Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #15

Jayco Owners Club
Turmeric

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest102 View Post
Went to mayo clinic site and read up on this seems like a good place to start. In my younger days I worked with air impact wrench so that might be some of it. I will leave my brace on 24/7 for a few days and see it that helps as well. I have been taking it off at night to let the skin breathe. Your DW gets extra points for her input. This is exactly why I posted here get REAL life answers.
i quit taking statins. that helped a lot.
i take glucosamine- chondroitin- msm tablets.
i use a lot of absorbine jr. on my right hand before going to bed. i put it on with my hand dry, pores closed. otherwise, it burns.
animal feed stores have absorbine for horses in a quart bottle for about the same price as a small bottle from the drug store. i like the applicator in the small drugstore bottle.

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L

i quit taking statins. that helped a lot.
i take glucosamine- chondroitin- msm tablets.
i use a lot of absorbine jr. on my right hand before going to bed. i put it on with my hand dry, pores closed. otherwise, it burns.
animal feed stores have absorbine for horses in a quart bottle for about the same price as a small bottle from the drug store. i like the applicator in the small drugstore bottle.
Statins are used to control cholesterol and lower LDL levels. They have been known to raise CPK levels and cause muscle pain. The usual answer is to try a new statin. However , stopping statins could be dangerous to heart health. I'm not a doctor but I slept in a Holiday Inn Express recently. :-)
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
KIX

Arthur lives here too. Mine is probably not as severe. I tried Glucosamine Chondroitin tablets without success. Someone told me about Nature's Plus liquid GlucoamineoChondroitin with MSM and I take a capfull daily and it seems to work for me. It takes several weeks to start feeling a difference.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I recently stopped taking glucosamine chondroitin after many years and haven't noticed any difference ( a small fortune wasted. ). I have increased the Vodka. Just sayin
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
From 1984 through 2007 I took up to 800 mg of Ibuprofen daily, then one day my doctor says, "At your age you should not be taking Ibuprofen. It has been known to cause heart problems in older people." Duh! Cold turkey! Tried Acetaminophen, but it has its problems also. Tramadol was prescribed, but I didn't like how I felt so stopped it. So now I take nothing for the arthritis, however I have to admit on a real bad day I'll take 600 mg Ibuprofen. Does it work? Don't know, but my heart is still beating.

I have tried the MSM with Gluk and Chron - stopped that after 20 years - no difference. Tried all the versions, Membersmark, Bio-Flex, etc., no difference. Had a copper bracelet from 1972 throu 2009. The doctors used to ask when the noticed it, "Does that help?" and I repllied, "I don't know, but it doesn't hurt either." That used to get a chuckle out of the more senior rheumatologists.(sp). The interns just looked conused. I figure one day they would get it.

You name it, I've probably tried it. Not a heck of a lot you can do to get rid of Arthur. He's like a SIL or DIL that just keeps hanging around.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #21

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ask your doctor about Nabumetone, which is a generic version of Relafen. It has really helped with my arthritis.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Arthur is a companion of mine as well, but he certainly is no friend. I use glucosamine with chondroitin. I quit using it for a few months thinking it was not helping and noticed after awhile my pain was worse. I started using it again and now after a month or so I feel some relief again. It is not the answer but it does help, for me anyway. I was using Ibuprophen as well and it caused a problem so now use just Acetominophin. Moving from a cold dry climate to a wet climate sure has not helped my situation, but was necessary for the DW's copd. Ah the golden years!!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest102 View Post
I need to get some sage advice from folks who have been dealing with arthritis. I have just in the past couple of months been given it in my right thumb(RT handed). Dr has me where a thumb spike brace to help ease the pain. I have even tried wearing a glove to bed to keep it warm. I also use Vicodin for pain but there are days I can't even touch my mouse without screaming pain. Really SUCKS trying to do just about anything. Wandering if anyone has ideas besides what I have been doing?
wait until you have 4 vertebrae held together with 8 screws, 4 rods, and 3 cages that cause arthritis in your back, along with hips, knees, ankles, shoulders and elbows... so that you live on 4 doses of 10mg oxy, 2000mg tylenol, 1200mg etodolac, 75mg nortriptylin, along with 6 more to counter act those side effects, help you sleep, and try to keep you calm....
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Dr. Dirk has always prescribed a shot of Old Granddad at bed time anything and everything.

Seriously, IMHO, everyone responds to each medication differently, and many of us have to try many different drugs to find one or more that works best.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #25

http://www.mendmeshop.com/index.php

Arthur has eatin away the miniscus in my knees, my doctor says I have to lose weight before I can get them replaced, kind of hard to do when it is too painful to walk.

I finally did a search online to see if there was a way to get some temporary relief so that I could exercise more. I found MendMyKnee.com. I purchased their Freezee and Inferno wraps and the ultra-sound unit with their gel. I can now walk without so much pain and some days pain free.

MendMeShop.com | home

Is their parent company nd they have a lot of products to help fight off Arthur, they also have a very friendly staff to help if you need help finding the right products for your problem.

Good Luck

Rusty
RustNnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned the raisins soaked in either gin or run... don't remember which is used, I think gin.... had an aunt and uncle who used to do that... she finally gave in to joint replacements though.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned the raisins soaked in either gin or run...
Raisins soaked in Gin will give you the run(s)..
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #28

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokyjoe
I stuck my thumb in a very strong magnetic field. Hasn't hurt since.

36' Diesel
Smokyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote