Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #29

What a mess. I still don't understand why the police arrested you just on the guy's word without hearing your side of the story. Did you give them a hard time?
I recently saw a craigslist ad looking to have a fiver moved. I contacted him we agreed on a price and made arrangements to meet at the trailer the following Sunday. He was to call back with a time and address, never heard from him.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
There is no such thing as a "court in it's right mind."

The court is run by lawyers. The judge is a lawyer. (politicians are mostly laywers too) They all belong to the same club. Thier only purpose in life is to enrich eachother.

Stay far far away from lawyers. Stay far far away from anything to do with our legal / political system.
I excercise my right to vote at every opportunity. Beyond that, I run under the radar. When one of them spots me, I pay them what they ask, and dissappear under the radar again.

Note the same rant applies to doctors too, except they belong to a different club, and hate politicians and lawyers as much as we do.
To keep it brief... you are completely incorrect. What disturbs me more is a citizen of the US would even think that way.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
There is no such thing as a "court in it's right mind."

The court is run by lawyers. The judge is a lawyer. (politicians are mostly laywers too) They all belong to the same club. Thier only purpose in life is to enrich eachother.

Stay far far away from lawyers. Stay far far away from anything to do with our legal / political system.
I excercise my right to vote at every opportunity. Beyond that, I run under the radar. When one of them spots me, I pay them what they ask, and dissappear under the radar again.

Note the same rant applies to doctors too, except they belong to a different club, and hate politicians and lawyers as much as we do.

+1

Laws are written by lawyers, primarily for the benefit and enrichment of lawyers.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #32
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
Thanks for all your kinds words. I guess the next week or two will play it out. I have saved the phone messages and have 2 witnesses to support my side of this story.

You know I have really learned my lesson here. A few months ago I stopped where a 5th wheel was on the side of the road and the guys hood was open. He said it lost power and that he could drive the truck to the Ford dealer but needed the 5th wheel towed to a local camp ground. I helped him unhook the truck and towed his 5th wheel to the camp ground.

When we got there he went inside and came out with the paper work and told me site C-22. I pulled the 5th wheel to the site, backed it in and watched him leave without even saying thanks... I guess the world is a much different place than it was when I was growing up.
Don't let the poor actions of others detract from your mission to provide good will to others. You will be tested along the way but you will receive rewards in the end.

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly, even if they roll a few stones upon it."

- Albert Schweitzer

Don't let the actions of others define you. Let your own actions, despit of others, define you.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
What a mess. I still don't understand why the police arrested you just on the guy's word without hearing your side of the story.
Simple - the police were simply doing their job, which was to execute an arrest warrant. It's not their job to try the case - that's the court's job...
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Sometimes, when you read a story like this one, you just shake your head.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
I like Taz's approach. If we're helpful to people, once in a while we'll get burned. Let him go, his own stuff will come around and get him sooner or later. My 2 cents.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #36

I hope this story gets a justifiable ending to it.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #37

Quote:
I love my dog.
People suck. Even my wife and kids suck, compared to my dog.
The above quote is just what the Doctor ordered! Thanks for the laugh!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #38

Unhappy Not a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
I hope this story gets a justifiable ending to it.
Not really, Went to court today by myself (no lawyer) and waited 2 hrs for my case to come up. The judge called the case and the idiot didn't show up. The judge dismissed the case.

I asked the judge if something was going to be done to the idiot for filing a false arrest warrant and the judge said "we haven't proved that so no".

I asked if this arrest would be on my record and he said "yes"

I asked what were my options to clear my name and he said "talk to your lawyer"

So now I have spent hours driving to get the idiots 5th wheel, in jail, getting bond, going to court just because of this idiot and now I have spent over $400 going for his 5th wheel and the bond money and all I have to show for it is a record of being arrested for theft. I guess I now know how to get revenge on someone.

Glad I'm retired and don't need to get a job....
Old 03-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #39

Thor Owners Club
you're retired with time on your hands, figure out a plan to get this idiot into small claims court. Its cheap to file a claim and you can represent yourself, if the idiot doesnt show up for his civil trial you get the judgement, which of course he won't pay. Then, because your retired and have lots of time on your hands, you can file for an enforcement order on the judgement. In the meantime you've been saving a dollar here and a dollar there and when you have your enforcment order and have it served for peanuts, you can hire a baliff to seize his property. You can even invite your friends along and line up lawn chairs and watch the goings on. If you do it the right way, you can have more fun then watching reality TV. Go get em. These numptys expect that your gonna run away and they never suffer consequences. Like I said your retired and now you have a project.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #40

I learned this the hard way-it's a 'legal' system not a 'justice' system. Get a lawyer.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
you're retired with time on your hands, figure out a plan to get this idiot into small claims court. Its cheap to file a claim and you can represent yourself, if the idiot doesnt show up for his civil trial you get the judgement, which of course he won't pay. Then, because your retired and have lots of time on your hands, you can file for an enforcement order on the judgement. In the meantime you've been saving a dollar here and a dollar there and when you have your enforcment order and have it served for peanuts, you can hire a baliff to seize his property. You can even invite your friends along and line up lawn chairs and watch the goings on. If you do it the right way, you can have more fun then watching reality TV. Go get em. These numptys expect that your gonna run away and they never suffer consequences. Like I said your retired and now you have a project.
Excellent idea!! I 2nd this approach. If nothing else, it will give you the satisfaction you most certainly deserve. I wonder how many times he's pulled this kind of crap with other people and gotten away with it? You have the perfect opportunity to hit him where it hurts the most. Go for it!
Trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #42

"Two wrongs won't make it right."