Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #1

Not funny. Really. Not funny.

So I'm motorcoachin' along I-10 on my way to the house. Hardly any traffic. Suddenly a HP car beside me beeps his siren and has the blue lights goin'. 'What the.......I mean......heck? Pull to the shoulder. HP pulls down the right side so I get up and open the coach door. "Good afternoon, sir. Were you towing a silver Dakota pick up?" I must have turned grey. I'm staring at the guy in disbelief. "I lost my truck?" I stammered. "Naw. Its still hooked on and your lights are working. But you did leave this at the Flying J." And hands me my wallet. I looked at him and said, "Your azz is fired." He cracked up. "If you could have seen your face. Sorry for the prank but your on my route and I thought you'd like the wallet back." "Oh yeah. Thanks. Now that was a good one. And your still fired." With that we got back on the road.
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #2

It could have been worse.

You could have had a warrant for a parking ticket in 1994.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In reading I thought for sure you lost your toad [wow]. I'm sure your expression it gave him plenty to laugh about that day. Nice to see all went well and you didn't loose your wallet.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
HP with a sense of humor! You gotta like that for a change and then throw in the kindness act of driving your wallet to you! Wow!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Not MH related, but a similar story. Back in the late seventies, I was driving across Texas and stopped for gas in a small town. After the fill-up, I was merrily driving along, appx 6 miles from town, when I noticed a pick-up behind me. As he got closer, he began waving his arm out the window. I first thought he wanted to pass, as it was a two-lane road, I slowed and eased closer to the edge of the highway to give him room to do so. He stayed behind me and kept waving, so I stopped. A young teen got out of the pick-up and walked to my window with my gas cap in his hand! I was so shocked that all I could say was "Thanks". He smiled and turned around and left so quickly that I didn't even think to offer him a tip.
I doubt many would make that kind of effort today.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,

That is one of the better ones I have heard. Gave me a good chuckle.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #7

I know and wont say who but not me, someone who fueled and then drove down the road to be stopped by a trooper who told him look in the back of the pickup camper. His wife was missing . He got all flustered and the trooper told him relax the other car is bringing her in a couple of minutes but I think she is a little hot. It cost him for years over that one. He says it was her fault for not telling him she got out to go get coffee.... You cant win motorhomes are a lot safer.....
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
I know and wont say who but not me, someone who fueled and then drove down the road to be stopped by a trooper who told him look in the back of the pickup camper. His wife was missing . He got all flustered and the trooper told him relax the other car is bringing her in a couple of minutes but I think she is a little hot. It cost him for years over that one. He says it was her fault for not telling him she got out to go get coffee.... You cant win motorhomes are a lot safer.....
A campground we use regularly has a sign at the exit:

Steps Folded?
Awning Retracted?
Sewer Hose Stored?
Spouse on board?
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
A campground we use regularly has a sign at the exit:

Steps Folded?
Awning Retracted?
Sewer Hose Stored?
Spouse on board?
and
Is your antenna down?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So not, so so not, so so oh so not funny !!!!! But here I am, LMAO
Old 07-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
doc

Appalachian Campers
Friends of mine were headed to Colorado for an elk hunt. One of them was in the back, sleeping. They stop for gas in Kansas and both up front head inside. Unknown to them, guy in the rear gets out and heads to the men's room. Front two finished paying and came back to the truck and head west, not checking on the man in the rear. Rear guy comes back and finds the truck gone. Panics and gets some guy at the truck stop to chase the truck, paying him $50 for his trouble. They catch the truck a few miles down the road, but the driver ignores the chase car figuring is was some sort of greenie yelling and shaking their fists out the window. When traffic allowed, they pull along side and my pal yells and finally has to get the chase driver to stop in front so he can get out and stop the truck. Needless to say they checked the rear from then on and counted noses.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #12

Dang I would have soiled my underwear for nothing but you did get your wallet back.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
Not MH related, but a similar story. Back in the late seventies, I was driving across Texas and stopped for gas in a small town. After the fill-up, I was merrily driving along, appx 6 miles from town, when I noticed a pick-up behind me. As he got closer, he began waving his arm out the window. I first thought he wanted to pass, as it was a two-lane road, I slowed and eased closer to the edge of the highway to give him room to do so. He stayed behind me and kept waving, so I stopped. A young teen got out of the pick-up and walked to my window with my gas cap in his hand! I was so shocked that all I could say was "Thanks". He smiled and turned around and left so quickly that I didn't even think to offer him a tip.
I doubt many would make that kind of effort today.
That's just the Texas (well, Hill Country anyhow) way.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You must have been on I-10 headed west. The only Flying J on I-10 is west of Tallahassee. Aren 't our troopers kind.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote