Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
On The Road Again

Howdy Y'all, On our seventh day on the road in new to us 2000 Pace Arrow. And my second week of no smoking! (AND NO CHEATING ).
So far so good, drives, handles good. Has taken 6-7 degree grades no problem, Interstate speeds no problem (smooth at 70), I just prefer 60. All major components are operational, refer holding at 38 degrees both electric & propane, heater worked good for the 2 nights in the PA mountains. The dash air is not working, have been using front a/c but only occasionally. Will be trouble shooting dash a/c tomorrow.
That said, If I can just stop forgetting to; CLOSE THIS DOOR OR THAT VALVE, ADD CHEMS TO TANK, DON'T JACK FRONT WHEELS OFF GROUND TO GET LEVEL, SETTING UP CAMP ON A SITE WHERE THE SEWER GROUND CAP IS AT HIGHER ELEVATION THAN BLACK TANK, OH YEAH "AND OPENING BLACK VALVE"
That said My Girl still loves me and is hanging tough. My Navigator is not too happy with me but she is just Human. I just Love RV'ing and RV'ers, have met so many really great people, haven't done this since the 80's. Seven days from central PA to central Iowa. Going on fifth day here in Cedar Falls and waiting on Sturgis crowd to thin out before heading to South Dakota for residence switch. We have stayed in Cedar Falls as it's only $24.00 per night water/pwr/sewer with good WiFi.
Y'all Be Careful Out There, Hope To Meet Some Of Ya In The Future.
Will be in Eastern South Dakota on Monday getting Statehood Squared Away.
PS: I would attach a pic but keeps asking for my URL??? I think my oil is 5-20 but I guess I have to check my owners and shop manual cuz it don't like it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #2

We have friends in Cedar Rapids and spent several days there last spring as we traveled to South Dakota, where we have been campground hosts this summer. We are near Hot Springs, if you happen to come this way!

From your ID I'd suspect that you are a former Navy fellow? I spent 8 years in the sub service, but that was a long time ago...
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote