Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Poor entitled folks...

Sorry that the automatic increases you've come to expect as your due are so paltry this year!
Compensated.. there's a different. Entitlements are for Welfare
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post

Social Security by all definitions is an entitlement. It is administered by what used to be called the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. Now it is called Health and Human Services. I'm not sure if there is a Department of Inhuman Services......at least not officially.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Even were your definition correct, the subject here is automatic increases.

An automatic check increase isn't compensation- it's a little uptick bonus to which some people think they're "entitled" every year, simply by virtue of the fact that they're getting a guaranteed check from Uncle Fed.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
Wow, thanks Mike! Looks like me and Clare will get about $3600 more per month. Can you do my taxes?

Unless that 1.7 was suppose to 1.7% or X .017. If that's the case, nevermind, I'll do my own taxes
I guess that means oops
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #33

ENOUGH OF THE COMPLAINING, AT LEAST WE CAN TAKE SOLICE IN THE FACT THAT THAT OUR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS DIDN'T GET THEIR RAISES LOWERED,..what, say what..
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #34

He knew what I meant, and for the first time in 30 years, I couldn't do my own taxes. Raymond James bought and sold about 30 of my funds and I didn't feel like listing all of them on my return. I told my broker that if he wasn't going to do my taxes, to just leave my stuff alone.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
He knew what I meant.
Master, you taught Grasshopper well. Now back on topic as we don't want to get 666'd.

Only part of my retirement is SS, about a third I guess, the rest is RR Retirement which usually has a small cola too. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Social Security by all definitions is an entitlement. It is administered by what used to be called the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. Now it is called Health and Human Services. I'm not sure if there is a Department of Inhuman Services......at least not officially.
I am compensated.. I am not on SS..
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
My statement says, when I am old enough, I will get X$s based upon what I have paid in while working. Never understood how if it is based upon monies paid in, how it became an entitlement, but hey who understands what goes on in the little hamster's mind driving the wheels in our elected official's head?????
Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

I agree to a point. However, you pay into it, so in essence it's not an "entitlement", at least in my eyes. When people draw from it that had never contributed, then you are certainly correct. The system is ecertainly screwed up now. FDR had the right idea, but it certainly isn't now how it was concieved. We have people in this country that will never contribute anything, yet they think the gov't should supply them with everything. Little do they know that money comes from us working folks that pay our taxes.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #39

After the increased medicare premium deduction I netted a whopping $8 a month increase. Oh well, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #40

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Folks can call it what they want, but since I paid between 4% to 6.2% of my earnings from each paycheck for 44 years ... I'll call it a loan repayment from the government!

Just turned 62 this summer and took early SS, I'm getting a whoppin $30 more.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I guess some folks on this site should look up the definition of entitlement. You paid into it so you are "entitled" to a monthly benefit. It is not welfare. Besides, I see very few if any pensions that include a cola.
I do feel for those of you that get the bulk of your income from social security. I know it must be hard to afford the increases in fuel, food and medicine.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sadly for my generation, it is slated to run out 1 year before I retire. I'm glad to be working to aid those on it now, but have to plan as if it won't exist when I reach eligible age.
Closed Thread