Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #15

My only 'kids' are Great Danes.... I only have to deal with my own ,,, ah,,, mistakes.... which somehow never cease to exsist.....
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #16

When our kids left home, we changed the locks !
Old 10-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #17
bap

i will tell on myself,,, the dw and i bought 2 new 99 mustangs back in 98,,she never let me drive hers ---but one day i drove hers to work on the way home i stopped at the same station i always did used the same pump i always did and filled it up then paid and left.....driving down the highway just fine i run into construction zone when i let off the peddle to slow down to the 55 mph, it started spitting and sputtering then smoked like james bond hit the smoke screen button,,,,yup i had filled her up with diesel fuel.....the tanker had put the wrong fuel in the wrong holding tank....it still cost me 1k bucks to have it fixed,,,if im correct the nozzel on diesel is to big to fit in a regular gas filler hole....please correct me if im wrong....because the station would not even listen to me...and it was the same nozzle i used eveery day...
i should have fought it in court but it was cheaper to just have the dealer fix it than have my lawyer and time off work.....lol...needless to say im not allowed to drive her cars anymore....lol
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Come on guys, we were all young and did something bone headed that made our parents shake their heads. Well you guy's anyway! Ha Ha!
I know I did a couple things that I hate to admit to only to be repaid by my own offspring. It is Karma.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:54 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
And ! What a fun Sunday Morning Thread Read!!! Even My Cup Of Joe was envious!
Mine are in the Late 20's & Mid Thirties, Oh You All Brought Back A Flood Of Wonderful Memories, Happy, Sad, Funny, "IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY"!
Heard a Comedian say once, "My kid was 18 and Called Me The Dumbest SOB To Walk The Face Of The Earth"!. At 21 I over Heard Him Tell His Friend, "My Dad Is The Smartest Man I Know, It's Just Amazing What He Learned In Just A Few Short Years"!.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Come on guys, we were all young and did something bone headed that made our parents shake their heads. Well you guy's anyway! Ha Ha!
I know I did a couple things that I hate to admit to only to be repaid by my own offspring. It is Karma.
At my age the tides have changed. When I do "something bone headed" its my daughter and granddaughter who "shake their heads"!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #21
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
bap,
Been to many a station where the nozzle was the small variety for diesel. The truck stops typically have the larger flow nozzles.

BTW, all, isn't it BP that has the green handle for regular gasoline. Be careful and always read the pump labels.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
YOu say its the 2nd time he did it.. Let me tell you a pair of stories. I like this cause I can tell you two stories without a whole lot of typing.

Story 1:
Troopers spot a Tanker Truck (10,000 gallons) going down the freeway spraying contents and where the spray lands the grass browns... Stop it.

I make contact with Cem-Track and the shipper.. Turns out it is a concentrated cleaner, The formula is half water, and the other half is a Chlorine Bleach product (i forget which one) and Potassium Hydroxide (Also known as lye and Potash)..

Shipper can not understand what happened. Here is the story of that:

They had thousands of gallons to ship so they called a truck company for a tanker.. The dispatcher/order taker at the truck company said "Stainless or Aluminum" the CEO tuned to his chief chemist and relayed the question, She said "What's the difference" He relayed the question and the dispatcher said "Stainless is more expensive" she said "Aluminum shoudl be OK"

Lye water in an aluminum tanker.............

Visit the hardware store there is a product there called Crystal Draino.. It consists of Lye and Aluminum shavings.. Add water to activate.

I can tell you it sure opened drains on that tanker truck.

Now story #2.. About 15-20 years later

Same company, Same CEO, Same Chemist, Same discussion, Same result Same story (See I told you it would not take a lot of extra typing)

Only thing the Haz-Mat officer (Same one of those too) and I could figure is she (Chemist) was sleeping with Him (CEO) cause she should have been fired the first time she totaled a multi thousand dollar load of product and trank trailer.

I mean. A lowely POLICE DISPATCHER knows more about her product than she does (OK so I do have a degree (Assoicates in Applied Science) and I DID major in Sciences (And math) (And electronics) but.. HEY.

She should know more about it than I do.