Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #43

Foretravel Owners Club
Old Truckers

I was lucky, after 3 yrs I was able to get off the road, was with Shaffer before the 1CCC (Crete) group bought it. That was 1974, got into Onan Generator servicing, 10 yrs later was able to start my own service company, today Cummins is buying me out.
For past 6 yrs have owned a Foretravel with the ISM500, what a blast to drive.
Still feel more comfy staying at truck stops than Wally World.
Yes traveled most states with Shaffer, driven by many famous places, seen nothing, just stupid folks doing stupid things.
Being 73 am ready to travel and see more.
No debt, With the correct DW have been able to become total independant $$$ wise, we enjoy good health, why I say am lucky. Had to get away from the road but thought about it every day.
Dave M

Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genset View Post
I was lucky, after 3 yrs I was able to get off the road, was with Shaffer before the 1CCC (Crete) group bought it. That was 1974, got into Onan Generator servicing, 10 yrs later was able to start my own service company, today Cummins is buying me out.
For past 6 yrs have owned a Foretravel with the ISM500, what a blast to drive.
Still feel more comfy staying at truck stops than Wally World.
Yes traveled most states with Shaffer, driven by many famous places, seen nothing, just stupid folks doing stupid things.
Being 73 am ready to travel and see more.
No debt, With the correct DW have been able to become total independant $$$ wise, we enjoy good health, why I say am lucky. Had to get away from the road but thought about it every day.
Dave M
Dave, great story, and I know what you mean, thinking about it everyday! I miss it every day too, but then I think about all the crap that went with the good, and I am glad I am where I am now! My truck had a Double Eagle gen set on it, and I loved it! 3 cyl. Kabota diesel, 8500w marathon generator. My MH has a 7000w Onan Marquis. I guess we know who to PM if we have any issues with our gen sets!
I was looking for a Foretravel when I found the MH I have now, just did not come across the right one at the right time! But I still keep my eye out! I bet yours is a blast to drive!
Rail!
PS, I really enjoyed looking thru all the pic's of the old trucks, and saw many that looked close to the ones I drove thru the years! Thanks!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Never drove a big rig but my son did for about a year. He was east bound I40, 2am, partner in the sleeper, when this lady in a Mercedes, fell asleep at the wheel, crashed into and rolled over the center divider and continued rolling right into my sons rig. It all happened in the blink of an eye. The lady was ejected and landed behind his trailer. My son jumped out to see if he could help her and wished he never had. She was beyond help.

My son received 8 hrs psyc evaluation / intervention, two weeks home paid and back to work... but he couldn't do it.

All the respect to those who do it for a living...

Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is online now   Reply With Quote