units probably have all the accessories as standard that we see in Motorhome magazine, it would be redundant to them. We average about 10K per year on our m/h and this year we did 11K in 99 days and we rarely see the high end motorhomes on the road. Do they just buy them and park them in one of those ultra luxury parks?

We had the occasion to visit the Motorcoach RV Resort in Indo for one night and I never saw so many Newells and Fortravels in one place. The Newell dealer even had some models set up on a few sites. That was about the last time I really saw any. Our Journey looked like a covered wagon among all those.

Guess I'm resigned to read Motorhome from here on out......
Old 12-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Probably not many "high end" purchasers compared to the mass produced. You know everyone will vote for whatever they bought if they reply to the poll. We out vote them.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #7

Nothing more than a popularity contest. IMHO, a waste of time and paper.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
The name, Readers' Choice Awards, pretty much indicates how the outcome was derived. Seems like a reasonable thing for such a magazine to do.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
The name, Readers' Choice Awards, pretty much indicates how the outcome was derived. Seems like a reasonable thing for such a magazine to do.

Yes, even the article with the results concedes that the results are "subjective".
Old 12-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #10

It seems that many "Best of" awards go to the company that has spent the most in advertising with that particular publication. When awards are subjective they don't really seem to mean much.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Awards, anybody's or company's, are just opinions. As with any opinions, I take 'em with a grain of salt.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Unfortunately polls of this nature have nothing to do with quality, reliability and vendor integrity. All they reflect is popularity with each reader posting the rig they invested in as the best.

There is an old saying that "Perception is reality in the eye of the beholder." Each person buys what they think is the best motorhome for them, therefore come vote time, they vote/feel it is the best there is.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I wonder on this kind of poll who does the voting,Is it really people in the know.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
I wonder on this kind of poll who does the voting,Is it really people in the know.
Yes, Like they list the Honda as favorite tow vehicle.. Hasn't been able to be flat towed in a number or years.. Thats helpful..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes