Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Not that anyone has tried but my advice would be not to let anyone try and talk you into putting your pet down. No one knows your dog like you do. I look back to when I had to put ours down and I have guilt and regret which apparently are natural feelings to have under the circumstances. Sometimes I think we waited to long and then another part of me feels I could have kept him alive a little longer. It all comes down to quality of life and only you can make the decision. Your dog will agree with what ever you decide.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you all so much....

My little pup is still hanging on. She eats and sleeps and poops...and I hold her every night. I know that she wants to hang on and I want to keep her hanging on,,,

I took her for a long walk today and she loved it. She wagged her tail and when we got back to the house...she curled up next to me and she was able to sleep for a few hours. Her breath comes so harsh but I am convinced that as you told me...she will tell me when she needs to be let go...

My hubby is experiencing huge health issues and I would like to know that the pups are ok....but that is not the case. But all of you are a beacon in the storm....

Thank you all.......

Faith

fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
My heart goes out to you and your pet. Our beloved Gabby had heart issues but the meds seemed to help control her coughing and her energy was good. We went to the coast this fall far a month and for the first three weeks she did well. The last week she laid around alot and ate, but not as good as she used to. After we got home she stopped eating and drinking on Thursday. We took her to the vet were told after a blood test that her kidneys had shut down, and that in people it was a painful condition. It was not a hard choice to make, we did not want her living in pain but God we do miss our Little Gabby girl.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Eating pooping and happy meter functioning well ( tail wag ) . This doggy is enjoying life
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #19

You are in my prayers daily. I will add your husband too. Try to be careful with yourself. Careful means "full of care"' so be full of care to your well being too.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

FAITH & BOB,
AS YOU CAN TELL YOU ARE DEFINITELYNOT IN THIS BY YOUR SELF.I THINK ALL OF US FELLS YOUR PAIN.MY DW AND I WENT THROUGH THIS 2 1/2 YRS.AGO AND IT STILL HURTS SO MUCH.WITH US IT WAS YOUR 11YR OLD DOXIE. SO LIKE EVERYONE HAS SAID YOU WILL KNOW. MAY GOD BLESS IN THIS SAD TIME.YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #21

I fell for you but on the other side my 1 year old great perimese got parvo they said no hope $800 go tell her good buy she ate at jack because she wouldn't eat dog food but she is here today can you get a second look ill pray your friend dave
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks to all of you....

I winterized the coach today, but I was hoping that we could get away one more time before winter came. Hubby is ailing so I hope that I winterized the coach the right way. I drained the water heater....I found a wrench and let off the water. I then bypassd the hot water heater and hopefullly put enough pink stuff into the pipes....

All of the faucets ran pink and then I put more pink stuff in all the traps. I am waiting to see if my ice maker makes Pink ice..... The water pump is on and I am waiting to find pink ice....

Am I forgetting anything else? I winterizsed the washer/dryer last year but did not use it this entire season. So do I have to re-winterize it???

Thank you for all of your input. You are all so great!!!!

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #23

The most difficult choice is between keeping the pet alive for your own satisfaction - compared to doing the best thing for your pet. We are waiting for biopsy results for our 10 year old German Shepherd Dog, that likely has stage 4 lymphoma, but have decided that aggressive chemotherapy won't result in a good quality of what life for whatever time he has left. As others have said, the pet may, or will, let you know when it is time, but that doesn't mean it will be an easy decision for any pet owner.

We pet owners are thinking of you, and hope for the best for your dog...

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote