Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Seajay,
You are in trouble now!

I'm sure we will not be quiet about your "other" escapades!!!
Never mind keeping quiet about his "other" escapades......he talks in his sleep. Besides, dollars to donuts that he can't honestly say that he has ever had any more fun than with me.......

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Update on My Boat....

Just one more word to let everyone know that the ''drowning gremlin'' that was in my boat seems to be gone for now. My Willa and I are enjoying a lot of fishing in Sabastian Inlet and the Blues are running good. About half of them are ''keepers'' and we have met a Canadian Gentleman that knows how to ''smoke them''. (I wonder which end he lights and which end you ''suck on''?) He says they are great ''smoked'' and so we took him a five gallon bucket about half full of Blues to smoke. We always throw Blues back because they are kinda strong tasting but he said after we tasted one of his smoked blues we would never toss another one back. When we go fishin' we have a few Dolphins that like to come up to the boat. They will get close enough to actually reach out and touch. They are about 8 feet long and they ''eye ball'' us up close. I think they eat the small Blues we toss back because we sometimes see them actually playing with the Blue by tossing it into the air like a cat does a mouse. I guess they are easier to catch because they are worn out from the fight.

Another note. I am gonna set up a recorder because My Willa says I talk in my sleep and I need to kinda know what to deny if necessary. (My Willa is a lottttttttttt of fun ...... hehehehehe... more fun than this old sailor deserves for sure. She is my lady and my wife, she is my love and my life and I would be nothing without My Willa...... Gettin mushie)....

Nuff said for now.

Lets all thank a vet for our freedom that they earned for us while we slept.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #31

SeaJay,

I had a breifing today with a 2 Star, a 3 Star, and an Asst. Secretary of the Navy. So no Levi's for work today. You just don't wear Levis to a meeting with the Admial. Slacks, Tie and a Sport coat. 2 Star is an RV'er. I have known him a few yrs since he was a bird. I told him about this thread after our meeting broke up. Everyone in the confrence room were looking at us as he lost it with laugher. He is not a member here but said he would look into it now. So you may get crap from a Flag Rank Officer. Sorry Shipmate. LMAO
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairIIAT View Post
SeaJay,

I had a breifing today with a 2 Star, a 3 Star, and an Asst. Secretary of the Navy. So no Levi's for work today. You just don't wear Levis to a meeting with the Admial. Slacks, Tie and a Sport coat. 2 Star is an RV'er. I have known him a few yrs since he was a bird. I told him about this thread after our meeting broke up. Everyone in the confrence room were looking at us as he lost it with laugher. He is not a member here but said he would look into it now. So you may get crap from a Flag Rank Officer. Sorry Shipmate. LMAO
No problem here my brother, I say everyone is welcome here on IRV2 and I am sure we will all forgive him for ''wearing the stars'' on his shoulders and the ''Scrambled eggs'' on his hat. Not everyone in Our Navy can be an enlisted man and enjoy the freedoms and fun us E.M.'s had in the ports of the world, with the ''ladies of the evening''.
I personally look forward to having him on board and sharing his experiences in camping and his experiences in the defense of our great country. Be sure and tell us his ''code name'' and when I post something I will have a fresh hair cut, shined shoe, a clean white hat and maybe pressed dungarees , maybe, I think we should assign Wayne the Marine as his ''body guard'', ''bell hop''..... (just teasin Wayne)...''go boy''........lol.....
And besides. While I was in the Navy, I had a three star, Commander Second Fleet on the Norton that knew me by my name and pretty much hated my guts for waking him three times in one night. We had coffee together in his cabin while he mumbled over the top secret stuff I brought him one night. I posted it under ..''COFFEE WITH THE ADMIRAL''.....

One more thing.... Whether he joins us or not, the next time you see them you tell them that Seajay the sailor man says THANKS FOR THEIR SERVICE TO MY GREAT NATION .....and we all ''swim or sink'' together regardless of rank shipmate......

Tks for the heads up on this and keep us informed please.

God bless our great nation and all who serve her and keep her safe...
Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #33
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh boy!

Some one of equivalent rank to talk to.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Oh boy!

Some one of equivalent rank to talk to.
Lets face it Marine.... Your conversation (and mine also) would be .... ''YES ADMIRAL SIR''......''Of course Admiral sir''........ ''What ever you say Admiral Sir''...........

If we do get a ''Star'' on here we will have to keep the enlisted chat simple because he may not understand ''Enlisted Man'' chatter without an interpreter .....
I personally will show respect for his rank but he will just be one of the guys to me. As I hope everyone knows, I have great respect for our people that serve this nation with their time and effort. I even like Marines that serve but dont tell them I said that.......

God bless all who serve and have served this nation.....
Old 01-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #35
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seajay,
You have to admit that the enlisted man has the advantage. We always get the last words in.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Right on Marine and everyone know that the Enlisted men (and women now) are the backbone of the services but we do need the officers to blame most of the errors on because they make all the final decisions. (no matter how silly they are)

God bless our service people regardless of rank, stripe or color.... God bless them all for their service

one thought.... MAYBE IF WE GET A ''STAR'' IN OUR GROUP OF SERVICE PEOPLE THE ADMINS WILL GIVE US OUR OWN ''VETS CORNER'' maybe, perhaps, if we promise to be ''nice nice'' and let ''civies'' in also.

Nuff said for now .....
Old 01-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy Seajay,
Since I can breathe again(after chuckling , laffin', & cryin') I'm wonderin', what the people in North Carolina are doing for entertainment, since you're gone.. I CAIN'T ACTUALLY BULEVE YOU SAID THAT ABOUT MSGT. WAYNE
hez a 'jarhead-seagoin' bellhop'!!! I WILL TELL ALL VETERANS(even MSGT Wayne) HOW THANKFUL I AM FOR THEIR SERVICE! And I hope we old hands
don't have to try to put the combat gear back on and clean up what these
young whippersnappers have caused..(Mine will need a LOT of lettin' out).
BRING THE KIDS HOME!!!!! PRAY FOR'EM WHILE THEY ARE THERE, PLEASE...
Why do we need a 'scambled egg' on board?? He will try to 'shape us up)
and you know how thatz agonna sit with the non-coms and 2 stripers!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #38
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Butterbean,
I'll have you know that I still have the body of a God.

Budda!

p.s., My son, the Colonel, one day when I stood up in the back yard I did a little huff, and he said, "Dad, you're out of shape!"

I had to remind him that round is a shape.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy Seajay,

I just had Joyce read all of this mess and we laffed ourselves silly again..
She sed to tell y'all about my 'Hiwaiian war canoe' that I remodeled myself..
I took an old 17' Alumacraft double-ended canoe and put outriggers on it , out of 6" PVC pipe 6' long, bolted on a homemade swivel seat off a power scooter, she put a trolling motor & battry on it.. You can stand up and cast
it is so stable... But as with any double-ended canoe the wind is still TROUBLE! Sometimes I have to put out sea anchors to hold her steady(the
boat, not Joyce)!!!! We balance the boat out, me (250#) in the bow on the 'fightin' chair and Joyce, (115#) running the engine room and poop deck (combo) in the stern...
Old 01-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #40

Butterbean beleive it or not I can still fit in my Cracker Jacks. And they are 30 yrs old. It just takes longer to do those 13 buttons.

Seajay he did give me crap over my white beard which I dont normally have. Over the holidays I pinched a nerve in my arm that left my right hand almost paralized. So I quit shaving. So I told him if he was allowed to grow one it would be just as white. We are about the same age. We have camped together at Ballarat. That is just outside Death Valley where they caught Charlie in 69. And he is accustomed to seeing me in old levis full of holes. That is my normal camping pants. He has said I can wear my Sunday go to meeting Levis to his meetings. I just won't do it. One Monday meeting after a 4 day weekend camping with him. I showed up in my 3 piece Blue Pin Stripe suit. When I walked in he about fell over laughing. He is about as laid back as they come for a Flag Officer. The 1st time I met him I had a Picture of a 57 ft Chris Craft Connie Motor Yacht in my cubicle. On it it said Please Santa I've been a good boy this year. When he saw it he asked what are you going to do with that in the Desert. I told him put it in Marina Del Rey or Lake Mead and retire.
The second time he was in my office he took notice of my retirement shadow box. He was looking at my medals and commands I was in. Then he noticed the Khaki piss cutter with gold Oak Leaf Cluster. And ask what the heck (heck wasn't the word he used) is this. He knew I was a retired E-6. I had to explain you had to be Patrol Navy to understand.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #41

Yes Wayne round is a shape.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Corsair. You tell your ''star'' friend to come on and join our merry little band of vets and we will not hold it against him that he is over qualified to be an Enlisted Man and that we will ''look out for him'' and not send him on a ''mail buoy watch'' or send him after a ''bucket of steam'' or send him down to see the ''golden rivet'' or ask to print out a ''half a bag of R,Y,'s'' or find a ''square paper stretcher'' or any of those other ''thingies'' we got on the new guys and we will forgive him for his hi rank and me and you and Wayne the Marine and Paul the Soldier man and Bob the sub sailor and everybody else will see that he is not picked on or made fun of and we will give him a ''cut in line'' at the chow hall just like Regular Navy.... Of course he will have to get a ''High and tight'' hair cut and spit shine his shoes and be Sailor Ready for a FIST FIGHT, A LOVE SESSION (i cleaned that up), OR A CAPTAINS INSPECTION at five minutes notice. (RULES IS RULES AND WE ALL MUST LIVE BY THEM REGARDLESS....)

To Wayne the Marine. Yep, ROUND is a shape but I am still losing weight. Down to 217 at last count. No way I would fit in my ''dress canvas though''.. I confess I smelled of a dough nut two days ago. When me and Willa got married she looked at me and said that I looked like a ''Greek God''...... Later on she looked at me and said I looked like a ''G.D. GEEK''......

Note to butterbean. You be safe in that battle wagon my friend and be ''paddle ready'' if you run out of ''juice''.

note to Coasair again.. You take care of the ''busted wing'' flyboy. If you come up lame, we may have to just shoot you. Nothing personal but RULES IS RULES...... Be safe my bro.

God bless those who serve this nation in every service and capacity.

Nuff said for now............