Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Name that Phobia

I really hope a lot of folks will be at the National Rally this year because it is mine and Willa's first National Rally and we would love to meet our IRV2 family.

In celebration of coming to our first National Rally I have decided to sponsor a really fun and new game called
''NAME THAT PHOBIA''
For first prize I have decided to give away a brand new 2011 Mustang GT, Shelby, convertible with all the bells and whistles. The car will come complete with assembly instructions in English, Spanish, Farcie, Sandscript, Egyptian hieroglyphics and Red Neck. It will also include a complete set of brushes and a ''paint kit'' with seven colors in it and a large tube of ''model airplane glue'' (no sniffing)
Yes folks, no expense will be spared for the winner of this game but I would like to remind everyone that has never played ''NAME THAT PHOBIA'' that you will need certain supplies when you register for the number to apply for a seat in the big game circle around the roaring camp fire with the marsh mellows on a stick, for toasting.
I would like to remind everyone that this ''game'' is not sponsored by IRV2 and is in no way affiliated with the National Rally in any way. It will be played at my campsight on the designated nite that will be posted on the wall of the toilet before the game. My campsight will be easy to find as it will be the one over the septic tank, next to the three dumpsters that are overflowing, adjacent to the overflowing septic field with the basket ball court on the left and the ''kiddie pool'' on the right with seven hundred screaming kids splashing water on each other. (I will also put up arrows, without indians, pointing in the wrong direction to make it challenging)
ANYHOW....... Here are the supplies you will need to play BASIC, ''NAME THAT PHOBIA''.....
  1. a legal pad with a large box of Crayola crayons
  2. at least three felt tip magic markers , Red Green and striped
  3. a whistle for signaling when you get ''Ognib''
  4. a chair with at least 3 legs on it.
  5. Three Red M&M's
  6. a sour pickle in a plastic pack. (unopened please)
  7. a large cup with a hole in the bottom.
  8. A ping pong paddle with your name on it. (for signaling).
  9. Two horse shoes (without the horse attached).
  10. About ten feet of log chain with hooks attached.
  11. A snow cone. (strawberry is the best).
  12. About 100 feet of good strong rope.
  13. A satellite dish.
  14. Several Slim Jims.
  15. The spare tire from your coach or a bad check for $100oo.
  16. A five gallon bucket with no handle.
  17. Your birth certificate for identification.
  18. The hubcaps off of a 53 Bentley Mk IV ''Longboot' car.
  19. A can of sardines and a big block of Liverwurst cheese.
  20. And last but not least, bring someone with you that can assemble a 2011 Mustang, GT, Shelby Convertible with paint and glue.
  21. The game will start promptly at the designated time posted on the toilet so come early and enjoy the other people there and for goodness sake BRING YOUR SUPPLIES and ten cents to register........
  22. (how do I turn off these stupid numbers?)
  23. Anyhow, be there or be square and we will see you at the National Rally in Virgina in late September....
  24. God bless our troops and keep them safe........
  25. (there is nothing in the next two spaces)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #2

Is it Prozac that causes this Seajay?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
More likely the lack of it.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Probably just euphoria(sp?) from being back on iRV2
& 2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Toad
"Get It While You Can"
jwomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Been smelling that glue again!!
welcome back-we missed your witt or half-witt (not sure which)
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I think the Medical term is Manic Depressive disorder
Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Almost ready, have everything but the big block of Liverwurst cheese nobody near me that discerning as to have any in stock in the storage room wayyyyyyyyyyyy out back.

Sorry to miss this chance to meet you big fella but some day in the future hopefully our trails will cross.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately, I have a phobia for everything on that list (except Item 24).

Catch y'all next time.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Wow. Not making the rally this year but if you'll be there next year, we'll have to arrange attendance!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #10

I am listening to Journey.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #11

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
I think the Medical term is Manic Depressive disorder
That's the old term. It's now called bipolar.

I have only one phobia: Pantophobia (a fear of everything).
Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #12

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I am now completely upset that we can't make this rally!

Weeks of worry since you didn't post!
then a waterfall of posts-glad You got them out!

And now a game, I know how to play and actually have all the items listed in a plastic box under the coach( except the person to assemble the winnings) I tried but she didn't fit in the box!
I already had your campsite plugged into the satellite camera (like the Inauguration camera). By the way, you missed a spot to the left of the putty knife, might want to put a cover over the shower dome cause We're getting tired of watching you shower.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
How the game is played

I have received several PM's from new people that want to know how the game of Name that Phobia is played so they will be better prepared. Here is a brief description as to the method of play when it comes to ''Name That Phobia''

First, I will arrange everyone in a circle around a campfire with marsh mellows on a stick.
Everyone should have all their supplies ready for use when the game starts.
I will sound a large '''gong'' to signify the start of the first round with a ''bang'' or ''gong'' sound as the case may be....
I will ask five random questions drawn from an old army helmet in random order without regard to sex or religious order.
Here is a sample of some of the questions...
Who is buried in Grants Tumb?
What is the muzzle valosity of a 357 magnum pistol?
What is the capitol of Bang-La-Desh?
Why did the chicken cross the road?

At the end of the fifth question, if you think you got all the answers right, each person with all the answers will jump up and bang their horse shoes against their length of log chain (with hooks attached) and yell ''OGNIB'' three times in their left hand while waving the ping pong paddle for identification without stepping in the five gallon bucket (with no handle) or kicking over their three legged (minimum) chair. Then I will select the people that did the above thingie in the order that they yelled ''OGNIB'' and their answers will be judged off their legal pad with the three magic markers. After all answers are read and adjudged as correct or wrong as the case may be, that person will sit down and after that the winner of the first round is judged by the applause of the rest of the people sitting in the circle with marshmellows on a stick and that person will get one point and that person will qualify to spin the big wheel and do a dance of their choosing and the number will be written down and burned in the campfore sitting in a circle with the marsh mellows on a stick. And we will go to round two around the big campfire with the marshmellows on a stick sitting in a circle.

I will ask another series of five more questions like the first round but in this round you have to wave your pickle and your snow cone (strawberry) over your head while blowing you whistle at the same time when you get done with the answers and I will have to guess who you are for you to qualify in the second round, etc etc etc.....(this is where you need your birth certificate so we can figure out exactly who you are with the marsh mellow on the stick around the big campfire, sitting in a circle)

We will procede thru all 157 rounds and at the end the person with the most points and a full box of Crayola Crayons will be asked a series of questions describing a PHOBIA drawn from a random hat that may be red or maybe not. If that person gets the Phobia right then they will toss a blind folded dart at the big dart board to determine their grand prize and everyone else will hate you cause they did not win and you did with the marsh mellow in the stick, sitting around the big campfire, in a circle and then we will all eat our sardenes and cheese for supper.

This is really a fun game and open to all ages as long as you have the supplies and the ten cents to register..... GOOD LUCK .......
If you have more questions just write them down and I will answer them when we get to the NATIONAL RALLY IN VA. with the big campfire with marsh mellows on a stick, sitting in a circle......

Vet registration for the game is only a nickle
Just my way of saying ''Thank you vets for your service to this nation''
Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #14

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay
Vet registration for the game is only a nickle
Just my way of saying ''Thank you vets for your service to this nation''
I believe you forgot to mention the nickel must be from the generation in which you served so there may be more than a few wooden nickels and even a few made of stone!

If anyone is missing the items needed for the game you are welcome to stop here in Kansas on the way to the Rally and borrow either the entire game kit or just a few items. I understand there may be some damage during the game, so a substantiale deposit may be required.
Ron

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote