Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

Smile One week from today

Okay, first I'm hoping this is the proper area for this post. I looked and didn't really see a description but anyways...

In one week.. just one week, at this time. I will have finished setting up camp, have a fire burning and be sitting in my nice comfy chair staring at the flames and will continue to do that for the next two weeks.

Oh I know, many people here are on permanent vacation but I just get to look forward to the two week vacations that I get.

But it's going to be awesome, the better half, the daughter, the dog and the parents. Life is good at the lake.
Raist11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #2

Do not forget to throw the stick , that experience tells me your dog will drag up to the side of your chair.
Enjoy your vacation, .. if nobody worked none of us could be retired and lording it over you.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raist11 View Post
Oh I know, many people here are on permanent vacation but I just get to look forward to the two week vacations that I get.
We're in the same boat; looking forward to time off. Have fun!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Do not forget to throw the stick , that experience tells me your dog will drag up to the side of your chair.
Enjoy your vacation, .. if nobody worked none of us could be retired and lording it over you.
Enjoy your vacation and the peaceful times at the lake in your chair. I envy you.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have a great time. Where are you going to do this? We might want to stop by and share your beer.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Have a great time. Where are you going to do this? We might want to stop by and share your beer.
Well you would be looking at about 50hrs driving time I think. That seems a little steep for a beer. Although being Canadian I understand going to great lengths for beer. We will be in the Prince Albert National Park (Northern Saskatchewan). Lots of lakes and a lot of beautiful scenery.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #7

Well the trip was a success! Okay, so a couple potential dog attacks, a neighbor leaving their yappy dog unattended all day with the blinds open (yap!yap!yap!Repeat!), Couple nights of people partying in a CG with a 24hr Quiet Zone sign at entrance, no picnic bench at one CG and a blown waterline somewhere else in the CG resulting I our water being shut off.... (deep breath) but it was all still a fantastic two weeks. we stayed at three different spots and it was heaven. Now it's at an end and I go back to work on Monday and begin daydreaming about the next trip.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Well the trip was a success! Okay, so a couple potential dog attacks, a neighbor leaving their yappy dog unattended all day with the blinds open (yap!yap!yap!Repeat!), Couple nights of people partying in a CG with a 24hr Quiet Zone sign at entrance, no picnic bench at one CG and a blown waterline somewhere else in the CG resulting I our water being shut off.... (deep breath) but it was all still a fantastic two weeks. we stayed at three different spots and it was heaven. Now it's at an end and I go back to work on Monday and begin daydreaming about the next trip.
Yep, that sounds about right. Glad you had a great time.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #9

Lake Wiskyslew, in PANP. DW's parents met there.
Did you get a chance for a round of golf ?
Even if you don't play , it's worth a trip to the course , just to pick up a score card and read the " local rules ".
First local rule, " There is NO out of bounds." you can chase your ball all over northern Saskatchewan, if you want; but 10' off the fairway , you'd probably never find it.
No mention of bears, t'storms, or breakdowns, so sounds like a good trip.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Lake Wiskyslew, in PANP. DW's parents met there.
Did you get a chance for a round of golf ?
Even if you don't play , it's worth a trip to the course , just to pick up a score card and read the " local rules ".
First local rule, " There is NO out of bounds." you can chase your ball all over northern Saskatchewan, if you want; but 10' off the fairway , you'd probably never find it.
No mention of bears, t'storms, or breakdowns, so sounds like a good trip.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Nope, didn't do any golfing. That rule would help me, I have one hell of a beautiful slice.. it arcs so nicely... into the woods. We did come around the side of the golf course though and saw 3 elk going across the green, that was amazing! We usually see a bear or two around Waskesiu but not this year. And while the weather wasn't as hot as we would have liked, it only rained twice (short showers) so we didn't complain one bit.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #11

Don't forget to play with the puppy, before you leave for work, he'll be suffering from , lack of play time.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Quote:

Well that's all the bad stuff How about a little sentence or two about what made it so wonderful.

Dick
Old 08-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
Well that's all the bad stuff How about a little sentence or two about what made it so wonderful.

Dick
Hmmm, yes well I guess my point was more that with the crappy things that happened.. it was still heaven.

Let's see.. good things:

1. Spent a lot of time with my daughter, going for walks and such.
2. Spent a lot of time with my wife doing the same things.
3. Spent a lot of time with my parents doing much of the same.
4. Spent a lot of time with our dog throwing sticks into the lake.
5. Spent a lot of time staring at the fire.
6. Spent a little time drinking beer.
7. Spent some time watching beautiful sunsets over the lake.
8. Spent some time with my sister and her family at their beach, cabin and on their pontoon boat.
9. Spent some time video taping the butt of an elk. (since I didn't get the camera out in time).
10. Spent quite a lot of money.
11. Spent absolutely NO time repairing the RV.

Success.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Sounds like a great outing. Those are the reasons I like having a RV

Dick