Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #57

Indiana has joined the group of states with fleeing Democratic politicians hoping to evade voting on this very controversial issue. Our political system of governing is based on the principle of majority rule, stay and do your job you were elected to.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #58

Actually it won't be there for me in 25 years, as we will be totally a different country before then due to default on debt. SS wont even exist.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #59

WE Pay our Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
The vast majority of our country's Liberal voters live in population centers like California and New York - poster children for how things run by "Liberal Thinking" folks with all that "courage and optimism" work out in real life...

YUP - "Make your own decisions"...

Look up:

Suffolk County in NEW YORK. We're not broke. Our BOND ratings are AA and better.

Oregon has the same rating so if we're doing so badly so goes Oregon.

We're too proud to not be lumped in with the rest of those who are broke either in our state or out. Seems to me everything is worse outside of NY. Being lumped in with California's mess makes absolutely no sense to me.

Your description doesn't sit well. We couldn't be stopped even with the 9-11 attack. How much more "REAL" can it get? We know which state is most important to attack because our enemies know.

The surveys actually show NY down at the bottom of the liberal list. I had to go look. Actually, New Yorkers don't really care what labels are applied to us. Labels are what's learned from watching too much TV and for me are a weakness.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I'm not exactly too sure about that statement.
John how many people of color are there in your hometown Marquette, Michigan, according to the latest census less than 1%, how's that for racial diversity?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #61
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
John how many people of color are there in your hometown Marquette, Michigan, according to the latest census less than 1%, how's that for racial diversity?
I'm sorry but you do realize there is but a very small percentage of people of color once you take away the college population when they are here. You could count them on your fingers and toes!

But I fail to see what that has to do with the post at hand

But just to set the record straight we do have a maximum security prison here, and the inmates are counted against the census count. This past census Marquette showed a decline of just over 2000 people while a little town just east of us showed a just over 2000 people increase well when the flap was done because of loss of state revenue sharing it was determined that they switched the prison population over to Harvey, Mi. instead of Marquette, Mi.

The population was much more diversified before the K.I. Sawyer AFB was closed down.

So while a substantial amount of people of color still live behind a very big stone wall I'm still mystified what "a person of color" has to do with it all
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #62

Alpine Owners Club
Gary K7GLD,
A point of clarification: While the absolute number of folks on government programs is small in rural counties, their percentage is usually as large or larger than in counties with larger populations. I worked in this area for a long time and this was always a big problem. Folks would move to rural areas because of the lower rent, or they would move to a rural area for a temp job and not be able to get out, or they were raised in the area, couldn't find a job so start using public money.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:47 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
I am a senior who is collecting on the so called Social Security "entitlement". The "entitlement" that I have paid for, and continue to pay for, for the last 48 years. I wasnt asked if I wanted to be part of this plan, same as I was not given a choice on Medicare. I do believe that even with the downturn in the market I would have been better off had I been able to make my own choices with my own money. I do believe Social Security will be there as long as there is a USA republic. The only difference will be how much of it will be taxed by the government.

Another point to consider..... How many people have gotten SS who either contributed nothing or very little? If the fund was distributed as it was originally intended and not raided by the government (for example: (LBJ- "We shall have guns and butter" ) one can only wonder if we would be having this discussion and calling SS a "Ponzi" scheme. If the government would go back to its original intent for SS and actually pay back the IOU's we would not be debating this issue.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #64

Codgerbill

I have wrote many articles on Social Security for decades. One from many years ago was about a lady that paid in a grand total of $21 when Social Security began. Well she lived a very long time, and by the time she died, she had collected over $21,000 in payments. She hit the lottry lol, Bernie Madoff would have been envious.

My point is, there was never any fairness, equality, or rational justice to Social Security. It was a scam to rob future generations to give previous generations a windfall they never deserved to begin with.

I don't blame you or retirees as you honestly didn't have a choice. However thinking it will always be there is more than a stretch. It is running a deficit as we speak, 27 years earlier than forcast 2 years ago lol.

Yada yada on the lockbox IOU's I have heard that literally my entire life, nobody ever took a single step to address it, not even Obama lol.

Social Security is dead, there is no money in it, never has benn. It relied on massive baby boomer generation to pay for your generation. Well my generation "X" can't even begin to cover boomers. They are retiring at a rate of 10,000 a day for the next 19 years lol. They will sucks every penny out of SS, and have to defund all of their stock market funds etc.

Gen "X" won't have SS or anything in stocks due to this and will be the poorest generation since the early 1900's. However not to be outdone, our kids will live and look more like the 1800's, and their kids the 1650's. Lol literally!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Thank you for making my point!!!!!! Bye
SO, your point was that unrealistic and runaway Liberal giveaway program$ ARE the central cause for looming bankruptcy of states like NY and California?

Sorry, I didn't read it that way...
Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #66
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Social Security is the biggest ponzi scam ever pulled off. If it wasn't , it would go on forever. Ponzi or piramid. You call it.

Look up how a ponzi scam works.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by a k View Post
Social Security is the biggest ponzi scam ever pulled off. If it wasn't , it would go on forever. Ponzi or piramid. You call it.

Look up how a ponzi scam works.
Perhaps - but many like me and my various lifetime employers paid INTO it all our lives, as REQUIRED - and fully, with NO APOLOGIES, expect the government promised benefits, in FULL!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #68
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Same her. I did a hell of a lot better myself in the market. Should let people decide if they want to do their own or the govt way, except when people do it their self and fail, the govt will bail them out and they know it.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #69
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Oil hit $100 wo hoo

Remember diesel was $4.75/gal 2 months before oil hit $100 in Oct '08
Old 02-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #70

Its paid for, I agree with your reply #65. I would change one sentence though. The baby boomer generation began with the end of WW II and ended 2 years later, 19 years may be the window of death ages (after they reach 66) for that generation though.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Closed Thread