Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I thank you for applying that exception. We natives that are country folks pray for a good earthquake,tsunami,or fire so we can take our state back from the loonies.
That won't work! See below
Quote:
To make things even tougher I'm a businessman. I just spent the last 18 months trying to register a vehicle I bought for the business. I leased it and then bought it at the end of the lease. The folder is over 1 inch thick. I got a "fix it ticket" from a kind CHP officer that said I had incomplete registration. No kidding. I have been paying the registration all along and he found that out after running the plates. I told him my story but he was not interested and gave me the nice fix it ticket. So then I spent three months going to the courthouse to get extensions. They would not let me pay the full fine of $240 so I could at least get that crap off my back. I kept getting go to jail notices which would have been fun since the police chiefs and sheriffs all know me personally. So yesterday someone finally dotted the i and gave me the "complete registration". Off to the courthouse again and it took twenty minutes of some clerk typing and $25 to pay the fine.
Yeah up here in BC we are well acquainted with "i" dotters and "t" crossers and most come from CA
Quote:

Yep. California is nuts and I cannot wait to leave. We lost our state many years ago and cannot get it back.
way back when we had a horde of pot smoking lazy ass pacifists show up in BC and the province has gone downhill ever since. These nimrods still act like its May 3rd 1973 and cause way to much problems for us to continually have to deal with.

How about we pull a deal and you move up here and we'll ship the bozo nimrod element back to California.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #30

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
How about we pull a deal and you move up here and we'll ship the bozo nimrod element back to California.
Are you proposing we swap nuts for fruits or vice versa...

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #31
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Are you proposing we swap nuts for fruits or vice versa...
Hey now, I resemble that remark.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #32

Ten or so years ago, I worked on a job in Idaho with some guys from BC and they told me that it really means "bring cash"... They also mentioned that people are living better from government handouts than actually working for it! Is/was this really true??
Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I think a proper answer would have to overload the reply size allotted. There are people (third generation) that IO know who are living off the largess of the province. Last I heard they get about 600 a month and all medical (health, eye teeth) coverage paid for by the government. Any talk of forcing these people out to work is met with cries of disdain from the ever present dogood element.

There was a call for these people to do a pee test before their welfare cheque is provided but again the dogooders rallied around these donothings and attempt at the passing the pee test was dropped as it infringed on their rights to sit back, collect money and smoke dope.

Strange, how these self same dogooders find it completely OK that the hard working people who pay for this largess through their taxes, have to pass pee test 101 every time they go into the job site to work.

Yuppers its not called BC for being anything but Bring Cash for nothing and please bring and lots of it, I wanna go on welfare too.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #34

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting to hear welfare/immigration concerns are not limited to the US. I was watching world news last night that talked about the illegal immigration problem in Great Britain. It seems other countries poor folk have been told the streets were paved in gold. Immigrants poured in and destroyed their passports to make it difficult to be deported.

Conditions are so bad there they now are trying to get out of GB, but with no papers they can't leave... crazy systems even in other countries.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Update: sun is out, time to go hiking and BBQ later.
I will be at the Rose Bowl tomorrow with the RV, it's not winterized.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #36

Sounds like the problem that people are barely noticing down here (until now) was realized over a decade ago by our neighbors to the North... These are truly sad times indeed
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #37

They probably had been watching TV and was told that the combination of acid rain and the solar flares would create rain that would melt them.
I'M MELTING, I'M MELTING!!!!
We get .10 of rain and the media makes it sound like the 100 year flood is on the way.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I think a proper answer would have to overload the reply size allotted. There are people (third generation) that IO know who are living off the largess of the province. Last I heard they get about 600 a month and all medical (health, eye teeth) coverage paid for by the government. Any talk of forcing these people out to work is met with cries of disdain from the ever present dogood element.

There was a call for these people to do a pee test before their welfare cheque is provided but again the dogooders rallied around these donothings and attempt at the passing the pee test was dropped as it infringed on their rights to sit back, collect money and smoke dope.

Strange, how these self same dogooders find it completely OK that the hard working people who pay for this largess through their taxes, have to pass pee test 101 every time they go into the job site to work.

Yuppers its not called BC for being anything but Bring Cash for nothing and please bring and lots of it, I wanna go on welfare too.

Those are the same people that complain about having to have a picture ID to vote. They say it infrindges their civil rights.
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I should add that I do support the people in need who get welfare because they are legitimately unable to work. I do get a little riled at the able bodied ones who cannot get jobs because they chose to smoke, stick or shove whatever into their bodies and for that reason can't get work.

I strongly believe if you can't pass pee test 101 (or the oral swab test 102) then you should be taken off welfare. If they are able enough to purchase drugs etc then why are they on welfare?

I also believe that the Canadian Criminal Justice System is too oriented toward the criminal and does nothing for the victims.
OK putting away the soapbox and getting back to RVing.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #40

To get back to the original post, I was once in Bakersfield, listening to the local radio. A politico there was bragging on the upgrade to their storm sewer system that allowed them to handle as much as 1/2 inch of rain per 24 hours. And I see some areas out there have outlawed collecting rainwater (as I do at my cabin in Arkansas).

And on a similar note, I was once talking to some officers of a cruise ship. They said that if they found a good rain squall, they would go a little out of their way to run through it, since the fresh water wash saved hundreds of hours of cleaning. However, they also said that if they did it during the day, they would go and watch the video camera covering the pools; they were amazed at how panicked the people would be to get OUT of the pool when it started raining. Think about it.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like a lot of envious people out there.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
If they ground up that big rock they might have some material to fix their roads. Their is a bunch of old B.C. Premiers that want to legalize pot now. They shut down the Forest Industry and Mining and all kinds of other stuff and now this is their answer to fix everything. I put in my working life in B.C. and now live in Alberta.

Tags
california