Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
It aint the royalties Wayne, it's all those ''Sailorfied'', oops I mean ''Satisfied'' happy ladies that are gonna love this old salt for instructing their Jarhead, Fly boys, Weekend worrier, Dog face, Shallow water sailors and Reservist fellas about the ''ways and means'' of an ''old salt'' sailor concerning the appreciation of their ladies and how to ''really show it''......
Can you imagine all the huggs and thank you's (not counting the dimes) I'll be getting from these smiling satisfied ladies? Shux, I will probably be rich, maybe, probably, possibly........

God bless our troops and bring them home real soon.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Any kind of ''baby oil'' will do or you can use mineral oil just as well.
Quote:
Heat it in the sink under hot water. NOT IN THE MICRO WAVE. it can melt the bottle or explode..... BOOM... very distracting and messy also....
Test it on ''the inside of your arm'' for the proper temp. Very warm but not ''HOT"...
Light a couple of scented candles.
Put a large beach towel on the bed.....

Seajay,

I'm sure glad I bought that good long range wireless router for the laptop. Actually I'm surprised it works way out here in the garage. (Where I am spending the night after taking your advice.)

Normally your tips have a lot more detail, but you must have been in a hurry so I would like to add some clarifications.

I only got as far as getting the beach towel on the bed before Carol walked in screaming ........And now I thought it best to spend the next few nites out in the garage till she cools off. Hmmmmmm ... If she slept in here she would cool off in no time cause its 24 degrees in here........ but anyway here’s what happened.

Good idea not using the microwave I must admit but I still had quite the mess. Put the stopper in the sink.....filled sink up half way with hot water ( 125 F to 130 F) and poured in bout a half a quart of mineral oil (highest mineral content I could find) cause I know minerals are good for the muscles and sore bones.

I had to push it down a couple of times cause the oil is lighter than the water and floats on the top...... then had to wait about five minutes before it looked like oil again. Took a coffee cup (my trusty bean can was outside froze to ground) and scooped it out and put it in a fancy salad bowl.( To add to the romantic atmosphere)

The oil already had a rather sweet smell so I decided to take one of those small 2" round candles Carol uses for heating up those aluminum banquet trays and float it on top of the oil in the salad bowl.

I sat the salad bowl on the dinette table lit the candle and proceeded to drain the sink and dim the lights Now I put the bedroom slide out and got a beach towel out of the closet and spread it out on the bed.

I heard Carol pull in with the car so I hurried to find a nice soothing CD. I don’t think I would have had the problem if I had set my leveling jacks down first, but moving around quick in the coach the candle lipped a little and caught the oil on fire, which looked pretty neat but set off the smoke detector and the smoke was a little black.

That’s when Carol opened the door, and never gave me the chance to explain what happened. My suggestion is maybe keep the oil in the bottle when warming it up and stick with scented Baby oil instead of the mineral oil. I was looking for a high mineral content oil at Auto Zone and picked the 80 / 90 Gear Oil.

Now I thought it had a rather sweet smell but is does throw off a nasty black smoke if accidentally lit, and is also hard to get off the sides of the sink.
The label claimed it was compatible with rubber seals so at least I can check off lubing my gray water tank valve seals.

We plan to head to Florida next week for a month or so and I’m sure she will get over it by then.

By the way…….Ya got any tips for getting the black soot off our kitchen ceiling?

Paul

pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
SNIP
Word to the wise. If you have a ''choice''..... 'choose a nurse'......

Nuff said for now....
I told my sons years ago if you want to pick up women stand outside the hospital and pick up a nurse. You won't be disappointed. Plus they will always have a job and can support you.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
NOTE TO PAUL.
One. How long were you in the Marine Corp my friend?......lol....
Two. Perhaps if I would type slower it might help. What do you think guy?
Three Perhaps Carol is not very understanding to your plight and your effort to ''please'' concerning her. Do you think it would help if I would send her a personal e mail and explain what a really nice guy you are even thought you seem to have problems with rather simple tasks.......lol.....
Four. Seriously, Thanks for the Input guy. I am sure I am not the only one that got a real ''kick'' and a good laugh out of your reply. You be safe coming to Florida and dont get lost. I am pretty sure it is South of where ever you may be coming from.
Try KaBoom for the smoke stain in the kitchen. It worked real good for me...lol......

Again,,,,,,, tks for the good laugh.....

Lets all pray for our troops that they are safe and coming home soon ........
Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #19
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seajay,
I have all that same loving that you get. All I have to do is tell my wife she can play cards.

Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, etc. Works the same as a nice dinner, candle light, and oil rub with less effort.

Paul, I tried your method a little differently. I spread the gear oil on me. It made me look like a different person. I thought maybe she would think she was changing her luck, but instead she called 911.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Answers For Seajay

One. My pappy was a sailor and tried his best to have me follow in his footsteps when I was of age. But after watching those exciting newsreels at the movie house I decided to be a real man and join the Army. Not till after I joined did I get to see Love Boat, and McHale’s Navy, knew I made a mistake and realized how good you sailors had it.

Two. That typing slower……… Really seemed to help…..Thanks…… LOL

Three. I think a personal e-mail might work if it came from Willa. For some unknown reason anytime I suggest a repair tip and mention your name she cringes with fear. I can’t imagine why………

Four.I was plotting out the route from Pennsylvania down to Florida and according to my Globe I should be OK. I figure if I keep the big water on my Port side (That’s the left in case ya forgot) and stay away from the edge I should be ok till I see big water on both the Port and Starboard sides……. And I am there!. I have to check my brakes cause it looks like it’s down hill all the way with a pretty steep grade right down to the Keys.

Carol is convinced that either you have a lot of shares of stock in KaBoom or that’s your real nickname ! I think part of it comes from your tips on extending the life of a gas grill and the propane adjustment guide. Two years ago I was ready to throw out our beloved grill until I ran across your repair tips. Following these guidelines I got another full year of remarkable service from that grill…… Thank You!

Once I am completely healed I would like to add a clarification to your igniter spark adjustment portion relative to the position of the bean can used as a replacement leg.

Note: When using bean can as leg, provide proper sized vent hole in top to minimize gas accumulation. Lack of this minor modification may lead to total destruction of an otherwise sound cherished grill.

Now, in the past two months ( Since my eyebrows grew back in) Carol seemed to have calmed down and forgot about that minor episode until she read your suggestion on using KaBoom to clean the ceiling……..Any other less terrifying sounding cleaners?

Wayne……… You and I have to sit Seajay down someday ( Maybe get together at a conveniently located Gin Mill ) and explain how we served this great country in the Marines and the Army rather than floating and bobbing around on the Love Boat !

I only wish you posted the effects of the Gear Oil a little earlier ……. It’s really cold in this garage! I have to look up one of your other suggestions that saved me last month.

I think it was when DW pointed out maybe putting the emergency brake on might solve the problem……….. I’ll explain that in another post…….
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Reply to Pauls ''reply'' to my ''reply'' on his ''comment to my statement'' concerning his '' comment to my suggestion'' concerning what ever the ''hay'' I was talkin about sometime earlier on this forum....
Paul, I can see that you done right by joining the Army. I will not go into a lengthy explanation of same but, trust me, we need good men in the Army too.

From now on I will type real slow and try to use short words and not use punctuation as it seems to confuse Marines. (''hay Sarge, what do the little ''dot'' thing at the end of a sentence mean Sarge.'') Stuff like that.
You be safe my Army friend and come on down to Fla. The temp was 75 today with a light breeze..
One more thing, I forgive you for being a ''Soldier'' instead of a ''Sailor''. You missed out on a lot of fun 'cause Sailors have a girl in every port........
Be safe.....

God bless our Vets. they insured our freedom for minimum wage most of the time........
Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #22
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Willa! Are you listening? Something said about "every port."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #23

Cool

LMAO ROFL