Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh deer!

Enjoy! (or not)

Oh deer!

My footnote: This could turn into a dangerous situation at any time.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Interesting

IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #3

Or Not...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Cute but not in any way safe. We bought a house on 10 acres in the pines NW of Durango. Many of our neighbors feed the darn forest rats and they're tame as can be. Unfortunately they can get very aggressive when they're pregnant or have fawns.

Our dogs do NOT chase them but have been blindsided 3x by does spiking them with their front hooves incurring vet bills totaling over $2k. One had the skin torn from her side as she was running up to greet us on our return from a short trip.

Wild animals should stay wild, when they get that tame it's due to human intervention and all too often ends badly.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #5

I like wlidlife as much as any one and enjoy seening them in our yard but not to this extent. As has already been stated they are 'wlid life' and will always be. Up here our wildlife can get to be much larger(moose several hundred pounds) and dangerous (black/grizz bears and wolves), so we make sure that they keep there distance.
Besides up here it is 'illeagle' to feed wildlife.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #6

More than one person has been gored by a deer's antlers. When they get into their annual rut they will go for anyone or anything. I noticed a raccoon there too. In Florida one third to one half of all raccoons have rabies. A drop of saliva on your skin is all it takes and when the symptoms appear you are dead. Deer also get rabies.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
HMMMM on closer reading I smell Hippie (I can say that I was one ) Pyramid power, sandals, flowing clothing and silly grins, not to mention the new age music for sale at the bottom of the page. (the Mp3 is cheaper on Amazon)

It's illegal to feed deer almost everywhere, doesn't stop people from doing it. One or our neighbors was turned in by a propane driver who had a buck charge him while doing a delivery. She now loudly proclaims that she doesn't feed anymore but once in a while her truck pulls in with a load of hay, she doesn't have horses.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
All said and done, they do taste good and make good jerky
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #9

I have several just like this that I sometimes rub their head and antlers..........but mine are hanging on the wall in my den.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Deer For Breakfast - YouTube
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #11

I love deer for breakfast, deer sausage that is.They are cute and lots of folks would love to pet them but they are wild and destructive and some have ticks that carry lime disease.Mostly they are unpredictable with sharp hooves. We have some of these guys around and they can take you right out.Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	30413
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dec 12, 9:38 AM EST

Captive deer attacks Florence woman

FLORENCE, Mont. (AP) -- State wildlife officials say a Florence area woman was seriously injured when she was attacked by a whitetail deer buck that apparently was being kept illegally at her residence.
The Ravalli Republic reports ( Whitetail deer attacks Florence woman ) a ranch hand found the woman injured in a pen Tuesday morning and called for help. The woman was taken to a Missoula hospital and the deer was euthanized.
Ravalli County Undersheriff Perry Johnson said he was told the woman was severely injured, but he did not have any information about the extent of her injuries.
Fish, Wildlife and Parks Warden Sgt. Joe Jaquith says the initial investigation indicated the woman was keeping the deer in a pen. It is illegal for people to possess live game animals.
---
Information from: Ravalli Republic, Ravalli Republic
2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I was just reading the above in the morning paper this morning. Deer can be very dangerous.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Years ago we built a house on a half acre that bordered a wetlands park. It was heavily wooded and we cleared enough to build our house and shop. The deer there were plentiful and were like those in the video. Lot's of mornings we would sit at our table and the deer would look in at us through the patio door. Although they were very tame we tried to keep our distance. They were nice to have around but like said above they are wild and have to be respected. They were extremely hard on new plantings, flowers etc.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club

Did ANYONE read "My footnote?"

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote