Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
This treatment seems to be a major step in treating cancer cells.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/...007-07-11.html

Source: Keelynet.com
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
This treatment seems to be a major step in treating cancer cells.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/...007-07-11.html

Source: Keelynet.com
Old 07-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #3

Donavon

Wouldn't it be great That VT scientist found the majic bullet. While this treatment cannot deal with all the cancers, every little thing helps. This looks promissing for tumors; however we still have to worry about the floating C cells that attach to other organs. This is what that wounderful chemo tries to do. Being a 4 time survivor, Its nice to know the scientist are still making inroads into the treatment of this dreaded killer. s/Toby
Old 07-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
It's an ugly disease for sure. Glad to hear you're continuing to beat it.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:34 AM   #5

I sometimes think the medical profession does not want to find a cure for cancer as there is too much money in it. What do others of you think?
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:00 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lake:
I sometimes think the medical profession does not want to find a cure for cancer as there is too much money in it. What do others of you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, how much would you pay to be cured of cancer? Seems like whoever finds a cure will have a blank check.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 AM   #7
CD

They must be making some real progress in some areas. Last Oct. my son-in-law waS dianosed with stage 4 terminal sinus cancer. They decided to try a rigorus chemo & radiation treatment. He returned to work in April and on Fathers day my daughter called and said he had been out playing tennis that day.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #8

Report from KOMO, Seattle

Please check out this 6 minute report. It could save the life of someone you love.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:16 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lake:
I sometimes think the medical profession does not want to find a cure for cancer as there is too much money in it. What do others of you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand what your saying but don't agree. The medical profession is just as susceptable to the disease (and more so in some cases due to the exposures). Consequently, I would think their profession would be anxious to find a cure too.

2009 Komfort Trialblazer 285S
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree that there is way to much money being made on cancer. My brother died of it several days ago on the 19th, it had spread through all his organs, blood and bones. When he was diagnosed, they told him it was terminal and nothing could be done. BUT! They still wanted to give him chemo and radiation!! He told them no and he died with his dignity and wallet intact.

Lou
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #11

Lou
Very sorry to hear about your brother. My younger brother died of lung cancer last year after a five year battle, so I can feel your pain.

For all of those out there that are interested in keeping up with the latest in treatment(s) and anceliary activities, there is a magazine called CURE. If you have and/or had cancer or related to someone who has cancer, the subscribption is free. For others, there is a charge. If you are interested, you can go to www.curetoday.com and sigh up. I think it comes every 3 or 4 months. s/Toby