Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Officially retired now

Friday was my last day at work. Luncheon, cards and everything. Remembered to get all of my personal stuff except half a bottle of tea in the fridge...
Saturday was our hobby clubs annual show, today was grandson's birthday party...
When do I get to start doing this 'nothing' that retired people are supposed to be able to do

Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
On the Go - One of These Days...
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations on your retirement.

You will now find that you are so busy that you will wonder how you had time to go to work before you retired.

Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Congratulations! Now you have time to fill with all the things you didn't have time to do before. Want to learn oil painting? You can! Want to garden? You can! Want to read? You can! If you get bored, it's your own fault. Have a GREAT time figuring out what to do in this new chapter of life.
Nan & Steve
Roxie, Zooey, & Phoebe
'93 National Seabreeze & '94 Geo Tracker Toad
Nan2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations on your retirement!
I haven't found "nothing" to do yet after four years... The closest I come to nothing to do is when I'm on the road in my MH.
Enjoy your family, your hobbies, your travels and live long and healthy!
Larry and Prissy Sharp
2006 Allegro Bay 37DB
2012 Toyota Yaris
LarrytheBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
Congratulations Sir; I'll give you a hint as to have a quite time, Turn off your Phones! This way no one can bother you and if someone shows up on your doorstep, put them to work around the house, they'll leave! Have fun and hit the road!
Doug & Darlene Morgan RVM96 & Abby Gabby(pooch)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination"Hickory,NC
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations! I have a year to go.
2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #7
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats! Retirement is great. Enjoy your time doing the things you want to do.
Deb & Dale--RVM107--2015 Blackstone 280 RKSB

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
Congrats!!! I am still working but DW is retired and I am only working part time, so lots of time to hit the RV! Happy and safe travels to you!
pismocouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #9
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats on the retirement, Dave. A doctor once told me the number 1 cause of death amongst retired folks is RETIREMENT. If you ever find yourself getting bored, run! We used to own a business, and both had typical career jobs, too. Now, we have no idea how we ever did that.

We even went so far as to getting rid of all the TV's in the house and RV recently, just to stay out of the habit of sitting around. Hobbies, outdoor activities, volunteering, and of course the moho. No grandkids yet, maybe some day. You will figure it out soon enough. I do still get up at the crack of dawn, just like I always did while still on the job. Wifey figured that part out really quick, likes to sleep until 8 am now! Not me.

Enjoy it while you can!

Bruce & Judy, living the dream in Salida, CO!
2005 Nat'l Dolphin W22 Chassis, 2004 Jeep Liberty
"Let's Roll 'em, Let's Roll 'em!"
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #10
Officially retired now

Downtime is a great thing. Since retiring a year ago, been pretty busy. Fishing, golf, and anything else that comes along. So the wife asks what are you doing today, I tell her nothing. She says you did that yesterday and I reply I didn't finish. I really don't know how I did all the things I do when I worked. Oh and I have a lot of projects not completed, saving it for a rainy day or whatever. We have two of our kids on the East Coast two different states, planning on visiting them during the summer. Enjoy your retirement.
OCLNR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #11

Congratulations, 24 days and both my wife and I will be joining you. Can't wait, planning our first leisurely trip now.
Doug & Sue Quade, Gunner our Black Lab
2005 Fleetwood Revolution LE
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
TheQuades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:30 AM   #12
Ford Super Duty Owner
I retired about a year ago and my wife is joining my sometime the latter part of this month. We are new to RVing, but are looking forward to many ventures, including wintering in Florida. Our boys, Ty and Gavin, don't seem to show any excitement, but then again all they do is sleep anyway...a dog's life.
Since retiring I haven't had an issue with the "nothing to do" syndrome...friends and family are always more than willing to help fill the "down" time, if you let them. As mentioned above, now is the time to do "WHATEVER YOU WANT" whenever you want and that is what I have worked toward and am looking forward too the most.
Enjoy your retirement...you've earned it!
Oh...and if you're worried about the half bottle of tea, better go back and get it before they throw it out!
Tom n Terri
Ty & Gavin (our rescued boys)
2008 Gulfstream Independence 8367, Triton V10-Ford F53 Chassis
TnT612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #13
Congrats. I retired this past March. I have cut the grass 3 times a week so far and it hasn't started growing yet..... Didn't know what to do with myself, but it is getting easier. We got a contract on the house this week so it is time to clean it out and start the full time rv live. Again congratulations.
2014 Ram Laramie, 4x4, Dually, Crew Cab, 6.7 Cummins, Aisin Trans, 4:10 rears
2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3,full body paint,17.5 tires, Disc brakes.
rving4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:57 AM   #14
Congrats! We retired 7 years ago and it seems like 7 days ago! Meaning the time fly's by!

2003 Pace Arrow 37A
Winter Home- Arcadia, Florida
USN Vietnam Veteran 1967-1971
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote