Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #29
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
What will your "Next" RV be ? not to be confused with what you "would like" but the RV you will more than likely purchase.
We currently own a 2011 Allegro RED and this was our first DP, our next in 2014 will be the Tiffin Phaeton and hope it is made in a 38ft.
What size is your RED? I have been looking at those for my next RV. We have the Allegro 32CA but we need just a little more space...I have been drooling over the Allegro 36LA, but am also considing the RED 38QRA...Our next MH will be the last, so it will be a major decision.

2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
"So many campgrounds,so little time"
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
Ours is the 36 QSA RED and we love it. I have made numerous changes like the front tv from Panasonic to 42in Visio and from a Queen bed to the Cal. King. Hoping the Phaeton in 2014 comes in a 38. If it does hold out and buy ours ....

Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
Popcorn man
There is nothing NOT to like about the RED Our plan is to change in three years offering someone a coach still under warranty ( extended ) and to have more drawers in the bedroom. The Phaeton hopefully will come in a 38ft then also.
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #32
Plan on keeping ours for a few years to come, but when the time comes, it will likely be another 35-38ft V10 gas, and a few years old, so that depreciation levels off and any issues have been works out. Damon/Thor 07-ish Intruder or 07+ Challenger are on the list. If we go with a gas Newmar, it'll be likely an Canyon Star...or if it's diesel, a Ventana I'm a big fan of the Dutch Star nameplate, but now Dutch Star has moved up the Newmar food chain, so I doubt I'd pay the higher price for one.

But Thor and Newmar are the two brands on our radar
36ft Damon Intruder Class A - 37ft National Sea Breeze LX Class A
-Past RVs: 19ft Sportsman, 24ft Jayco, 30ft Coachmen Mirada. We had some good times.
"Im a car guy...you've been warned" lol
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #33
It will NOT be a toyhauler. Yes, love the garage and it's huge .... but I want living space now. I like the look of the Montana w/5 slides .... don't know anything else about them. Will if/when we get serious on buying a new RV.
Joe & Mariel Warren, Swan Valley, ID/Seattle, WA
'97 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, 2011 Dutchman Voltage, and a 90LB Yellow Lab
marielw824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #34
iRV2 No Limits Club
If we ever wear this one out it'll be another Newmar for sure. This is our second one, and we ordered it with the idea that it would be our last (and it may be)! It's 10+ years old and people think it's new.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #35
This is it. I'm remodeling an older Class B, and when I get it where I want it I'll never let it go. Engine, transmission, don't care.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #36
I just got my 2013 Lance 1685 and it's the perfect little 16' trailer for me. I honestly don't see me trading up or even sideways.

Unless in 10 years I need another 1685 (if Lance is still making that model)

2002 LandRover Discovery II | 2013 Lance 1685 Travel Trailer |
2013 Lance 1685 Travel Trailer

WoodGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #37
We just traded our 2005 Gulfstream Vista Cruiser MB (Class B) for a 2011 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS. We pick it up tomorrow. I hope the decision is right. The Cruiser gets 22mpg consistently and sometimes better if you go slower. But, it sure will be nice to have a place to sit, eat and a bed that you can walk around.

DH retired this year and my job will be ending soon, so we will be changing modes from traveling weekends and vacations to being able to take things much slower. We put 72,000 miles on the Cruiser and loved every mile. My only concern is how to slow down without getting bored. :-)
stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #38
Send a message via Skype™ to adehaan86
My next RV will probably be a fifth wheel toy hauler. We are undecided between Raptor or XLR. I do want winter package and all.

It will be 3-5 years before we buy :( Till then our fiver is awesome.
2009 Dodge ram 2500 Cummins Mega Cab
1999 R29RL King of the road.
3 kids and a beautiful wife.
adehaan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #39
Winnebago Owners Club
Heartland RV Club
I know what our next rv will be, I just purchased it. After owing a 2000 Winnebago 36l for three years we have decided to buy a fifth wheel. We loved the motor home, ease of set up, and access to fridge and bathroom while traveling. What we didn't love was the major cost of maintenance and repair. I also missed having a truck when we were at the Pacific Ocean or campgrounds. We purchased a 2012 Big Country 3450ts, it has more living area and storage than the mh. We also purchased a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500. Together they cost us less than half the price of a new dp. For us it makes sense.
zagguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #40
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bought my last MH 10 years ago for Full Time when it was 4 years old.
It will outlast me.
99 Discovery 34Q ISB
2014 MKS AWD EcoBoost Toad
Fulltime Since "99"
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #41
We are looking to replace our 2003 Endeavor with another Holiday Ramble/Monaco product. Hope to find something in the 38-40" range with a Cummins engine, in model years 2008-2010, before they stopped using the Cummins engine. Problem is that we will not looking to purchase until the spring of 2013 while we are on a trip to the 'lower 48'. If nothing can be found then it will be time to do a few 'improvements' on the one we currently have. Part of the fun is in the 'looking'!

2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote