Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye
You are right about that. But while the bodies are bigger the antlers seem to be smaller the farther north you go compared to South Texas 200+ Boone & Crockett ratings.

Don
I have many Texas deer hunting friends and have heard the tales of the Texas giants. My friends must all be terrible hunters on bad leases. One has 1 - the others not so much. It could be them and I think they have a better chance of bagging this guy

Name:   image-1773784940.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  52.3 KB
__________________

__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Kathryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldkarphart View Post
Wow, how'd you get him to stand like that?
LOL!!! We are soooooo bad ... that was my first thought also!

Kathryn

~~~
__________________

__________________
Kathryn . . . still lurking and learning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Kathryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
You are right about that. But while the bodies are bigger the antlers seem to be smaller the farther north you go compared to South Texas 200+ Boone & Crockett ratings.

Don
Sounds like a personal problem to me!

Kathryn

~~~
__________________
Kathryn . . . still lurking and learning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Langley. BC, Canada
Posts: 677
Dogpatch, where in BC are you? Nice pic. We used to see a lot of deer on southern Vancouver Island (Saanich) where we lived in a forested area. Was walking outside once in the pitch dark and suddenly heard loud cracking of branches on the ground close to me. Almost jumped out of my skin. Later found out it was just the deer going for a late night run. Used to get deer crossing the road in front of our car lots. Learned that the first one across is the mom followed by her little babies and that you had to stop for the whole family to cross.

Now live in Langley BC and rarely see deer here. Lots of coyotes around Langley and especially LOTS of flippin' moles... Besides wildlife here, I have never seen so many types of invasive and hard to kill weeds in my life.

Deer apparently don't eat yellow cedars though. Different flavor and smell. We have a small tree nursery with yellow cedars so come and get them!
__________________
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS & Ford F250 supercab V10 4x4 LB
Langley, B.C.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #33
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Dogpatch, where in BC are you? Nice pic. We used to see a lot of deer on southern Vancouver Island (Saanich) where we lived in a forested area. Was walking outside once in the pitch dark and suddenly heard loud cracking of branches on the ground close to me. Almost jumped out of my skin. Later found out it was just the deer going for a late night run. Used to get deer crossing the road in front of our car lots. Learned that the first one across is the mom followed by her little babies and that you had to stop for the whole family to cross.

Now live in Langley BC and rarely see deer here. Lots of coyotes around Langley and especially LOTS of flippin' moles... Besides wildlife here, I have never seen so many types of invasive and hard to kill weeds in my life.

Deer apparently don't eat yellow cedars though. Different flavor and smell. We have a small tree nursery with yellow cedars so come and get them!
We live in the Okanagan Valley. Lots of everything here. Cougars, deer, coyotes, raccoons, bears, mice, weeds.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Langley. BC, Canada
Posts: 677
Dogpatch, DW grew up in Vernon. BIL still there. He actually bought our old TT and we want to camp together some day up there. Would be nice to see our old TT again.

Any recommendations for cgs around the Okanagon? Am I right there is a nice one at Salmon Lake? Not into dry camping but would do it for a couple of days if the cg was really nice. 'Course, camping anywhere in the summer in the OK is "dry" camping, lol.

Wildlife is beautiful. However, weeds are the scourge of the earth. Am positive aliens came here and dropped weed seeds everywhere to try and wipe us out....
__________________
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS & Ford F250 supercab V10 4x4 LB
Langley, B.C.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA (Stick & Brick)
Posts: 2,623
A Scotsman was visiting relatives in Canada, A very large animal with antlers wandered by and he asked what it was. The reply was "A moose". He responded "Och, man if yon thing's a moose, I would nae want to meet one of your rats."
__________________
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and ex-RVers.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,464
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post

You are right about that. But while the bodies are bigger the antlers seem to be smaller the farther north you go compared to South Texas 200+ Boone & Crockett ratings.

Don
There are some in the upper midwest that would politely disagree. For body and rack size, it has to do with what they eat. And many B&Cs come out of MN, WI, MI.
A cruise through Cabelas shows us a lot.
My FIL was in a group of 6 with 4 big bucks. FILs was 275 lb dressed. It was the smallest.

Just sayin....

Dave
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #37
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Dogpatch, DW grew up in Vernon. BIL still there. He actually bought our old TT and we want to camp together some day up there. Would be nice to see our old TT again.

Any recommendations for cgs around the Okanagon? Am I right there is a nice one at Salmon Lake? Not into dry camping but would do it for a couple of days if the cg was really nice. 'Course, camping anywhere in the summer in the OK is "dry" camping, lol.

Wildlife is beautiful. However, weeds are the scourge of the earth. Am positive aliens came here and dropped weed seeds everywhere to try and wipe us out....
There are lots of campgrounds in our area and within an hour of here. Some right on the lakes.
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.