Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #337

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Txiceman, I said in a previous post that there needs to be a balance for unions to work which is why I don't favor Municipal unions, there is no offset of power. Teachers also to an extent. The threats work on both sides, I had a non union plumber try to run me down on a picket line, I have a friend who was run over on a line. I've also seen a contractor pull a gun on a Business Agent. So the violence is not one sided. But thankfully those days are fading. I've seen my share of crooked officials and worked to have them voted out. That all doesn't change the fact that there has always been a concerted effort by some politicians to destroy the unions in the US.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #338

As I hjave stated many times befoe, I was against the Wall Street bailouts. They are different, they affect credit which affects everything. I saw the reasonin, but was still agaisnt them. I am devinately agaisnt the auto bailouts and jsut about everybody else in the growing linhe for taxpayer bailouts. In the free market being sucess get you growth and being unsucessful gets you out of business. Screwing with that proven system where failure is rewarded brings koas. The is still a chance the Big Three could be in the sucessful bunch, but the huge egos of people inviolved are going to bring them down. Taxpayers do not deserve to subsidize failure and teh big three are failures not doubt about it. The 12 foreign companies are eatting their lunch and they want the taspayer to pony up the difference. big deal.Please excuse my typing, I am at my daughters and don't have spell check.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #339

To see why the vote on the auto bailout went the way it went in the Senate- Google "ACTION ALERT-AUTO BAILOUT". It pretty much explains why some of the Senators voted the way they did. Indiana Journey
Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #340

Fleetwood Owners Club
Indiana, why make them search here it is

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:12 AM
To:
Subject: Action Alert -- Auto Bailout
Today at noon, Senators Ensign, Shelby, Coburn and DeMint will hold a press conference in the Senate Radio/TV Gallery. They would appreciate our support through messaging and attending the press conference, if possible. The message they want us to deliver is:
1. This is the Democrats first opportunity to payoff organized labor after the election. This is a precursor to card check and other items. Republicans should stand firm and take their first shot against organized labor, instead of taking their first blow from it.
2. This rush to judgment is the same thing that happened with the TARP. Members did not have an opportunity to read or digest the legislation and therefore could not understand the consequences of it. We should not rush to pass this because Detroit says the sky is falling.
The sooner you can have press releases and documents like this in the hands of members and the press, the better. Please contact me if you need additional information. Again, the hardest thing for the democrats to do is get 60 votes. If we can hold the Republicans, we can beat this.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #341

hondo122, I'm still learning how to "cut and paste" Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. Indiana Journey
Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #342

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by indiana journey:
hondo122, I'm still learning how to "cut and paste" Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. Indiana Journey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No problem, anything a brother can do to help.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:12 AM   #343

I can not imagine howanybody could possibly be for the cardcheck bill. The secret ballot is a part of American histroy and a right. How can they try to take it away and have people looking over your shoulder when you vote. This is unamerican.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #344

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lindsay Richards:
I can not imagine howanybody could possibly be for the cardcheck bill. The secret ballot is a part of American histroy and a right. How can they try to take it away and have people looking over your shoulder when you vote. This is unamerican. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lindsay, read the bill yourself, no where does it take away private ballots. Look who is for and against the bill, it's pretty much down the line.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #345
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by indiana journey:
hondo122, I'm still learning how to "cut and paste" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>IJ, Cut and paste shortcuts.

Use the left mouse button, hold it down over the text you want to copy and drag the mouse left or right until the text you want is highlighted. If it highlights too much start over.

Press and hold the "CTRL" key and then tap "C"

Those keystrokes "C"opy the selected text into the copy buffer.

Find a suitable location to insert what you just copied.

Press and hold the "CTRL" key and then tap the "V" key.

The copied text will be placed right where you specified with the point of the "V"

Works each and every time .... I guarantee!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 12-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #346

The bill says that if 50% of he affected people sign cards, then there sis no secret ballot election as has always been the case. Having ben thru one of these drives I know for a fact that union intimidation does happen and happen big. The secret ballot is eliminated. This is fact. Read it again. NO ELECTION at all if over 50% cards. This is unamerican and must be stopped. I am for elections in secret not haivng the union go to people's houses and make them sign. This is wrong. Scret ballots and elections are the Americna way. Union's should not be against secret ballot elections, byt they are and their $400 million political donations might just take away this basic American principle.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #347

Fleetwood Owners Club
To all whom I agree or disagree with, which I guess covers pretty much every one. Have a safe and happy Holiday, we can continue this after all the celebrations are over.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #348

hondo122, Thanks for the help Brother, we need to stand together for the good of everyone. DriVer, Thanks for the instructions, I will try them next time I need to "get my point across" Also, thanks for starting this thread, it has opened my eyes to the other "points of view" in this great nation of ours. To everyone taking part in the many threads of irv2, Merry Christmas! Indiana Journey
Old 12-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #349

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know this will tick all you union people off but Studebaker and International Car went out of business due to Unions. Many a coal mine in Penn, Va, and Utah closed because they could not afford to pay the Union pays. My daughter cannot get a job teaching because she is in the bracket as a teacher that they will not pay for her to teach. And yet schools cry because they dont have enough teachers. Get rid of unions and they would have. Unions at one time shut down the airline industry until the president had to break it and force the issue. Several large trash collection companies also closed down due to union pay requirements so dont tell me they help when they have caused as many people to go jobless as they have helped. And Saturn was not Union when they opened but are now and they were solvent until gm took over and forced the union issue, because UAW forced it, both my sons quit saturn for that reason and that reason only.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #350
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MtManLee:
I know this will tick all you union people off but Studebaker and International Car went out of business due to Unions. Many a coal mine in Penn, Va, and Utah closed because they could not afford to pay the Union pays. My daughter cannot get a job teaching because she is in the bracket as a teacher that they will not pay for her to teach. And yet schools cry because they dont have enough teachers. Get rid of unions and they would have. Unions at one time shut down the airline industry until the president had to break it and force the issue. Several large trash collection companies also closed down due to union pay requirements so dont tell me they help when they have caused as many people to go jobless as they have helped. And Saturn was not Union when they opened but are now and they were solvent until gm took over and forced the union issue, because UAW forced it, both my sons quit saturn for that reason and that reason only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if it were NOT for the Unions we could all still be working in sweat shop conditions, seven days a week, 16 or more hours a day, with NO vacations, holidays (Like today)or any of the other things everyone takes for granted now................

Closed Thread