Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New Blackstone

Picked up my new 17" Blackstone a couple of days ago.Got around to seasoning it yesterday and grilled a couple of T bones for me and the wife.In spite of my ability to render a good cut of meat into a hockey puck, they were almost steak house quality !! I love this thing !! I found out about this grill on iRV Forums,so thanks for all the valuable info.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
Picked up my new 17" Blackstone a couple of days ago.Got around to seasoning it yesterday and grilled a couple of T bones for me and the wife.In spite of my ability to render a good cut of meat into a hockey puck, they were almost steak house quality !! I love this thing !! I found out about this grill on iRV Forums,so thanks for all the valuable info.
I've had mine almost a year now. I can't remember how I found it? But I would never thought you could cook a nice steak or a pork chop on a metal grill and have it turn out so GOOOOOD! I've had so many Grills, stoves BBQ'S over the years, but this replaces them all. Buy the hose so you can get away from the little propane bottles.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I am going to have to look at the tailgater with both grill and BBQ.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:20 AM   #4
WDW

New Blackstone

2 years. Many steaks. Bodacious cheeseburger (not in paradise), tremendous home fries, and passable Asian dishes. I added a hose to draw from the RV propane in place of the little green bottles.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:32 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Took the advice and bought a 5' stainless braided hose on Amazon. The little 1 lb bottles do get expensive. Really loving this grill !! Also the wife bought me a Lodge Sportsman charcoal grill.My life is complete !!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
Took the advice and bought a 5' stainless braided hose on Amazon. The little 1 lb bottles do get expensive. Really loving this grill !! Also the wife bought me a Lodge Sportsman charcoal grill.My life is complete !!
You should buy the little fitting to refill your little 1lb. Bottles, I also have the hose for the blackstone. But I bought the refiller on Amazon for about $10 it works great. You have to do it the correct way, and then you can get them almost completely full. I use the bottles for the lantern and the Mr. buddy heater and sometimes for the Blackstone if I’m cooking something fast. You have to put the empty bottles in the freezer for a few hours. Then screw the refill tool (I can’t remember what they call it) in my 5 gallon propane tank turn the tank upside down and sit it on a table, then screw the small bottle on open the valve on the big tank and “Bamb” you have a full 1lb. Tank. Saves a lot of $$$
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #7

I bought my 17 inch Blackstone a few months ago, this thing is GREAT!!!!
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #8

i am going to get me one
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #9

Been using a 22 inch for a year now best cooker i have ever had can cook anything on it
stew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Blackstone Griddle

I bought the 17" model a while ago and love it. Very well made and not too expensive ($75). Get the 2 piece cover too. I like to line the drip pan with foil to make the clean up even easier.
I love that we can cook even more stuff outside now. I don't think we will be taking a grill on the road anymore.
Many videos on YT for those considering one. Mike
Old 11-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #11
WDW

You realize you can reverse the griddle top by lift need it off and turning it over and it’ll fit over the unit to make it easier to store when transporting it
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
You realize you can reverse the griddle top by lift need it off and turning it over and it’ll fit over the unit to make it easier to store when transporting it
Yes I figured that out,it fits securely upside down.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:51 PM   #13

We love ours! She loves it because nor I will actually cook.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #14

This sounds very interesting... still doing our research before we take up the RV life and I was pondering about cooking meats outside. (The less grease in the kitchen the better)
So this is basically a BBQ grill? I'll try Googling 17" Blackstone grill.

As first I thought you were talking about the Outdoors RV Blackstone trailer! lol!
Podo944 is offline   Reply With Quote