Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
The thread sure slowed down?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #72
laj

I just quite simply pointed out the obvious. Now if it were possible how many think the vote would go the same way if they could have a re- vote. They tried to play Hostess, the investors and quite simply lost. No name calling at all.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #73

Retirement age at 62 or 65? Having to actually pay (a very low percentage of the cost) for your own medical care ? Get a bonus just for signing a contract that allows you to continue to work at your same job? Gee - makes me wanna cry!
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hostess CEO's Yearly Salary Tripled from $750K to $2.5 Mil, As It Blames Labor For Bankruptcy

They say his salary, but that doesn't include bonuses. What was his income including bonuses.

Might as well get all the numbers, not just half.

The company's time was up no matter what.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
They say his salary, but that doesn't include bonuses. What was his income including bonuses.

Might as well get all the numbers, not just half.

The company's time was up no matter what.
Study to your hearts content
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Retirement age at 62 or 65? Having to actually pay (a very low percentage of the cost) for your own medical care ? Get a bonus just for signing a contract that allows you to continue to work at your same job? Gee - makes me wanna cry!
For 27 years now I have been looking forward to retiring at 59/12, $5,000 out of pocket for medical compared to -0- makes me sad, loosing something in this world makes most people cry, if you don't loose something no need for tears.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Study to your hearts content

It the one thing I'm having trouble finding. I can fin total compensation for just about all other CEO's out there.

However a little history reading of MR. Rayburn has been interesting. Seems this is his specialty.

I need to figure out a way to make millions while riding dieing companies through bankruptcy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #78

He replaced Brian J. Driscoll solely for this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #79

For a laugh, check E-Bay and do a search for "twinkies"

The prices they are asking is unbelievable
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #80

Every company has to live within the competitive ecology of its customers. Period.

Every job & every cost is subject to that constraint. Hostess isn't immune. Twinkies vie w/local cupcake shops & a wide variety of other snack foods, Wonder Bread ditto. If you can't produce your product economically you will fail & nobody will have a job. Whining (whether in management or labor) about "living wage" nonsense doesn't address customer choice and the price a product will fetch. The price of a Twinkie has to be competitive, and that places real world, customer driven constraints on paychecks in every industry. Unions have a "hostage" business model, but don't seem to grasp that the hostage situation has to telegraph through to the consumer who has choice. If you can't take the consumer hostage, the job will only pay what the value added is, so if the value is small to the consumer the pay will be also.

I've was in a union, been in mgmt, been an owner-operator. Smartest words I've ever heard on the subject came from a life long Democrat & son of the Great Depression, Joe Chevreaux- "First thing a man needs for quality of life is a job." I think anybody who misses that point misses the whole point. Change is never comfortable, but its inevitable. 92% of something is better than 0%. And if 92% isn't enough, you are either spending more than you can afford, or you need to find more lucrative employment real soon.

I agree w/the previous comment that we lost ground on every strike. While a few strikes might have been temporary "wins," the general trend was down. Retail Clerk's are a shell of their previous glory. We did jobs a trained monkey could do, and faced a perennial onslaught of 92% situations as customer's choices blossomed. Water seeks its own level, and in any industry where the customers are not hostages who have to pay whatever you ask, trained people doing ridiculously menial work will be replaced by mechanical or computerized trained monkeys. If you couldn't figure out that being a Retail Clerk wasn't the road to easy street, you probably also had a tough time w/Joe's point.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #81

As retired Exec. Mgment ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Another company will buy the name and other assets and keep them going. Don't worry.
The answer is 'no' unless all the Union contracts are tossed out. Even then, as an Investment Banker I'd have to think long and hard before I put in a dime. Iconic brands, but there are dozens who produce comparable products.

One small Union shot this business in the foot. To listen to the 'Fearless Leaders' they don't give a flying frack. The 18,500'ish out of work will have to think this one through for them selves.

In today's situation, they will have lots of time. Will 'OweBama' bail them out? Rather doubt it as this is not a 'sexie industry.' Will someone buy the parts out? Strongly doubt it; what would be the point?

EM above perfectly made the point. You're bucks up, in business, if you can't make a profit, there's no point.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #82

Sorry but paying 0 for medical in retirement is one of those unrealistic and unsustainable demands/perks required of business's when the going was good. That your after retirement benefits are affected is of course a hit to you and something you did not plan for, and I do in fact appreciate your position. However, it has never (in my view) been the responsibility of any business to provide health care for their retirees or a pension for that matter. Companies should perhaps provide avenues for their workers to save and perhaps match their contributions. But as we have found out defined benefit plans for the most part crumble under their own weight and can take both the employees and company (not to mention town, cities, and perhaps a very large state) under.

Hope things work out for you.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #83

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Sorry but paying 0 for medical in retirement is one of those unrealistic and unsustainable demands/perks required of business's when the going was good. That your after retirement benefits are affected is of course a hit to you and something you did not plan for, and I do in fact appreciate your position. However, it has never (in my view) been the responsibility of any business to provide health care for their retirees or a pension for that matter. Companies should perhaps provide avenues for their workers to save and perhaps match their contributions. But as we have found out defined benefit plans for the most part crumble under their own weight and can take both the employees and company (not to mention town, cities, and perhaps a very large state) under.

Hope things work out for you.
I understand what you are saying but, up untill last contract workers and retiries have enjoyed full medical benifits till death due to the nature of our work I suppose (crude refining) Till now everyone that retired from my place of employment had select blue or years ago always really good insurance. It is hard to loose something that one has had for a long time but easy to start at ground level and know nothing of what people once had. In my case the man that owns the company where I work is not wanting for much, when company came to us back in the 90's and were trying to get out of being bank-rup (he bought it this way and saw light at the end of the tunnel) we agreed to take consessions for him and our jobs. We were told in todays world "everyone is doing it" so as the story goes. wildtoad, here is what my boss did after our contract if you care to read or have the time:
Billionaire Catsimatidis Buys Long Island Oil Terminal From Phillips 66 - Forbes
Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #84
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP1268
For a laugh, check E-Bay and do a search for "twinkies"

The prices they are asking is unbelievable
Are they thinking they will be worth lots later on, or just don't want to miss poisoning their body one last time.