Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

NASCAR, I think it is time to park the #3 car

in case you missed the end of the race at 2:45am

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #2

Old 07-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
The number belongs to his grandfather, and what he does with it is totally up to him, unfortunately. I'm not thinking that those to Dillon boys aren't ready to be in with the big boys yet. But, I don't know much, I grew up in Rockingham, NC, and lived at the track for many years. I could care less about NASCAR now, for a few personal reasons. I don't watch it too much, and certainly not at midnight local time.

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dillon did nothing wrong, it was two of the big boys that did that to him.

Glenn
Old 07-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
#3 number was parked for years, bringing it back was not a problem with me. Problem is Nascar not wanting to do anything to alienate fans
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:47 PM   #6

Why?

Ken Gasbarri
Old 07-07-2015, 05:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
NASCAR doesn't mind at all about alienating fans. If so they would not try to get their Confederate Flags.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:00 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dillon had nothing to do with that wreck outside of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was obvious who was going to win that race and at that point on the track they should have been letting off the throttle already. There was NO reason for one trying to push the other at that point but as it goes it seems everyone needs to see the "BIG ONE". It would make more sense in getting rid of the restrictor plates and let these guy run like back in the day. Sure you're still going to have wrecks but chances of having these conjested wrecks would be a lot less and a bit safer. JMHO
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Dillon had nothing to do with that wreck outside of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was obvious who was going to win that race and at that point on the track they should have been letting off the throttle already. There was NO reason for one trying to push the other at that point but as it goes it seems everyone needs to see the "BIG ONE". It would make more sense in getting rid of the restrictor plates and let these guy run like back in the day. Sure you're still going to have wrecks but chances of having these conjested wrecks would be a lot less and a bit safer. JMHO
X2, let um run what they brung
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
For the rest of the field it wasn't about winning, but about points or position. For those in contention for the Chase, even one point can make the difference of whether they are one of the 16 in the Chase. That is why that even when the wrecking started at the front, everyone else kept the hammer down. The #3 came in 7th because the catch fence was over the finish line.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #11

You want to park the #3, but you don't say why? you just show a video of the accident he got caught up in, but clearly didn't cause?
At 200 MPH there will always be major accidents at these races when aggressive drivers are fighting for every spot they can get. This wasn't the first and it sure wont be the last car to go airborne at Daytona.
I'm still not clear what your point was?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
You want to park the #3, but you don't say why? you just show a video of the accident he got caught up in, but clearly didn't cause?
At 200 MPH there will always be major accidents at these races when aggressive drivers are fighting for every spot they can get. This wasn't the first and it sure wont be the last car to go airborne at Daytona.
I'm still not clear what your point was?
I think the OP was referring to Dale Sr. and the number having bad karma. Not my opinion but may be his. Just sayin'
Old 07-07-2015, 10:43 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
The BIGGEST problem is that NASCAR likes to throw the Caution Flag for the littlest reason (even when there's no reason), just to bunch up the field "To Make It Exciting" for the fans. How many times have you seen them throw the caution when someone spins a 360, grabs another gear and take right off again????? As I understand it, that's what happened in Sundays race when someone spun on the backstretch and then took off again, not hitting anyone or thing, resulting in a Green-White-Checkered scenario which NASCAR seems to LOVE!!!!!
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #14

NASCAR states their goal is "Managed competition". That means they will do almost anything to assure people are racing right up to the checkered flag. Ploys like lucky dog pass, and Pierre Debris, the mystery french driver are used to keep things bunched up. NASCAR, like all other racing, is entertainment and they must keep viewers to retain sponsors. However, my opinion only, is that NASCAR tends too far toward the style of the World Wrestling Championship.

Having said that, absolutely no offense to the drivers and teams that must work in a constricted and artificially managed environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
The BIGGEST problem is that NASCAR likes to throw the Caution Flag for the littlest reason (even when there's no reason), just to bunch up the field "To Make It Exciting" for the fans. How many times have you seen them throw the caution when someone spins a 360, grabs another gear and take right off again????? As I understand it, that's what happened in Sundays race when someone spun on the backstretch and then took off again, not hitting anyone or thing, resulting in a Green-White-Checkered scenario which NASCAR seems to LOVE!!!!!

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote