RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2020, 08:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My photos have been viewed On google maps over 50,000 times

People need to get a life!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #2

Are you saying people shouldn't waist their time looking at photos or posting them?

Old 01-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Huh
Old 01-14-2020, 09:21 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBer View Post
Are you saying people shouldn't waist their time looking at photos or posting them?
I donít know but they arenít that good. Just surprised I guess Itís a big number. Normally I bore some unsuspecting friend or family member for a few minutes, before they realize they have to be somewhere. I mean, really, 50 thousand times? Ridiculous! One of them is a parking lot in an industrial area I snapped while waiting for a Uber at Gatwick. And its in the top 5. I just donít get it. I never look at peopleís pics on google maps. Do you?

Heh - in answer to your question, both I guess. So...guilty as charged. I sure as heck walked into that one
Old 01-15-2020, 08:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I actually do look at pictures on google maps when I'm prepping for a trip. Usually looking for points of interest etc. Did this a lot when I was in Spain for extended trips and would do day trips on the weekend. Never really know what you'll see.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:14 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Someone please tell me how to see pics on google maps, I just gotta see that picture of the parking lot at Gatwick!!!

Glenn
Old 01-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I was actually referring to Google Earth Pro. When you are looking at a google earth you may see a small icon, as you zoom in look like a camera. Put your cursor over it and it will tell you what it is. Click on it and it will show you a picture.

You can also try and use "Street view", in the top right had corner when you move your cursor there it will fade in a compass, below it there is an outline of a person. Drag the person to the street you want to see, Google will then transition to street view, you can use the compass arrows to get a 360 view. This only works if Google as actually done a real time video of the route. I live on a remote road in TN, they actually did survey the road back ~5 years ago, not sure how often they do surveys. I saw the Google Maps drive by the old house we lived at while I was standing in the driveway and I could actually see myself when I did street view. You can also go down the road as if you are driving and look for landmarks. I use this all the time when I'm looking at the name?phone of a business I'm interested in. Hit ESC to back out of street view.

If you are talking about Gatwick Airport in UK they do not have street view but if you zoom in on google maps you can get a very good idea of the layout of the airport.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:02 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm approaching 1.2 million views. On pics I didn't think were important. Was just something to do.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:49 AM   #9

I know the feeling, I just checked and I now have almost 850,000 views on a photo I took of the interior of a local mexican restaurant in 2017 as part of a short google review. Of course this photo comes up whenever anyone google this particular place now.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:10 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You guys must be more diligent about posting pics there than I am, and if your post count here is any indicator......
Old 01-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #11

Not really, I have perhaps 20 -30 photos I have posted as part of google reviews in the last 3-4 years. Some have a dozen, view, some have a few hundred, and 3 of them have over 50,000 views, strangely enough all of those 3 are interior photos of local area restaurants within 3 miles of my house with 53,000, 213,00 and 848,000
Old 01-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Too bad you donít get a nickel for every view....

Tags
photos