Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #71

""""Laws protect the crimimals!""""

I think most of the laws are made by the criminals (politicians).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #72

Here's what it reads:

KNOWN ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENT:

"That Tony Slimeball, as Lender, hereafter called Assignor, does by these presents sell, convey, assign, transfer and set over unto Dunner Dude as to a $3,100 interest in (1) the Deed of Trust, dated February 24, 2004, wherein Valerie Slimeball is the Trustor, Jake D. Shyster, Esq., is the Trustee, and Tony Slimeball, is the Beneficiary, and (2) all other documents and instruments executed in connection therewith(collectively, the "Loan Documents")."

"This Assignment is given and accepted subject to all of the terms and conditions contained in the Loan Documents."

At the bottom is a note that says: Interest accrues at $50.00 per month, Beginning January 1, 2004. Last I heard, he moved to Columbia and got married.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibase View Post
I know bikers that work much cheaper than lawyers. They always win their case-If you know what I mean! They don't have to physically harm the guy to give him a big case of fear and a lot of lost sleep. In business I had an employee, whose brother looked almost as evil as Manson and was as big as a mountain. He would simply go to the door to tell the debtor that he was there to pick up the money they owed. He never threatened anybody. His look did the job. The truth was, he was an ex Hells Angel who had turned his life around and was now an ordained pastor who made the bikers his life mission. He would not hurt a fly and had become a fantastic man. He kept the look so the bikers would be open to his ministry. I once went to hear him preach. That was the most scary looking group of church people, I had ever seen.

That all said, don't let him get away with it. Just let everybody in your town know what he put you through. The word will spread.
I once bought a guitar on Ebay and the guy in Miami didn't ship it. After going through all the BS I called on my friends in the Outlaws to pay him a visit. $200 it cost me but they delivered the guitar and a case I didn't pay for within a week. 35 Outlaws showing up on his front door made him see the light.

I don't think that will work here but I'm going to file a civil lawsuit on Monday and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'll call my friends. I'm more worried about my criminal record now than the money. It will bite me down the road so if I can get enough money to pay my lawyer to clear my record It's a lesson learned.

I can't believe this happened by trying to help someone out. I'm from Tn and was brought up to respect people and do what's right. I guess this guy from Texas has different values. I just learned he went back to Texas so even serving him will be difficult.

A few years ago one of my employees embezzled $160k from me and she is still on the run. It has cost me 35k just to get a warrant. By the time they find her the money will be long gone. I think I'm done trying to help people and will just look out for myself which is not the way I was brought up.

Thanks for all your advice and support...
Bill
MRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #74

You do what you think is right, you get sued.
You do something wrong, you get sued.
You don't do anything, you get sued.
You can't even mind your own business, and you still get sued.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm, I'm no lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. But isn't a "criminal record" when you've actually been convicted of a crime? I don't think an arrest is any indication of guilt, so would that even show up on a background check?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
Not really, Went to court today by myself (no lawyer) and waited 2 hrs for my case to come up. The judge called the case and the idiot didn't show up. The judge dismissed the case.

I asked the judge if something was going to be done to the idiot for filing a false arrest warrant and the judge said "we haven't proved that so no".

I asked if this arrest would be on my record and he said "yes"

I asked what were my options to clear my name and he said "talk to your lawyer"

So now I have spent hours driving to get the idiots 5th wheel, in jail, getting bond, going to court just because of this idiot and now I have spent over $400 going for his 5th wheel and the bond money and all I have to show for it is a record of being arrested for theft. I guess I now know how to get revenge on someone.

Glad I'm retired and don't need to get a job....
There is no conviction for a crime. An arrest is an arrest. You can't erase that. I'm not positive, but I think you are under arrest when stopped for a traffic violation.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #77

Don't throw good money after bad.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hmmmm, I'm no lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. But isn't a "criminal record" when you've actually been convicted of a crime? I don't think an arrest is any indication of guilt, so would that even show up on a background check?
I have a criminal record because I was charged with the crime but later had the charges dropped by the courts. The criminal record check I had done so that I could volunteer to teach youngsters naval tradition came back that I had a criminal record. It shows on the CRC that the charges were thrown out by the courts and when I queried the local RCMP why I had this shown as a criminal record they claim it was because of the criminal charge and had nothing to do with the end result in court. I asked how I could get that bit straightened out and have that expunged from my record and I was told they could give me a form to fill out and send it with a $100.00 certified cheque to the Ottawa RCMP headquarters and they could remove it from my record. I was not convicted of anything but it will cost me money to get the CRIMINAL charge removed from my record. I am lead to believe this holds true for your government and its courts of law as well.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #79

I'm afraid to know what's on file about me. I haven't seen anybody watching me, but that doesn't mean they're not.

"Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

Old 03-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #80

Don't get mad, don't get even, get one better.
If you mess me over, there will be payback.
Don't tell me two wrongs don't make a right, turn the other cheek, Karma will take care of him,
what goes around comes around, whine, whine, whine, what a bunch of nannies.
You need to nail him and nail him hard, legal or not. Make him pay, a lot.
That is my opinion and if you don't like it, cry me a river.

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:35 AM   #81

That's kinda my line, Sequim; Don't get even, get ahead.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #82
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe in karma....

Be the karma!

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #83

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
I'm from Tn and was brought up to respect people and do what's right. I guess this guy from Texas has different values.
He may, but most of us native Texans don't.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #84

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
They should have, but blamed his lawyer who was the go between on the house proceeds. Forget what he was called.
You probably couldn't have printed it here anyway.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote