Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

New BC License Plates...land of the ugly no more!

Traveling around I see a lot of beautiful license plates from those travelers down south, and I've always wondered why such a pretty province as BC had such bland plates? Yes...we had the limited run of 2010 Winter Games plates but nothing permanent until today when our Province presented a new series of plates, with an annual fee that goes to support our parks. ICBC unveils new B.C. Parks license plates - British Columbia - CBC News
Canarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2017, 08:12 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Here in NJ we have the ugliest license plates in America. They have been this way for years and there's no sign of change. Guess we deserve some of the disparaging remarks thrown at us.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:53 PM   #3

Washington isn't much better - very bland letters and numbers only. With all the spectacular scenery we have, you'd think they could do better.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:15 AM   #4

Oregon has some cool plates; a lot of them are boring though. But I noticed that the Trailblazers have better plates than the Oregon ducks /sigh.

I currently have the Oregon Lions Club Foundation plates for my truck; I hope to be able to transfer that to another vehicle if I can convince DMV to change the type on it (you can only transfer to "like-types")

WA ain't that much better either, I go to WA often.
mrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:34 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Now you just have to make your mind up which one you would rather have.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:25 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I will keep my $25.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Would be even better if you could personalize them or have your current letters/numbers transferred.
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:23 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I will keep my $25.
I misread, I will keep my $50
Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I misread, I will keep my $50
the 50$ don't bother me as the plates are cool;; its the extra $40 per year on top of the regular $75-100 plate fee that's ridiculous
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
the 50$ don't bother me as the plates are cool;; its the extra $40 per year on top of the regular $75-100 plate fee that's ridiculous
But we get 2!
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #11

Can you imagine this,in 1969 I bought a 63 Jaguar XKE in Socal. There was only a place for a plate in the back an I got stopped because of no plate in the front. I just got it from a dealer an it came that way. I had to get two new plates and drill holes in the front of that beautiful car an stick an ugly plate on it There should be a law about damaging such a nice car.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
It's a license plate, for G-d's sake!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
It's a license plate, for G-d's sake!
ok so whats your point?
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #14

Some states in the USA don't require a front plate; so why should the rest of the country have to? /sigh

nowadays you sometimes can get away with not having the front plate physically mounted, some places will let you keep it in the vehicle and show proof you still have it although it is technically illegal.

I had bought a 2014 Camaro that I didn't like the fact I had to have the front plate so I bought a kit that let me take it off for shows and stuff so I drilled off the old mount and then mounted the kit that looked exactly like the original one time I forgot to put it back on and saw a bunch of cops as I went by and they didn't pull me over but that would be a one time thing I guess as they were busy with something else.

But for Gd's sakes... they are just plates why do we need to even hassle with 2? Just get rid of the one and be happy with one on the rear
mrgs is offline   Reply With Quote