Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Denise and I are chatting about getting off Vancouver Island and heading back east. If we summer in Canada and winter in "Someplace warm" USA my achy old artificial limbs may be able to handle that. We kind of like the area around Princeton BC and around Lethbridge AB. The ability to sell here and make a good buck is getting better and this could influence where we end up and how far east we do go.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Princeton is my favorite fishing place or just out of it. We checked out Lethbridge and it is great other than very windy all the time.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My "new" big thing is learning how to fly fish. I have found literally hundreds of great places on the Island but like you I have found some wonderful luck in the Similkameen River and the feeder creeks to it.
Some of the streams along highway three yield some very nice fish but a lot of places are catch and release. I want to try several of the lakes between Princeton and Merritt along highway 5. They look like there should be quality fish in those pools.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
Huh?????????? So spending that much to move a "Rock" is OK with you. Have no idea what names you are throwing around. No doubt, it's a Calif. thing.
"Kaufman and Broad" (pronounced "brode") is K&B, the home builder. Mr. Broad is famous for paying (almost singlehandedly) for a political convention, I think Democratic in 2004(?). He has quite the reputation as a donor to various causes, such as this museum.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #47

Bail out HUH?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #48

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Went to Walmart today to pick up a few things and got out of the car during a light rain storm. Halfway to the entrance a cloudburst hit.
All of a sudden I heard multiple loud screams as if someone was being murdered

People running madly for cover! Women screaming and dragging their babies to safety. It was total carnage

I don't think these people have ever seen rain like this before, it was terrifying

You laugh, but I think you'd scream in horror if YOU had just spent $200 getting your boufont adjusted and this happend to you.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
You laugh, but I think you'd scream in horror if YOU had just spent $200 getting your boufont adjusted and this happend to you.
I would have to say the your wife would be even slightly more concerned about hers Too.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #50

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had another rare rainstorm last night, decided it was much safer to just stay here inside this time. It scares me to hear mass amounts of people screaming in horror.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #51

"Art for art's sake, money for God's sake" (Pet Rock mania)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
The other day there was a story about a museum in L.A. spending 9 days & thousands of dollars (tax dollars) to move a rock into the city. The state is broke & they spend that kind of money on a rock? Really? Wow.
That wasn't a rock! That was art...! The folks ARE truly nuts in this state (of denial) and the good weather attracts the truly certifiable kind... Free food, free money and enough lawyers available to sue anyone because your hairdo (or pet rock) got wet today! Besides, aren't most artists supposedly all a "little" nuts?

Yeah, rain is pretty unusual here and the amount of single car accidents after a good soaking just shows how unusual good drivers are in this state as well!

fix that car
Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
well.......

Kalafornia has a lot to offer in the way of climate (except for earthquakes and mudslides) , which make most of us envious and Michigan has cold weather and snow in the winter, High unemployment (more people working now though), deteriorating big cities, etc. But.... One thing we have that the left coast does not have.....Clean, sweet, fresh water for boating, drinking, irrigating farm fields, etc.......in great abundance. We do have the most coast line of any of the lower 48 states too and it all borders the fresh waters of the Great Lakes (no sharks there). We have different cultures too, like Yoopers that speak like Canadians, eh .We like the changing seasons and this state has an abundance of winter activities (like snow mobiles, ice fishing, Winter festivals,skiing etc). We put up the coach for winter and partake some of the winter activities, although I will someday go to Fla for the winter.

I'm just sayen................
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yoopers are the greatest people in Michigan. Dayze close to being Canajen fer sure, fer sure!!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Possum,

Us trolls r gud guis tu...eh? We like Molson an Hockey...sphelusly dem ret wings...eh!
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Imported or domestic Molson's? There is a big difference.

Doze ret wings iz OK but deese here Canucks iz way much betterer; eh!

Miss being able to catch the Red Blue games in Ann Arbor. Too far to drive from here but I relatively close by when I lived at the north end of I-75, just over the border.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Went to Walmart today to pick up a few things and got out of the car during a light rain storm. Halfway to the entrance a cloudburst hit.
All of a sudden I heard multiple loud screams as if someone was being murdered

People running madly for cover! Women screaming and dragging their babies to safety. It was total carnage

I don't think these people have ever seen rain like this before, it was terrifying
Hmm, I'm from california, and I didn't act like that I'm pretty sure it's not the rain that we overreact with, it's the SNOW!

Tags
california