Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #141

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Republic with a Capitalistic Economy..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #142

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Is it just me or does anyone one else find it a little disturbing that the Tobacco workers are grouped into a union for Bakers and Confectioners?
Maybe they should call it "The Vice Squad".

Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #143

Newmar Owners Club
While we are waiting for the outcome of tuesdays meetings:

(Hostess has stressed that sacrifices were made across-the-board at the company, though workers may feel like they've given up far more than executives. As the Wall Street Journal reported, the company's four top executives agreed earlier this year to work for a salary of $1 until Hostess emerged from bankruptcy -- but only after enjoying raises of 75 to 80 percent in 2011, when the company had already hired restructuring lawyers.)

How generous of them ......
Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #144

Newmar Owners Club
Well its over:
Hostess closing gets OK from judge - Nov. 21, 2012
Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #145
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
You may have heard that Hostess Bakery plants shut down due to a workers' strike.

But you may not have heard how it was split up. The State Department hired all the
Twinkies, the Secret Service hired all the HoHos, the generals are sleeping with the
Cupcakes and the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #146

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
You may have heard that Hostess Bakery plants shut down due to a workers' strike.

But you may not have heard how it was split up. The State Department hired all the
Twinkies, the Secret Service hired all the HoHos, the generals are sleeping with the
Some has creative time available!!! Love it!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #147

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #148

Gulf Streamers Club
Just a little to add to the story as the saga continues

Hostess Workers' Pension Money Diverted For Other Uses: Report
2010 Harley Ultra Classic
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing
Alot of mis-information about Unions here. Tell me what's wrong with getting paid decent wage, benefits , pension and have somebody helping you make sure you get what's coming to you ? Everyone I meet is jealous of what I have because of being in a Union . I just Retired after spending 37 years working my butt off building Freeway Bridges and now I'm enjoying a Union pension, I don't feel for one minute that I skated along screwing my employers because I was Union, I earned it . Have you seen the Hostess CEO got a 300% increase in pay, maybe that had some bearing on their problems... Ya think ?
A whole lot of " I earned it", " get what's coming to me", "working my butt off", suppose non union workers loaf all day?? And who cares how much a CEO is getting paid. The fore mention quotes from above should be credited to the Boss...not an employee who should be thankful he's even it a job. The new American, stick it to the man philosophy...
Old 01-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #150

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
When the top shielf at any company that is failing is still taking bonus's and gross wage increases as the company falls to the ground who would you exactly put the blame on if you only had one guess?
During the auto industries bailout if I remember right our commander and chief fired a CEO in detroit for this? I might be wrong.....
Too bad we didn't bail out Tweenkies inc. Then we could own 3 failing corporations that only survive because the are propped up by the Gov.

2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote