Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #43
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
You can't change the rules after the game is played just because you don't like the outcome!
Why??? NASCAR, and the NFL do it all the time!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
A study at University College London in the UK has found that conservatives' brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other "primitive" emotions. At the same time, conservatives' brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate -- the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism.
Make your own decisions!
And all this from a "Liberal Thank Tank" hummmm.....
Old 02-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #46

The vast majority of our country's Liberal voters live in population centers like California and New York - poster children for how things run by "Liberal Thinking" folks with all that "courage and optimism" work out in real life...

YUP - "Make your own decisions"...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
The vast majority of our country's Liberal voters live in population centers like California and New York - poster children for how things run by "Liberal Thinking" folks with all that "courage and optimism" work out in real life...

YUP - "Make your own decisions"...
What would happen to all the commerce centers where would they go? The great universities of our country are in the big population centers as are the great hospitals. When people live in close proximity to one and other they acquire the skill sets to work with other people, this leads them to be more tolerate of others ideas. So is born a liberal, we don't have to agree we need to listen to their ideas and maybe a consensus can be formed. I've lived in Philadelphia my entire life, as a child the city was racially divided blacks in their neighborhoods Hispanics and whites in theirs. As an adult the city became integrated,my block in a white upper middle class neighborhood changed it now has a diversity that would be impossible in rural America. When people live together they realize that they all have the same needs and wants, a nice home, educated children and a good job. We are all the same, we can't let politicians tell us that some among us lives are less valuable. This is my last post on this subject because it makes me insane to see people blindly following politicians of either party that try to drive us apart.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #48
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
a diversity that would be impossible in rural America.
I'm not exactly too sure about that statement.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #49
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
A study at University College London in the UK has found that conservatives' brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other "primitive" emotions. At the same time, conservatives' brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate -- the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism.
Make your own decisions!
Here's my opinion=STUPID
Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I'm not exactly too sure about that statement.
The biggest single difference is that in these rural settings, government givaway programs, clinics, and welfare agencies are few and far between (you know, those programs now bankrupting states like California and New York!) - and the minorities have to actually WORK to live, rather than wait for a government handout to be delivered to their doorstep for free...

Perhaps that's WHY there are fewer minorities out here in the sticks?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #51

Don't worry folks, you will all get to live through a housing double dip, a recession, correction, depression, real unemployment will exceed 25%, gas will top $5.00 a gallon, home ownership will drop another 30-40%, stocks will dip to below $7,500 probably to $5,000, and the government will be forced to sell assets all much sooner than anyone thinks.

$118 trillion in total liabilities, underfunded retirements, and 47% of our GDP is from some level of government, 53% private sector. We will see government spending pass private by 2013, and it is game over as private will coninue to shrink while public will continue to spend.

The only possible fix is to sell government assets to the private sector, which they will be forced to do, but since nobody is talking about it, probably much too late.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
The biggest single difference is that in these rural settings, government givaway programs, clinics, and welfare agencies are few and far between (you know, those programs now bankrupting states like California and New York!) - and the minorities have to actually WORK to live, rather than wait for a government handout to be delivered to their doorstep for free...

Perhaps that's WHY there are fewer minorities out here in the sticks?
Thank you for making my point!!!!!! Bye
Old 02-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
An item I have noticed that is absent in this discussion. The state taxing of retiree's pensions is estimated to bring in aprox. 1 billion dollars. The business tax that many in the state call onerious will be reduced by aprox 1.6 billion dollars. the deficite is projected to be 1.6 (I think) billion dollars without including the business tax cut. The state will not tax the Social security pensions, only the private pensions (401K, work related pensions. etc.) They propose to make public employees pay aprox 12-13% health care premiym costs and (I think) up to 5% on thier retirement plans. It looks to me as if a major portion of the closing of the gap will come from the seniors. What I may do is either remember who voted to take money from my pocket or perhaps vote with my feet.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #54

Seniors are the ones that have and continue to benefit. I'm gen "X", I won't see a dime of social security I have paid in for decades. Worse yet, my kids will really pay the price, their kids won't have a clue of this era, as they will return to an 1800's lifestyle.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Paid For View Post
Seniors are the ones that have and continue to benefit. I'm gen "X", I won't see a dime of social security I have paid in for decades. Worse yet, my kids will really pay the price, their kids won't have a clue of this era, as they will return to an 1800's lifestyle.

I thought I would never see SS when I was younger, but now I'm just a few years away from being eligible. It will be there and so will yours. There will be some required changes to the payout formula perhaps, retirement age perhaps, and yes there may actually be some means testing, but it will be there for you.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
Old 02-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #56
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Hey am I missing something? I've been paying state and fed tax on my soc sec and pension for years Plus paying $110/month medicare and paying for my secondary insurance. Maybe I should have moved to Wisconsin 14 years ago. I could have a new motor home from the tax I would have saved.
Closed Thread