Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #43

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
The only "new as of this year" type violation I know of is Arnold making small amounts of weed an infraction rather than a misdemeanor, which is good because there's no need to have the potheads clogging up the misdemeanor courtrooms/public defenders/DAs.

Has anyone confirmed this story and fines from another source???

Bill

On Jan.11 of this year, one ounce or less of marihuana became an infraction as versus a misdeamenor, which it has been here for years. That makes it analogous to a traffic violation and does not give the perp the need for trial/lawyer.

However, if you get caught driving a vehicle while under-the-influence of that same pot and think this is still an infraction, I would imagine you are in for a tad bit of a surprise.

Similar to my friend Bill, it has been many years for me, although I will tell you that at least I did inhale. Nowadays, driving slow while on the road, and a couple budweisers while not, are this homeboys preference.

Fast while on the open sea, california Mike

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
This is why I think it's a good idea for them to use at least put their lights on (which I've witnessed) so drivers that pay attention to their rear view mirrors will try to safely get out of the officer's way.
Indiana law states that both emergency lighting and audible warning must be used. One must not be used without the other. If a LEO is enroute to an emergency that requires stealth, usually for surprising law breakers in the act, they do not use visible and audible alarms/warnings. In such situations safety is foremost in their minds and actions.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #45
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Has anyone confirmed this story and fines from another source???
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is the url: CA Traffic Fines, Traffic Violation, Fine Amounts, Traffic Lawyer
From this page you can get more than what you need about the CA vehicle code. I posted earlier about the windows code.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
California changing car fines

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/politics...-113160639.html

Welcome to California

THE LOS ANGELES TIMES HAS AN ARTICLE ON THE SUBJECT:

"FLOORING IT ON CAR FINES". PASS IT ON TO YOUR FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTANCES!

HUGE California Traffic Tickets Fines Effective 01/06/2011

Please be extremely careful in your driving and car registration & insurance matters. State of California is broke and they are trying hard to squeeze all of us hard to collect money.

Effective immediately, if you do not stop at the red light, be ready to pay $436 in fines or if you pass a school bus with flashing red signals, you will be charged $616. The state of California is going for blood, so be extra careful in driving, You cannot afford messing with them. I have been hearing that Highway Patrols are under pressure to issue a lot more tickets than last year with at least 30% increase in fines over 2009, so beware of radar guns, highway and traffic cameras installed everywhere and the tougher enforcement of parking rules.

Just for your info, the next time you park in the handicapped zone, even for a minute, you will be looking at almost $ 1000 in parking tickets , so it'd better be worth it.

California needs money, so pay close attention to the rules of the road!

Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2011)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance) Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, someone who got this ended up paying $274

VC 23123( $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.

VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507( $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.

VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints.
Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program .

VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.

VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver - Log book violation.

VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due.

Look out for the money grabbers in Sacramento but don‘t blame the cops. They don’t set the fines or collect them!

street sweepers will now be equipped with cameras to ticket cars illegally blocking the street
The thing I find most interesting about the above violation fines is that the ones that have the highest value are the ones that do not represent those that have the greatest threat to public safety. The stop light/sign runners, those that pass/speed by an off-loading school bus and the ones engaged in crazy excessive speeds (reckless driving)are the ones that pose the greatest danger and should have higher fines attached.

To me, this fine structure is somewhat skewed in favor of revenue, NOT to public safety. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #48

Quote:
To me, this fine structure is somewhat skewed in favor of revenue, NOT to public safety. Bob
AND, your point is?

California is BROKE - and $$$ trumps morality and reason EVERY time...

And better than HALF of our individual states aren't far behind!

AH = but according to the stock market, Obama, and various financial "experts", all our problems are over, and all will soon be rosy again...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #49

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
The thing I find most interesting about the above violation fines is that the ones that have the highest value are the ones that do not represent those that have the greatest threat to public safety. The stop light/sign runners, those that pass/speed by an off-loading school bus and the ones engaged in crazy excessive speeds (reckless driving)are the ones that pose the greatest danger and should have higher fines attached.

That seems to be a common problem all over, including our Town. What started out to be a public safety requirement has turned into revenue source. If you were to watch the flow of traffic in our area, observe the driving infractions committed and the compare them to actual citations written, you would easily see that the LEOs are limited to writing the most revenue oriented citations and pretty much ignore everything else.

From my experience in driving in the LA area, the whole CA budget problem could be solved it just the most flagrant violators were cited. Speed limits on the freeways were a joke. I worked there often and was in many different areas (Glendale, Long Beach) and the story consistent. I cannot remember seeing an LEO but people 20mph over the limit were as common as house flies.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #50

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
the core issue is not about whether folks obey traffic laws, nor about imposing dramatically elevated fines to achieve a safer driving public, it's about the prc continuing to implement societal control measures in hopes of generating increased revenue on the backs of "the people" to pay for poorly managed, mostly politically motivated, over spending "programs" (for lack of a better term).

It's a small matter, but indicative of an array of issues needing to be corrected in our country, and...."we the people" can do it !!

steve
i agree !))%
Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
After checking with a friend who is a traffic investigator with LA County Sheriff, the article does have some validity, but not really. Those numbers are the Maximum that can be charged, LA County does not follow that schedule. Our local areas charge around $470 for the 22507 violation, not $976. Here are a couple of links that give the real story. The fines listed may be real for some areas, like the City of Los Angeles.

snopes.com: 2011 California Traffic Ticket Fines

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/referenc...011_jcbail.pdf

Dennis

DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote