Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #71

As I read thru various related threads on this and similar boards, I see that many individuals are waking up to the reality of what is going on all around us at an alarmingly increasing, out of control pace.

TOO bad it's too little, and waaaaaay too late to untangle - about all to be done at this point is be alert, take whatever precautions are available to you and yours individually, duck and cover as best you can - it WILL get uglier by far...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #72

Gary, Supreme Court Justice William Douglas stated this quote, most of which is in my signature block.
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of darkness."___Supreme Court Justice William Douglas
And to think, rv.net moderator "Admin" banned it because she thought it was too controversial.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Gary, Supreme Court Justice William Douglas stated this quote, most of which is in my signature block.
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of darkness."___Supreme Court Justice William Douglas
And to think, rv.net moderator "Admin" banned it because she thought it was too controversial.
Ray, I'm surprised this hasn't gotten knocked off yet, really close to the line of political discussion.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #74

Ray,IN

Sorry to have to correct your attempt at correcting me, but you are confusing a 2 year boom in babies with an entire generation called the Baby Boomers. The Census has that generation starting in 1946 and ending in 1964. In 1965 generation X began until 1983. In 1984 generation Y began and stopped in 2002. The current generation which began in 2003 has yet to find a name that sticks, but the lead so far in polls is the Lost Decade Generation, which be plural by 2021.

Of the Baby Boomers 1946-1964, 10,000 a day will retire for the entire generation. That generation had MANY more babies than Generation X. It was a boom time from 46'-64'. I was born with JFK assassination, MLK, Jimmy Carter, Ford, times were dull, people were poorer, public housing started, food stamps etc.

Generation X can't support Baby Boomers due to numbers. Baby Boomers supported the previous generation easy. Those who have been retired for the past 20 years were the most lucky generation in history, they were called The Greatest Generation.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding on how generations work. If you are a Boomer it might get rough, but you should do ok. If your an X, good luck, your going to eat the whole mess. I'm an X
Old 02-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #75

If a contract is a contract, then why are there so many home and business foreclosures? The answer is simple, there is no money. The problem here is that the jig is up. There is no money. For decades, the public unions gave huge amounts of money to get politicians elected that would give unrealistic wages, benefits and even more unrealistic retirements. Vicious cycle, we get you elected and they give you millions in contributions. In WI (2008), the public employee unions gave over a million (small state) and 99% went to the Dems who lost the election huge. The people in the private sector donít get this and are going to be paying through the nose in taxes and working into their 70ís so the public workers can retire in their 50ís. It wonít happen. It isnít the governor in WI, it is the elected House (Assembly) and the Senate. They were elected stating exactly what they were going to do. It is the way democracy works. For decades, WI allowed the pubic unions to go wild where they make nearly twice as much as the private workers, pay little towards their medical care, and have very early retirements. The previous politicians had ignored the balanced budget law and used several billions of federal stimulus money to delay the problem. Now itís over. The whole idea of the stimulus was sold for infrastructure, but it was mainly used to provide money to public governments to keep people they didnít have the money to keep. I do not want to be pulled from a burning building by a 64 year old firefighter, but there are many jobs in a city, county, or state that they can do until they reach normal retirement age. They need to be on defined contribution plans instead of defined benefits. As a country we can not keep borrowing 42 cents of every dollar we spend. It is going to bring us down and fortunately most folks realize that. We live within our means at home and the country must also.
If you remember Obama once stated there were 57 states and I was joking about that.

YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #76

Lindsay, excellent post. This has been my point right along that you can't continue to borrow money to pay for people to not work. Same goes for social security. It will be there, but in what form and for whom? That is the $106,800 question.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #77

This is what they are trying to avoid in WI. Allen Park outside Detroit is having to lay off the entire fire dept. to avoid the town going belly up.

Allen Park official says layoffs needed to plug $600K deficit | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Detroit has been solid Dem for over half a century. No Repubs here. Detroit has 1/3 the population it had in 1950.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Lindsay, a contract is a contract and that's why there are so many foreclosures, people aren't honoring their part (paying back the loan) and apparently many banks are failing to honor theirs(keeping accurate records). The part about 64 year old firemen saving me that would be comical to see!
All this crap about 70 being the new 60 is crazy talk by folks who have never done a hard days work. I could probably work till I'm 90 as a CEO or Congressman, just isn't realistic in practice. Oh and I assume the 57 states was for my benefit, sorry I didn't catch it. Stay safe, Mike
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #79
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Interesting as this topic is, iRV2 has a prohibition on political discussions and so we are going to close this thread.

Please check our community rules for details, but we have this rule because we are an RV forum and have widely varying opinions about politics. Thanks in advance for keeping future topics to discussions on RV related subjects and suitable for 'polite' company.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Closed Thread