Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Gee halfwright , I'd say your way of thinking is TOTALLYWRIGHT

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Happy Birthday.

Guess I still have a few years to go before I take the attitude that I should stop fighting things that are wrong.
  • I still speak out when people do/say rude things.
  • I still fight a government that steals our liberty because people let them.
  • I still fight against free government cheese for those that didn't earn it paid for by those that did.
  • I still fight against a government that tells me I have to buy something I don't want and is too expensive unless I get a hand out the country can't afford.
  • I still tell people to get off their backside and fight for those that follow them.

Guess I still need to grow up.

1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
I will turn 75 next month. My wife and I keep a 2 and a 1/2 year old great grandchild every day. We don't get to travel as much as we used to but I found out the four greatest words in the world are " I love you Poppa"
Old 03-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #18

Jay,
I used to do all those things and more. then, I found no matter how much I raved or fought, it made no difference. I can't change people or the system, so, to save my gut from ulcers, I accept what is.

I want to thank all of your for the birthday wishes. That was very kind. Now, if I give you my address, will you send money?? 0)
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
Jay,
I used to do all those things and more. then, I found no matter how much I raved or fought, it made no difference. I can't change people or the system, so, to save my gut from ulcers, I accept what is.

I want to thank all of your for the birthday wishes. That was very kind. Now, if I give you my address, will you send money?? 0)
And those of us still at it miss you. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do brother.

Send money? HA! Let me know if that works so I can try it.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
Old Car Nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
I have never understood why birthdays that make your age end in zero are different. But, they feel that way. I guess it is the ides of another decade, not just another year. And, I now have seven decades. Yep, I hit the big "70". But, I still wonder who that old man that looks at me from the mirror is.
There is no garuantee that I will see eighty. But there was not a garuantee for seventy either. So, what happens now? I have lost the desire and never had the ability to change the whole world. All I can do is to keep on keeping on and try to make my small spot in the world a little better. Try to get a smile from people who need to smile. Try to be an old man that people can talk to. Try not to tell all the younger people how to live because what was the way fifty years ago doesn't work now. Keep active, both mind and body. Accept change, because things will change whether you accept it or not. I don't like some of the changes, but no one asked me. I am too old to put on my armor, jump on my charger and attack the nearest windmill.
All I can do is the best I can for me and mine. And, try to spread kindness and humour as I finish out what is left for me.
Happy Birthday..Well said have a great year
Old 03-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I think they made a mistake on my birth certificate! There's no way I could be this dang old!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #22

Happy Birthday,,,,

I can relate. Back when I was 30ish I pretty much had the world completely reformed.
Now, I look around and here are a bunch of new 30 ish'ers that have changed it all again. Since I have so many other things to see and do, I no longer have time for more World Changing so I'll just let them get on with it.

Its a Monkey but, It's not my Monkey!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Happy birthday Jim! I have a couple years to go to catch you, but I wonder how much more smarter can I get. I am pretty darn smart already! Do you keep getting smarter after 70?
There is a conspiracy with mirrors that show us guys the wrong image. It's not fair!!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Happy Birthday.

Guess I still have a few years to go before I take the attitude that I should stop fighting things that are wrong.
  • I still speak out when people do/say rude things.
  • I still fight a government that steals our liberty because people let them.
  • I still fight against free government cheese for those that didn't earn it paid for by those that did.
  • I still fight against a government that tells me I have to buy something I don't want and is too expensive unless I get a hand out the country can't afford.
  • I still tell people to get off their backside and fight for those that follow them.

Guess I still need to grow up.

I will be 70 next month and not ready to quit trying to fight the good fight.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #25

Dennis,
I don't know if I will keep getting smarter or not. I have only been 70 for a day. But, I think my brain is so full of knowledge now that if I learn something new, something old will fall out. At least that is what I will use as an excuse for a bad memory.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything - Oscar Wilde
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #27

Happy Be=lated Birthday Sir, I truly enjoyed you're outlook on life as I will be at the 60 mark this year. I couldn't help but notice that there were two states on your map that you haven't made it to, Michigan and North Carolina. I was born and raised in Mich. till 6 years ago when we decided to move south to N.Carolina. If you should get the notion to go the Great Lake State, Alcona Pond C.G. near Alpena, Mi. and anything near Ludington, Mi are two places you just have to see and enjoy via RV. You won't regret it. Alcona Pond is the most reasonable 25.00 a nite FHU and very clean and Large. On the Au Sable River. Clean Rest Rooms and can be very nice and peaceful! Ludington, Is just plain Beautiful and is right on Lake Michigans shore line. CGs of all shapes and sizes! Can't go wrong at either place.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Unionville, Tn.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Happy Birthday. Your spot on. We've fought the good fight it's time to let the younger guys and girls take the wheel. It's really hard to admit it but very few people care or even acknowledge our opinions when we reach the "golden Years." I'm with you share what we learned, be as happy as possible, care for one another, and remember the journey is the destination. Many more my friend.

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote