Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
NW Fall Colors Rally - Day 2, Seattle and into the Mountains

Evening folks, sorry for the delay in the continuation of tale of this trip, but needed a good Friday and a nice Perdomo - Lot 23 Churchill cigar to really dig into this undertaking and wrap it up (Well, that and the far better equipped wifi at my local favorite Cigar Bar, Greater Trumps, didn't hurt either.....)

For those that don't know it already, I'm a cigar Connoisseur, I enjoy cigars in the way that folks would enjoy a good Scotch, with a deliberate slowness of pace and copious rumination.

And no, I don't normally wear my hat backwards like a boob.

I only do that when I'm smoking indoors to keep the smoke out of my eyes and the heat from the infrared heaters above my head from baking my bald spot.

One of my favorite places to relax on the weekends (Aside from my Camper of course ) is at a good Cigar bar. Greater Trumps generally fits that bill and happens to be my favorite.

Some of the more important reasons I find to call my favorite are:

One because it's a little side bar in the historic Bagdad Theater in Portland, Oregon.

Two, because unlike the other couple Cigar Bars that I know of, it stays open the latest; Midnight Sunday - Thursday, and One AM on Friday and Saturdays.

Three, they serve a nice menu of food and the happy hour grub is actually edible (Plus they have my favorite drink a good hand made beer milkshake, Yum!)

Four, my friends and I have been coming with enough frequency that we now qualify as "regulars" and the two lovely female bartenders know exactly what we want and have it coming round to our table of choice for the evening the moment we set foot in the door (or window, the front windows trundle out of the way allowing patrons open space and still retain the warmth and comfort of being inside at the same time.

So, now you know, the tales of the Redneck Express come to from time to time from my nicotine stained fingers amongst many of my fellow cigar enthusiasts.

But, enough about my Friday evening libations, let me continue with my tale of my journey in the big Northwest Fall Colors Caravan.

The Journey of Redneck Express - NW Fall Colors Caravan, Day 2
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
One because it's a little side bar in the historic Bagdad Theater in Portland, Oregon.
I remember nights at the Benson Hotel. Portland, OR was a great expereince for me and not knowing the cigar bars in town is something I now regret.

If you are ever out this way, stop by Myrtle Beach, we'll take a road trip to Charleston's The Smoking Lamp.

We also have the largest pipe shop I expect in the world here in Little River, SC called Smoking Pipes. The have a very comfortable smoking room and a pretty good size walk in humidor.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
My personal favorite shop to buy at is Timber Valley over in Beaverton, Oregon. The moment you walk in the door, you're in a humidor.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
My personal favorite shop to buy at is Timber Valley over in Beaverton, Oregon. The moment you walk in the door, you're in a humidor.
Have you ever visited JRs is Salem, NC? Now that's a walk in humidor.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't believe there's a JR's left in Salem these days, there was a Whittaker's Tobbacos (Gone and now replaced with Avva Cigars and Wine), which was about the only large dedicated cigar shop left in the area.

There's was a JR's in Portland, but from what I've been seeing may be out of business.

Lately, I've been getting my cigars from the Scappoose Smoke Shop in Scappoose, Oregon which is the closest and while not of the largest of selections, has the best prices I've found.